the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calmwaters Ryukouki

Oh my heck, he actually had the balls to reply to me and said in an email "PayPal is %100 safe and just log on to www.PayPal.com and create an account now.It secures the buyer and seller from fraudulent act....i have been using PayPal for the past four years and i had no problem with them...okay get back to me with your PayPal email address as soon as you create the account so that i can pay you now."

Seems legit.:rofl2: Sure, just let me give out my PayPal like that :creep:

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it does. I'd wait to get Ryu's opinion too. He'll agree with me I think. I'm new to this "selling on the internet" thing, so yeah.

I call BS, I'm getting some very bad vibes from that message. I'll wait to see what he says too. If I got the money instantly and was guaranteed to not get screwed over, then maybe, but even then, I can't trust him as far as I can throw a football ;) I feel so dirty having read that, it just seems too off to be legit.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call BS, I'm getting some very bad vibes from that message. I'll wait to see what he says too. If I got the money instantly and was guaranteed to not get screwed over, then maybe, but even then, I can't trust him as far as I can throw a football ;) I feel so dirty having read that, it just seems too off to be legit.

You can do it, sure, but kiss your money goodbye as I am almost positive that link will lead to bad news. Number one protocol, you type the actual address into your navigation bar.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do it, sure, but kiss your money goodbye as I am almost positive that link will lead to bad news. Number one protocol, you type the actual address into your navigation bar.

Exactly. No way in hell am I going to respond back, I refuse to, as the actual PayPal homepage is https://www.paypal.com/home not what he gave me. I know he's screwing me over, I just thought it was hilarious that this dude has the audacity to pull this BS off :rofl2: Too bad, I'm going either cash only on CL and/or the GBA Temp ad on here, whichever comes first, but PayPal on Craigslist? Really? What a troll.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on the email situation :P

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. No way in hell am I going to respond back, I refuse to, as the actual PayPal homepage is https://www.paypal.com/home not what he gave me. I know he's screwing me over, I just thought it was hilarious that this dude has the audacity to pull this BS off :rofl2: Too bad, I'm going either cash only on CL and/or the GBA Temp ad on here, whichever comes first, but PayPal on Craigslist? Really? What a troll.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on the email situation :P

Umm... you were willing to try Paypal on craigslist a few hours ago, LOL, until I stopped you. ._. You can technically use paypal.com, and get there, but whenever someone gives you a link, do not click it.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... you were willing to try Paypal on craigslist a few hours ago, LOL, until I stopped you. ._. You can technically use paypal.com, and get there, but whenever someone gives you a link, do not click it.

No, I would never click on the link or any dubious crap like that, and it's weird to use PayPal on a Craigslist ad IMHO. The only time I'll use it is if someone wants to buy my laptop on here and with Craigslist will be cash only and if I can actually meet the buyer. The dude said he wants to buy this for his girlfriend's birthday. My only major concern aside from getting gypped is the possibility of getting a fake address from the guy, shipping it out and have it end up not getting there, and no long have the money. So yeah, and I'm glad you stopped me from using it on this guy because this smells rotten. Plus, I don't know how long it would take to show up in my bank account with doing it via CL. Isn't PayPal a violation of their rules?

*Shudder*

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I would never click on the link or any dubious crap like that, and it's weird to use PayPal on a Craigslist ad IMHO. The only time I'll use it is if someone wants to buy my laptop on here and with Craigslist will be cash only and if I can actually meet the buyer. The dude said he wants to buy this for his girlfriend's birthday. My only major concern aside from getting gypped is the possibility of getting a fake address from the guy, shipping it out and have it end up not getting there, and no long have the money. So yeah, and I'm glad you stopped me from using it on this guy because this smells rotten. Plus, I don't know how long it would take to show up in my bank account with doing it via CL. Isn't PayPal a violation of their rules?

*Shudder*

Oh, yeah, that's a scam for sure. If he says he wants to buy it for his girlfriend, what he's gonna do is give you an obscure address. Luckily, I google all my addresses before I ship, and of course, the location he sent me was not a residential as he claimed, but an overseas shipping outlet. Know that in this particular route, if you decide to ship for whatever reason, you are only covered for one fare, which is to the shipping outlet, and if it arrives to his actual destination overseas all he has to do is cry murder and he gets his money back, a free laptop, and you're fucked. It almost happened to me, but I labelled the package incorrectly so it got sent home to me.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yeah, that's a scam for sure. If he says he wants to buy it for his girlfriend, what he's gonna do is give you an obscure address. Luckily, I google all my addresses before I ship, and of course, the location he sent me was not a residential as he claimed, but an overseas shipping outlet. Know that in this particular route, if you decide to ship for whatever reason, you are only covered for one fare, which is to the shipping outlet, and if it arrives to his actual destination overseas all he has to do is cry murder and he gets his money back, a free laptop, and you're fucked. It almost happened to me, but I labelled the package incorrectly so it got sent home to me.

Yeah, not a chance in hell. I'll keep my ad on both places, accept PayPal on the Temp, and cash on Craigslist; I'd be out ~$650 or so and yeah, that would suck big time. I know this sounds rude, but, I'm under no obligation to dignify that email with a response, and if he insists, tough shit, I won't do it. :creep: Yeah, he seems innocuous on the outside, you know, like seeing a rattle snake from a safe distance, but if you provoke it, you'll be bitten (i.e. regret will rear its ugly head if I follow this path).
Thank you both for confirming this with me, I knew it was too good to be true, I'm sure someone will contact me who lives in the general area :D If not there, then here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.