mudrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi there!
I know this has been discussed plenty of times already, but I could not find a definite reply, and maybe some of what I write might be of help to other users. I tried to play the Italian version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) on the Wii using Wiiflow (though I guess that the loader doesn't matter), and it was just showing the Loading text with the animation on the three dots, forever. Then I did some search online, and found that it should work with cIOS base 57. It didn't: on the opposite, it didn't even get to that point, and the screen stayed just black, hanging the whole Wii.

Then I tried the USA version, and indeed that works with cIOS base 57. So, if you have problems playing the European version of CoD, it may be that you just have to download the USA version instead.

Still, does anyone have any idea on how to play the European version? I thought of trying the Hermes variant of the cIOS, but I couldn't find it anywhere (except for modmii, which I cannot use because it doesn't run on Linux)...

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you tried the latest USBLoader GX ?
At least 2 loaders is needed to release some loading issue frustrations.
I use a older version of GX, but if that fails, then I turn to ConfigUSB.
(For me) - Only a few (3 of 200+) games fail with the older GX, but if you're using a HDD or SSD with fat 32, then you should have less hassles.
Never got around to using SSD, but I'm a fan of the old WBFS partitions & micro sdxc cards (as Flash drives).

By European, I assume you mean Pal ? (Just making sure).
Does your original game play fine ?

Reactions: jeannotte

mudrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Have you tried the latest USBLoader GX ?
Mmm... no, I thought that the only thing that matters is the cIOS? Anyway, I guess that trying won't harm :)
Never got around to using SSD, but I'm a fan of the old WBFS partitions & micro sdxc cards (as Flash drives).
I have the game in WBFS format in a Flash drive (but the partition itself is FAT32, only the game file is WBFS).
By European, I assume you mean Pal ? (Just making sure).
Indeed.
Does your original game play fine ?
Uh, oh... I think I lost it 😜

change the cIOS. I don't remember to which one, but try each of them.
I tried all of them indeed. But I don't have the hermes ones, which I saw mentioned somewhere as being the recommended ones for CoD.

Anyway, thanks to you both, I've something to try now. :)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the game in WBFS format in a Flash drive (but the partition itself is FAT32, only the game file is WBFS)
.wbfs files & Fat32 on Flash drive ? I would look a little closer into that. I wouldn't say it's the friendliest of combos. Try the latest USBL-GX. There's meant to be better Flash drive compatibility.

mudrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks @morning_glory, it turns out that your suggestion to try USB Loader GX instead of WiiFlow was the right one: the game loads just fine, there's not even need to change the cIOS. :) I'll file a bug on WiiFlow then, maybe it's something they can fix.

And yes, I have the games installed on a USB flash stick formatted to NTFS (so that I don't have to split the game files), and both WiiFlow and USB Loader GX seem to work fine with this setup (apart for WiiFlow having issues with this specific game).

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Glad it's sorted. Enjoy to the fullest :)
I am surprised that you got your stuff working using NTFS.
That failed for me - Big time :(
Post automatically merged:

Oh, & don't thank me. Thank BlackB0x. It's been his baby lately :) Legend !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto