Not open for further replies.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they could... just look at the dolphin emu... increase the internal rez and it looks way batter...
Increasing the internal res works well 90% of the time, the other 10% it introduces graphic glitches (small) or completely destroys the image due to certain effects not properly scaling (if you directly apply a post-processing effect to a 640x480 image before it's rendered, and you try to scale it afterwards you will end up with some messed up graphics. I again point to my Wind Waker lava dungeon example)

Nintendo can't do a half in half out on games because that makes customers upset... It's very much an all or nothing, and nothing is by far the much cheaper option when there are literally thousands of games that would have to be tested from start to finish to make sure that there is nothing game breaking.
WW is a GC game which the Wii U won't support anyways so that's a pointless example to use, do you have any Wii game examples? I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I'm just genuinely curious.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bout we get back on topic?
First step to returning things to on-topic... stating something on-topic. Just a little advice.

Just so you know, the topic we were discussing WAS on topic... which was why the graphics for the game looked worse than some videos made it seem, then came a discussion of why the graphics looked different via emulation versus native then a continuation on that as to the game not looking any better on Wii U... it's still discussing the demo :P

That said, until someone finds something new about the demo that isn't a major plot spoiler, we aren't likely to see much added to this thread.

(edit) Wii game examples? I believe Okami uses various full screen post processing effects... at least it does on the PS2 version which is why those effects are disabled in the emu (PS2 version in PCSX2 that is, Wii version may have handled those graphics differently, I honestly am not sure... The comparison is still valid though because MANY emulated PS2 games had to have certain effects disabled/removed/altered for the same reasons)

I know the Wii Tales game uses a fullscreen post processing effect in certain areas (you can tell because the rest of the game uses an AA, and in those scenes even the AA had to be turned off)... Basically, any game that uses any sort of effect that warps the whole screen will DEFINITELY break a high res render... there will also be a lot of games that have temporary effects/etc that can cause graphical glitching... Unfortunately I don't have a definitive list handy... I'm sure if you checked out the dolphin forums or compatibility list and looked up games that have graphical issues, that list would almost entirely match up with anything the Wii U could do with scaling for the same reasons.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whereabouts? Because it's 2.43 in the morning in Switzerland =P Be interesting to see if anyone gets a copy in the mail today, as those who ordered from those websites previously mentioned were apparently sent an email telling them it had been dispatched yesterday as promised =)

Broken_Cartridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whereabouts? Because it's 2.43 in the morning in Switzerland =P Be interesting to see if anyone gets a copy in the mail today, as those who ordered from those websites previously mentioned were apparently sent an email telling them it had been dispatched yesterday as promised =)
There was one retailer that was selling it all day the 10th in Switzerland. A good amount of people already have it. (I can't remember what retailer it was, but it's in the here http://gbatemp.net/topic/313143-skyward-sword-release-on-1111-in-switzerland/ somewhere)
For reference, if you really do look for it, a guy took a picture of his username written on the back of a receipt in front of a copy of the game (this user is from a different site "SuperVN" or something) and you can see the name of the retailer through the back and other members posted like a google maps image of the retailer and everything.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm yeah, maybe =D

Although those sites also promised people who had ordered their copies from their sites they would get it by the 11th so hopefully a whole bunch more people get it, will increase the chances of one leaking it =D

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played a bit of the demo (I don't have the Wii Motion+ yet, used a code). It's pretty good so far.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I love the demo, played I don;t know how many times =P Last time I played it I tried to find as many rupees as possible think I got to about 104? =)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I love the demo, played I don;t know how many times =P Last time I played it I tried to find as many rupees as possible think I got to about 104? =)
I don't know how you have enough time to get them all. I must be a crappy gamer cause I always hit the time limit before doing very much

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
i think my m+ is broken. the circle menu for items is a nightmare and balancing on the wire never works :(

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
So is there still not a working code to get rid of the time limit? Or does the code work and I'm just doing it wrong?

I've never used Ocarina codes before—I have a .gct file with the title ID as the file name, in the codes folder in the root of my SD card, and I set it to use codes in Neogamma… (Can't figure out how to format my hard drive from my Mac so I can use WBFS…)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D