Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys, I did get a bigger SD card. Was a pain to get the second partition working. After endless tries its now working, but I can't open most of my games. So I did install the syspatch from your post, since I also did update Atmosphere and Hekate to the newest versions. Still not working. Im on 11.0.1. Do I have to update the system as well, or anybody an idea what went wrong?

It's for the better you update your firmware, then be sure of update all:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-and-nand-questions.612782/post-9835101

First at all MAKE A SYSNAND backup (you can use Hekate for that). then if you are using atmosphére, update on the next order:
  • remove any theme you have installed
  • turn off switch and put your SD on your PC
  • update hekate FROM GITHUB
  • update atmosphére FROM GITHUB, and if needed edit hekate_ipl.ini (fuse-secondary.bin file now is called package3)
  • update your payload injector to latest Hekate bin file.
  • make a copy of the SDMC:/atmosphere/contents folder on your PC and delete it from SD.
  • update your sigpatches. you can use the ones here on gbatemp (https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/) or github (itotaljustice)
  • install THE LATEST VERSION (from github) OF any sysmodule you use, Tesla, Mission Control, ftp-light, emuiibo, etc.
  • update any homebrew, if you use themes you need at least update nx-themeinstaller.
  • copy the latest firmware you want to update to sd card.
  • put your sd card on your switch turn on and use DAYBREAK to upgrade your switch.
  • reboot
  • reinstall your themes
  • test all your homebrew and update if needed.
  • reinstall any MODs and cheats for any game you use.
I am no kidding a SYSNAND backup is imperative you need a point to restore your switch if something goes wrong any time.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: Sturmkater

Sturmkater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm a bit afraid updating the Firmware, will I not create new problems? For example now I still can insert the old sd card and all game work. I just have problems with the newly created double the size sd card. If I update to 14.1.2 and insert the old sd card, will I not burn a fuse? And will I not have to update the original system as well to prevent the fuse thing?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm a bit afraid updating the Firmware, will I not create new problems? For example now I still can insert the old sd card and all game work. I just have problems with the newly created double the size sd card. If I update to 14.1.2 and insert the old sd card, will I not burn a fuse? And will I not have to update the original system as well to prevent the fuse thing?
Just update to the latest firmware and be done with it, there is no point keeping either sys or emuNAND at a low firmware, either you can exploit RCM because your unit is unpatched or you have a chip installed.
Be sure to read everything from here https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade
You can DM me here and I will share my Discord ID tag if you need more help (we can talk German there aswell).

DarkoTheProspect

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys. I'm real new to all this. 4 days in. I've bought a v1 switch, got an rcm loader and I THINK I have fully updated my machine with versions
Hb menu v3. 5.0
Nx-hbloader v2. 4.1
Hekate v5. 8.0
12.0.0 AMS 1.3.2
Created the ipl file, changed the bin folder on the loader myself,
I installed the latest sigpatches from this thread and I've installed many games which now work which is amazing HOWEVER I cannot get the one game I want to play to work haha. Klonoa. Its driving me mad, I've tried about 4 different dumps aswell to rule that out. I've now installed the deep sea package to see if it would help, no joy. Does anyone know if I'm missing something obvious? I appreciate any insight and whatever response I get I'll likely Google your terminology haha. Thanks troops.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm real new to all this. 4 days in. I've bought a v1 switch, got an rcm loader and I THINK I have fully updated my machine with versions
Hb menu v3. 5.0
Nx-hbloader v2. 4.1
Hekate v5. 8.0
12.0.0 AMS 1.3.2
Created the ipl file, changed the bin folder on the loader myself,
I installed the latest sigpatches from this thread and I've installed many games which now work which is amazing HOWEVER I cannot get the one game I want to play to work haha. Klonoa. Its driving me mad, I've tried about 4 different dumps aswell to rule that out. I've now installed the deep sea package to see if it would help, no joy. Does anyone know if I'm missing something obvious? I appreciate any insight and whatever response I get I'll likely Google your terminology haha. Thanks troops.

Try doing steps 1 and 2 from this (no need for 3) and then reboot.

Also, 12.0.0 isn‘t up to date, 14.1.2 is latest FW. Try grabbing firmware from that Darth Sternie Firmware site and using Daybreak.nro (comes w/ Atmosphere) to upgrade your emunand.

e: Search for Klonoa on this site http://nswdb.com/ and look at the Firmware column to see the lowest acceptable FW that will work.

91CB9E75-CF9E-492E-A409-679BDE27D0E9.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

John2568

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did latest firmware update and atmosphere and latest sigpatches from here. but few newer games dont run just crash other games work. i tried other source to get game but same thing. can someone lead to right direction. Youropa is one game that doesnt work just released few days ago. thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did latest firmware update and atmosphere and latest sigpatches from here. but few newer games dont run just crash other games work. i tried other source to get game but same thing. can someone lead to right direction. Youropa is one game that doesnt work just released few days ago. thanks

There’s a fantastic resource linked in the OP of this thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

Please run through those common issues and let’s see if those hopefully fix things for you!

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those unaware, firmware 15.0.0 just released yesterday.
Seems like it's finally time to put the scripts and programs to create the sigpatches (made by @mrdude and @dogcsty) to work once the Atmosphere update releases :D
I'm not sure if there's been a key change, usually there is when a firmware update goes up a full number like 14-15. So remember and update your keys. If there's any issues, it will just be a case of going to the wildcards database page and clicking on the update tab - if I need to upload an update.

EDIT: Just checked - yep there's been a key change so you will need to add key 0E, so wait for Atmosphere to update and lockpic_rcm (if that needs updated)
Files to patch are:

ES title found in 3c5b45438f9997e45fc4e3aae7560fc8.nca
FAT FS title found in 458c47209121b30e03919df68b995d55.nca
ExFAT FS title found in 6e82d184daa0089f501f12ddc1c52092.nca
NFIM title found in 11e4ed2f3436d7e86abe4ccfa6ac3825.nca

Keys to add to keys.dat:
key_area_key_application_0e =
package2_key_0e =

Last edited by mrdude,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks SciresM for all your work: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1946

And @mrdude that's is cool, when new keys available will test the programs.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure if there's been a key change, usually there is when a firmware update goes up a full number like 14-15. So remember and update your keys. If there's any issues, it will just be a case of going to the wildcards database page and clicking on the update tab - if I need to upload an update.

EDIT: Just checked - yep there's been a key change so you will need to add key 0E, so wait for Atmosphere to update and lockpic_rcm (if that needs updated)
Files to patch are:

Keys to add to keys.dat:
package2_key_0e =
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/4.0.1-hotfix3

Files to patch are:

Keys to add to keys.dat:
package2_key_0e =
I should doing something wrong ;( for ES2, FS and NFIM patches get this error:

ES2
Wildcard search pattern3 found at offset: 0x00005AD8
Possible patch3 offset location: 0x00005AD4
Hex search pattern 2 was not found :-(
Wildcard search pattern1 found at offset: 0x00042328
Possible patch1 offset location: 0x00042324

FS
Searching for fat ips patches
Hex search pattern 1 was not found :-(

Searching for exfat ips patches
Hex search pattern 1 was not found :-(

NFIM
Trying to get the Build ID for the ips patch
Build ID: CENSOREDHEXNUMBER:D

Hex search pattern was not found :-(
Couldn't find patch offsets so NFIM ips patch was not written

but for ES the IPS files are generated ;( :
Wildcard search pattern found at offset: 0x00064AEA
Probable patch offset location: 0x00064AEC

PS. I am using the keys generated by https://github.com/dezem/Lockpick_RCM/releases

Last edited by impeeza,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Have some patience dude, Atmosphere isn't even released yet. I already have patch offsets for es and nfim and have updated the program + the wildcards, I just need to find the fs ones and I'm done, but I won't release or update my github until Atmosphere is released and I have tested. Quite a bit is different now compared to the previous firmwares and it takes time to trace the offsets.

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish