Hacking Sky3ds+ with Luma3ds and patched game

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello, I have Luma3ds installed on my EUR new 3ds xl.
Own Sky3ds plus and played only EUR tittles, but few minutes ago swap microsd cards with GateWay to try USA games (if they work, bcs luma3ds make 3ds region free)
They work and after few scrolls I see translated 3DS ROM of Beyond the Labyrinth.
And it's work!

How? I read that sky use only encrypted dumps...
Here a question, why - how make other translated & patched roms work - is it possible convert eshop games?
Very interesting
Tested on other console and work too

Oh and is there a way enable region lock on 3ds? Interesting :D

Last edited by k7ra,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's because Luma CFW itself, not by Sky3DS+. Try the same on a non-hacked console and you'll see that's not possible the same on it

And about enable region lock (or disable region-free) on Luma CFW, you must dig in and modify its own source code and then recompile it with the corresponding changes by yourself, because region-free is an standard feature

Reactions: Nutez

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's because Luma CFW itself, not by Sky3DS+. Try the same on a non-hacked console and you'll see that's not possible the same on it

And about enable region lock (or disable region-free) on Luma CFW, you must dig in and modify its own source code and then recompile it with the corresponding changes by yourself, because region-free is an standard feature
I understand about region free.
But other patched roms that I try before with sky3ds+ mark itself as bad, but gateway read them all fine.
So, it's not only Luma3ds I guess

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I understand about region free.
But other patched roms that I try before with sky3ds+ mark itself as bad, but gateway read them all fine.
So, it's not only Luma3ds I guess
Did you load that games with the GW card? If yes, then you are loading the GW CFW, instead of Luma.

And it would be normal that GW loads patched games on that way, there's no really surprise

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Did you load that games with the GW card? If yes, then you are loading the GW CFW, instead of Luma.

And it would be normal that GW loads patched games on that way, there's no really surprise
I talk about Luma3ds + sky3ds+ chain
Ofc GW can load them
I interested in patched\undubed roms to use with sky3ds+ in luma3ds. Like I said Beyond the Labyrinth work, but other patched roms that I try not.
So I search why and how make them work

Last edited by k7ra,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I talk about Luma3ds + sky3ds+ chain
Ofc GW can load them
I interested in patched\undubed roms to use with sky3ds+ in luma3ds. Like I said Beyond the Labyrinth work, but other patched roms that I try not.
So I search why and how make them work
Well... Good luck with that!

Edit:
Have in account that all GW related source code is closed, and Sky3DS+ is intended to work on that way (to load only clean dumped backups). Then, to achieve that you want, you must apply pure and simple reverse engineering to both things, and then implement your discoveries about inside Luma CFW

Last edited by fmkid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169