Hacking Should I use a specific HDD for internal use ?

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on a Slim PS3 with CFW installed...I want to transfer my game ISOs to the console's internal HDD...

I am looking at a 1TB 2.5" drive...

Do all 1TB 2.5" drives work ? Does it matter if the drive is Seagate, Toshiba or WD ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't really matter as long as it's 9.5mm high. it won't fit if it's larger unless you remove the caddie, which you probably wouldn't want to do.

modsbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One consideration is an SSHD. These are hard drives that have an SSD-like cache in them. Basically the most frequently used content gets automatically cached to a small SSD, making load times for the same level or similar content decrease quite a lot.

The Seagate Firecuda drives are these and offer way better load times, which are *really* hard to take on PS3 after you game on a PS5 or XSX at all.

Looks like the 2TB Firecuda variant (which is what I have) is unfortunately quite expensive. If you care about this it may make more sense to get a cheap 1TB SSD instead depending on how many games you are playing at any given time. An SSD would probably massively improve install times for PS3 games, which are also awful. Maybe find some benchmarks and see what works best for your budget?

Here's an old video of the Firecuda load times comparison. It's pretty wild.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One consideration is an SSHD. These are hard drives that have an SSD-like cache in them. Basically the most frequently used content gets automatically cached to a small SSD, making load times for the same level or similar content decrease quite a lot.

The Seagate Firecuda drives are these and offer way better load times, which are *really* hard to take on PS3 after you game on a PS5 or XSX at all.

Looks like the 2TB Firecuda variant (which is what I have) is unfortunately quite expensive. If you care about this it may make more sense to get a cheap 1TB SSD instead depending on how many games you are playing at any given time. An SSD would probably massively improve install times for PS3 games, which are also awful. Maybe find some benchmarks and see what works best for your budget?

Here's an old video of the Firecuda load times comparison. It's pretty wild.
PS5 is wild on loading time. SSD will not improve loading times much because its sata but it will run much cooler and PS3 likes that. You only need 500gb really 1 tb is killing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)