Odd Wii homebrew behavior (Red Mario Wii)

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's been many many years since I have used an original Wii. I used to write software for this thing ;)

Anyhow, while I have a Wii U modded of course with the vWii side of things modded, I wanted an original Wii again for the bedroom where I have a Sony Wega CRT on order to take advantage of 240P Doublestrike modes in certain emulators (which by the way looks amazing on a CRT!)

However, I am running into an issue with this Wii that I do not recall having long ago. It will randomly black screen when launching homebrew. When it does, the Wiimote goes out of sync and the only way to reboot the console is by holding the power button.

It will randomly happen sometimes after launching a few emulators (Genesis Plus GX, FCEUX TX, etc.) or sometimes will happen when powering right up and loading just one emulator. Mostly however it happens if I bounce around a few emulators, and it can also happen when launching HBC. Rebooting always resolves it for the time being and things load fine. It is just random.

I personally modded this using the current method from wii.guide, and I have checked the IOS's using SysCheck and everything is normal. There are no signs of the previous owner ever hacking this or writing over the stock v4.3 IOS's.

I just don't get it. I have the exact same emulator setup (same emulators, same files) on the vWii and no matter how many times I jump in and out of homebrew on that console I cannot reproduce this.
Post automatically merged:

Fixed it myself. I had to create a virgin NAND for this Wii and bring it right back to stock condition and then hack it again. The last owner must have done some funny things to it. Boy do I miss the days of being able to buy one of these brand new (affordably). Carry on ;)

Last edited by zektor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto