Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well idk wtf nfirms are, but i got some and they work fine for me!
You got some, but for each new firmware you need a new one. The one for 15.0.0 is not in there. It should be A188828ADF447425D97901462EBF732D2E29BC4E.ips in the folder atmosphere\exefs_patches\nfim_ctest.

You have added the types of patches and what they do now, great work :)

So far only tinfoil won't run. The rest all seems to work.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got some, but for each new firmware you need a new one. The one for 15.0.0 is not in there. It should be A188828ADF447425D97901462EBF732D2E29BC4E.ips in the folder atmosphere\exefs_patches\nfim_ctest.

You have added the types of patches and what they do now, great work :)

So far only tinfoil won't run. The rest all seems to work.

well someone needs to call tinfoil and tell them to get on it.

Reactions: impeeza

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I think Blawar is aware.
It could be down to the loader patches though because they allow nsp forwarders to run. There's no point updating firmware until everything is checked and patches are verified. Some people need to have some patience and wait for a while until devs get a chance to test stuff, make patches etc - believe it or not they do have lives and other things going on in them outside of switch stuff....

EDIT, well it's not the loader patch as I tested it with package 3 in fw14.0.2, and then in fw15.0. It works with the latest Atmosphere in 14.02, but updating FW to15.0.0 causes the crash - so package3 is patched correctly.

Last edited by mrdude,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK I finaly found out that I can boot emunand on fw15, but not via hekate using the fusee.bin to load via hekate menu, but by using hekate_ipl.ini file instead. Is anyone else having that issue?
Hekate won't let me do anything in the menu at the moment. Only autoboot prolly using hekate-ipl works.
Post automatically merged:

It could be down to the loader patches though because they allow nsp forwarders to run. There's no point updating firmware until everything is checked and patches are verified. Some people need to have some patience and wait for a while until devs get a chance to test stuff, make patches etc - believe it or not they do have lives and other things going on in them outside of switch stuff....
Yeah the patches from the given source are not complete and maybe the fs patches are not correct. Not sure if other stuff which need fs patches work though. I don't have anything else installed that need them.

For some reason Hekate does not accept touch input anymore which is weird since it started doing that after I updated my emummc and it did still work when I updated my sysnand. This doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by jaysea,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hekate won't let me do anything in the menu at the moment. Only autoboot prolly using hekate-ipl works.

Yeah the patches from the given source are not complete and maybe the fs patches are not correct. Not sure if other stuff which need fs patches work though. I don't have anything else installed that need them.

For some reason Hekate does not accept touch input anymore which is weird since it started doing that after I updated my emummc and it did still work when I updated my sysnand. This doesn't make any sense.
In hekate_ipl.ini this works:
Code:
[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nogc
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp

in previous firmwares if you had "kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk" in the emuMMC section the switch would boot the emunand - now it doesn't with the latest update.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In hekate_ipl.ini this works:
Code:
[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nogc
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp

in previous firmwares if you had "kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk" in the emuMMC section the switch would boot the emunand - now it doesn't with the latest update.
Can't check now since hekate seems to crash directly after started. But you mean nosigchk doesn't work?

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does your touch input work in hekate?

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
fss0experimental=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

This is what I autoboot and that works

Last edited by jaysea,
Reactions: Theone5000

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is weird since it did work the first time in 5.9.0, but thanks. Didn't see that issue there even when I really looked for it

The fix worked. After booting 5.9.0 with the fixed nyx.bin I thik the console (or controller) gave some feedback :)

Hekate is working now again and I can confirm that I can succesfully boot emummc with this from hekate-ipl:
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
fss0experimental=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Also this works:
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere EmuMMC]
payload=fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp

Last edited by jaysea,

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm pretty sure the fs patches on that site are wrong and that's why nro forwarding (and tinfoil) is broken. ES/Loader and NFIM look fine though.
FS patches are fine. Tinfoil launches with the sigmapatches, other homebrew NSPs work, and so do installed gamecard dumps. The black screen issue after Tinfoil launches is also present in the applet NRO version, which does not need any patches to run.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
FS patches are fine. Tinfoil launches with the sigmapatches, other homebrew NSPs work, and so do installed gamecard dumps. The black screen issue after Tinfoil launches is also present in the applet NRO version, which does not need any patches to run.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong. And here's why:

Fat Sha256: D0D4491814B562AF61ABD52E4BF0989405AF741A5C7C033AB3EB0EC8680AD98F
Exfat Sha256: 34C0D9ED6AD1873DCD02F1C12AFA20546D033EFB1D8EB9B7A8E5ABAB71F39F43

fat -
patch 1 = offset: 06ECA4, patch: E0 03 1F 2A (mov w0, wzr)
patch 2 = offset: 12BE7C, patch: 1F 20 03 D5 (nop)
zZeDdQE.png

exfat -
patch 1 = offset: 06ECA4 , patch: E0 03 1F 2A (mov w0, wzr)
patch 2 = offset: 12BE7C , patch: 1F 20 03 D5 (nop)
Hyo1olO.png

Look at the routine difference between patch 2 on fat and exfat - they are totally different so one of the offsets is wrong. Both functions should look the exact same. Patch locations are highlighted in red.

If the exfat patches are correct, well the correct offset for fat patch 2 should be - 0x120EEC and if the fat patches are correct, well then the offset in the exfat patch 2 is wrong and shouldbe 0x136E0C - so either both ips patches are wrong or one of them is wrong.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol