Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys, so I was playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories from a USB. So everything was going fine until I got to a part where you enter a house and a shadow of a boy runs out of the house. Then my Wii Remote stopped working and my pointer wouldn't show on the screen or anything. Then I updated IOS249 to version 21 (it used to be version 17). Then, the game worked past that part for a short while. The next time I tried to go into a house, the screen said 'Loading' at the bottom and it got stuck there. So, I am guessing this is a problem with the cIOS.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Since it is a cIOS problem, can anyone who has played Shattered Memories without problems from a USB tell me which cIOS they used, and what version?

Thanks.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, so I was playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories from a USB. So everything was going fine until I got to a part where you enter a house and a shadow of a boy runs out of the house. Then my Wii Remote stopped working and my pointer wouldn't show on the screen or anything. Then I updated IOS249 to version 21 (it used to be version 17). Then, the game worked past that part for a short while. The next time I tried to go into a house, the screen said 'Loading' at the bottom and it got stuck there. So, I am guessing this is a problem with the cIOS.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Since it is a cIOS problem, can anyone who has played Shattered Memories without problems from a USB tell me which cIOS they used, and what version?

Thanks.
You could try installing cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad. You can download the wad for it from modmii and install it with a wad manager. Or you can get the installer from the d2x thread.

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok, I'll try that. I just tried d2x but with the IOS base 57. It had the same 'Loading' freeze as it happened after I updated to the latest official version 21 of IOS249, but I'll try this.
thanks.

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
That's what I thought at first, but then why did I get two different outcomes when I updated the IOS?

With the old version my Wii remote didn't work at that part, with the new cIOS I got stuck at Loading screen when I tried to open a door a little after that part.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It sounds more like a HDD spindown problem. Did you play many other games? Are you sure your HDD does not spin down after a few minutes?

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
It sounds more like a HDD spindown problem. Did you play many other games? Are you sure your HDD does not spin down after a few minutes?

Thanks for replying. No, it definitely isn't, I played the game for hours and it only freezes at that part and game and that part ONLY. I have the game saved up to a few minutes before that part and yes, it only freezes at that part.

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think it's a bad dump. Maybe that part is doing some funny things or what not. Maybe you should try another copy from a different source (never hurts to).

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh, I just love it when people only say that it's a bad dump and that they should redownload redump the game. They always seem to forget that you can verify your "dump" with Wiimms ISO Tools (or some other Backupmanager which I forgot the name of. CLI is more awesome anyway). So, why not try that first, and maybe save some time or an useless topic? Here, I'll even post the command:
wit verify

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!