Gaming shovel knight!!

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i am wondering how many people, picked this title up off the nintendo eshop. From what i have played its a great title, with a lot of its inspiration drawn from games like mega man and mario. down below i will be rating the game on what it has to offer, so lets begin.

music: 10/10 - the music in shovel knight, is very 8 bit and for that it does it's job well. the music was composed and played by the same artist who did the music for mega man, and its a pleasure to the ears to listen to.

Graphics 9.0/10: technically speaking this game, is beautiful to look out. The art style is pleasing to the eyes, and the character designs while very retro are very well done. even if you're not a fan of 8 bit you would be hard to find a complaint with the art direction of shovel knight.

game play: 9.5/ 10 The game play of shovel knight, is very steady and very pleasing. The game gives you a great starting level to learn your skills, and the levels are very well designed. For a game that offers the same level designs of a nds game its done very well for a modern game, yacht club games i salute you.

difficulty 7/10 or 9/10: this is where the review gets a little interesting, the difficulty of shovel knight can either be really easy for you, or give you a welcome challenge that could make you want to call in your best friend who is a video game guru to help you out. However while the game does have a challenge to it, the game is not at all unfair. Even when suffering a death, i often thought it was my fault instead of the game being a dick. which is why this game, gets two different scores some people will like it some will hate it.

re playability 10/10: after beating shovel knight for the first time, you're not any where near done depending on how you played. You might have to make a second run through the game, to collect everything you may have missed. The game offers feats (this games achievements) and other fun things to find, theres even a new game plus option where the game becomes that much harder because everything hits you for double damage. also there are secrets to find, that more often then not you might over look, during your first run through of the levels of the game. Also depending on what version of the game you get, the get a special feature only in that game. Also thanks to all the pledges they received, yacht club games is working on new features to the game to be added at a later date. Such as boss rush mode, and of course gender swap mode.

all in all yacht club games did a great job, the game play is steady the graphics are beautiful and the bosses are fun. if there is one game you should pick up this year its the one and only shovel knight. So what are you waiting for? Go check it out on the eshop right now its only 14.99

STEADY THY SHOVEL!!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Giving it a 10/10? This reviewer was paid by the company. lol jk

I'm planning on getting this game for the Wii U but it's only available in digital format.. I guess I'll suck it up for once but unlike the 360 on the Wii U I can't copy the game to the PC (the files) just I'd want to burn it to a DVD for the purpose of putting it on my shelf.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't know i'm sorry osiris, i was just really excited to get my thoughts in v.v
You shouldn't be or feel sorry for making a post or thread. If you have a thought, share it. Don't worry about these fascists dictating how you should or shouldn't post. And if you happen to say or share anything too awesome for mods to handle, then hey, accounts are always free.

Reactions: Mylink5

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ this made my day considering its been bothersome, either way its great people took a look at this review and are thinking of picking up the game sometime in the future if they haven't already. I hope everyone will enjoy this, as much as i did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: