Hardware Should I sell my laptop and...

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read the first post and yeah, sorry for trying to help u -_-

To be fair, bro, you came into a thread where a user was asking which laptop to get, didn't read the first post, and then proceeded to ignore the topic entirely and talk about how gaming laptops are dumb (paraphrasing a bit, but yeah).

Gaming laptops are expensive, but not useless, especially in the case OP is describing. Please stay on topic.

Reactions: the_randomizer

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now I feel like a dick for snapping at you :(

Anyway, I have my reasons, even if they are ridiculous :P Just helluva lot more convenient when moving around :D

I felt offended, won't lie :P but its ok lol

Btw if you want to get more info about Laptops you should go to Game Debate.
They have a forum there and lots of people who know A LOT about them.

And u can check each component of the PC there too, how much its strong and how would it work on them(Premium account gives u how much FPS ur gonna get iirc).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt offended, won't lie :P but its ok lol

Btw if you want to get more info about Laptops you should go to Game Debate.
They have a forum there and lots of people who know A LOT about them.

And u can check each component of the PC there too, how much its strong and how would it work on them(Premium account gives u how much FPS ur gonna get iirc).

I'm just going to move on and leave the past in the past and not let it bother me :P Never heard of that place :D

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
To be fair, bro, you came into a thread where a user was asking which laptop to get, didn't read the first post, and then proceeded to ignore the topic entirely and talk about how gaming laptops are dumb (paraphrasing a bit, but yeah).

Gaming laptops are expensive, but not useless, especially in the case OP is describing. Please stay on topic.

It may look like that but that wasn't my intention.
I'm Sorry if that offended u or anyone else who was reading it.
And i haven't forced him to get a PC nor anything, just wanted to say that PCs are better and cheaper than Laptops.

I don't want to keep this going in the topic, like u said lets say on topic.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may look like that but that wasn't my intention.
I'm Sorry if that offended u or anyone else who was reading it.
And i haven't forced him to get a PC nor anything, just wanted to say that PCs are better and cheaper than Laptops.

I don't want to keep this going in the topic, like u said lets say on topic.

Fair enough, shit happens :P I just want the convenience moving around while my desktop stays in my room :D

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki PityOnU

Okay, in bit of a pickle. So some dude saw my ad on Craigslist and wants to pay me $700 plus the shipping costs, which I honestly did not expect someone to say. Here's the kicker, he wants to put the money into my PayPal. Should I ask him to put it in before I ship it out?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki PityOnU

Okay, in bit of a pickle. So some dude saw my ad on Craigslist and wants to pay me $700 plus the shipping costs, which I honestly did not expect someone to say. Here's the kicker, he wants to put the money into my PayPal. Should I ask him to put it in before I ship it out?

Don't take Paypal on craigslist. Thats' a big no no.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take Paypal on craigslist. Thats' a big no no.

So what do you suggest? I mean the amount he wants to pay is very generous. I suppose I can ask if he can't send a money order instead, as that would be quicker and safer IMHO. I mean after all, I didn't mention PayPal in the ad. PayPal is sketchy to me, is it even possible to get money online without having to wait twenty days to process it?

Then I'd definitely go for asking him to deposit it first. If he gives some sort of excuse, then don't sell it to him.

How would one go about, just have him transfer the money from his checking into mine somehow? If I can get the money first, then I can ship it out? Should I ask him if he can deposit it firsthand? I'll ask him if he can do that.

Edit: Sent email asking him about depositing without using PayPal. I don't want to get screwed over ;)

Reactions: calmwaters

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Craigslist rule is to accept cash only, period. Don't accept money orders if they come in. Local deliveries are much safer, especially for goods like a computer. You will most likely want to (in the case of successful transaction) meet in a public location of your choosing, and have a friend lurk in the background as a safety precaution.

Reactions: calmwaters

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Craigslist rule is to accept cash only, period. Don't accept money orders if they come in. Local deliveries are much safer, especially for goods like a computer. You will most likely want to (in the case of successful transaction) meet in a public location of your choosing, and have a friend lurk in the background as a safety precaution.

Damn, turns out the dude has a 757 area code, which is in Virginia, and I live in Utah, how the hell did he not see that? I would rather meet in a public place, like a nearby park or my apartment complex, but damn, that sucks. I guess I'll never be able to sell this, much less for the generous $700 he offered :( I should change my ad to say cash only, but should I also mention that I need to meet with said buyer too?

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, turns out the dude has a 757 area code, which is in Virginia, and I live in Utah, how the hell did he not see that? I would rather meet in a public place, like a nearby park or my apartment complex, but damn, that sucks. I guess I'll never be able to sell this, much less for the generous $700 he offered :( I should change my ad to say cash only, but should I also mention that I need to meet with said buyer too?

Yeah, you should. You might find someone closer who'll pay that. :)

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you should. You might find someone closer who'll pay that. :)

Ah bugger, I feel like a fool for having replied to this Virginian dude. I didn't officially agree to anything, what about specifying meeting with people in the city/general area I live in? I should probably delete the ad I made on GBA temp too.

Edit: Changed to say cash only.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, you very well should. And not to be that guy, but $700 for that laptop is far too much, and if it seems like too good a deal, it usually is.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you very well should. And not to be that guy, but $700 for that laptop is far too much, and if it seems like too good a deal, it usually is.

Then how much would you suggest I sell it for (esp. if I throw in the laptop cooler)? I've seen people that sell it at this price on Amazon and eBay, and they were used, but like new. The thing is, I was hoping to sell this for X amount, and then pay for the new laptop, but without having to pay a huge difference if that makes any sense.

Ugh, what the hell's wrong with me? :(

I was a fool for thinking I could ever sell this, or for making a thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up