Gaming Skylanders Spyro's Adventure questions

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,

Does anyone have Skylanders Spyro's Adventure game ?

I'm willing to know how to game feels like/plays like (both consoles and 3ds versions).

How hard is the game ? Is it easier than Mario 3D Land ? Is it fun ? What's the target audience ?

I heard the miniatures in the game works with a RFID chip. Are there persistence values/attributes in the miniatures ? (aka: you can't buy used ones)

Anything else I should know of ? :)

Thanks in advance!

machmandp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

As a Family that has 3 copies of both Skylanders and Mario Land on the 3DS and also Skylanders on the Wii and Xbox i hope i can answer for you

1. The 3ds version is very different from the console versions, the 3DS version is essentially a Platform game whereas the console versions are in my opinion much better,
thats not saying that the 3DS version is poor it's just not as good and will not last as long

2. I completed the game quite quickly although to have full completion you will need 1 skylander from each element , there is no comparison to Mario land to be honest , Mario is much harder and more varied

3 As regards to the figures yes they have a RFID chip but you can buy used ones as you can reset them to zero whenever you want to

not too sure what you already have or want so if it were my choice then i would get the console version first and the 3DS version is good as it extends the play using the figures you will already have for the console version

I hope that the above does not come across as negative as i did enjoy the game but not as much as 3D Mario or the console versions and i found it very short in terms of playing hours

Hope this helps

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other questions you've got, check out my video blog. It doesn't update very quickly as I have two kids, two jobs, and very little time to play anymore, but I try my best to answer questions.

mrredpants

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

As a Family that has 3 copies of both Skylanders and Mario Land on the 3DS and also Skylanders on the Wii and Xbox i hope i can answer for you

1. The 3ds version is very different from the console versions, the 3DS version is essentially a Platform game whereas the console versions are in my opinion much better,
thats not saying that the 3DS version is poor it's just not as good and will not last as long

2. I completed the game quite quickly although to have full completion you will need 1 skylander from each element , there is no comparison to Mario land to be honest , Mario is much harder and more varied

3 As regards to the figures yes they have a RFID chip but you can buy used ones as you can reset them to zero whenever you want to

not too sure what you already have or want so if it were my choice then i would get the console version first and the 3DS version is good as it extends the play using the figures you will already have for the console version

I hope that the above does not come across as negative as i did enjoy the game but not as much as 3D Mario or the console versions and i found it very short in terms of playing hours

Hope this helps

To piggy back this - I just got the start pack spyro adventure. Comes with 3 of the figures. Within 20 minutes of my 6 year old opening the game, he was already harassing me for more figures! Go figure.

1. What is the USB cable for - I get that it plugs into the computer but I can't find any documentation on what it is needed for.

2. The figures - once they enter the game, are they there for good? My thought was, there are neighbors with the same game and more figures - could we borrow their figures, put them on the portal, let them enter the game, and not have to buy more actual figures?

3. Are there any cheats or cracks or ways to trick the game into thinking the figures are there already in the game?

4. Are the figures specific to the console? Could I buy used figures from a wii or other console and use them on the 3ds portal?

Thanks in advance party people.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To piggy back this - I just got the start pack spyro adventure. Comes with 3 of the figures. Within 20 minutes of my 6 year old opening the game, he was already harassing me for more figures! Go figure.

1. What is the USB cable for - I get that it plugs into the computer but I can't find any documentation on what it is needed for.

2. The figures - once they enter the game, are they there for good? My thought was, there are neighbors with the same game and more figures - could we borrow their figures, put them on the portal, let them enter the game, and not have to buy more actual figures?

3. Are there any cheats or cracks or ways to trick the game into thinking the figures are there already in the game?

4. Are the figures specific to the console? Could I buy used figures from a wii or other console and use them on the 3ds portal?

Thanks in advance party people.

1. The usb cable is for hooking the portal up to the computer for the web game, it can also let you use the 3ds portal on the Wii.

2. They are not there for good. On the 3ds version, they are there until you talk to the guy to switch figures. So if you only used those figures until you no longer needed them you could borrow figures, but this wouldnt flow very well. On the console versions they are only there while on the portal.

3. No

4. You can buy any figures you want used, but if you only have the 3ds version you wont be able to reset them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...