Should I buy a PSP or Dingoo?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Bree500 said:
xist said:
It means that it takes about 5 seconds to initialise. I use that by choice on my Go rather than a permanent version so it's nothing to worry about.

RoMee knows what he's talking about so just do as he says...

Its not big deal for me, i can purchase a psp go or psp 1000, i don't want want to have limitations on a device if they cost the same price. So explanation on temporary and permanent would be great.

I am thinking about long term here as to what psp to get.
Cross that bridge when you get to it. Go ahead and try out 6.39 PRO and see if you like it(read my prev post). You can take the system back if you don't.

This installation is very quick and easy.(and reversable)

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if i turn off the psp for two weeks. Will the emulators be there in two weeks. I am still not clear on the turn on and turn off 5 second, deal.

This is exactly what the mod store told me, something in regards that you can play the emulator once with the 3000 model, once you shut off the psp, all the emulators, games are gone. if that's the case, i am throwing this in the garbage can or i will give it away.

Snailface

Trophies
XP
Bree500 said:
What if i turn off the psp for two weeks. Will the emulators be there in two weeks. I am still not clear on the turn on and turn off 5 second, deal.

This is exactly what the mod store told me, something in regards that you can play the emulator once with the 3000 model, once you shut off the psp, all the emulators, games are gone. if that's the case, i am throwing this in the garbage can or i will give it away.
That guy is a moron or a liar.

Everything will still be there as far as emulators and game files if the hack turns off with the system power. The restart thing is only if the system is completely turned off. You simply rerun a certain file and the hack is magically back. Just try it. It's the best way to learn.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fund it funny how wrong they are.
you don't lose your homebrew, they basically become "locked." when you restart your psp.
you try to launch them and (if they're not signed) they give you an error saying they can't start.
the fast recovery (think, recovering back to 'unlocked mode') is what you need to do to unlock all your homebrew.

since you'll hardly ever completely power off your PSP (putting it to sleep is doesn't count as restarting it), your homebrew won't become locked, and when they do it only takes about 8-10 second to unlock them.

with a permanent hack, you never have to worry about the hack resetting. but it really isn't that big of a deal.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:

That guy does not know what he's talking about.

here an easy way to put it:

where you turn off the psp it goes back to OFW...kinda like turning CFW off

when you run fast recovery, you turn on your CFW, everything will be the same where you left it.

Like snailface said try it and you'll see how wrong that guys is

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys for all your input. I am gonna have to think this through. I think i am leaning toward a psp go or psp 1000.

My plan was to eventually give this as a gift to a little kid, someone in our family, once i figured out all the emulation. But what i didn't want was anything difficult for a kid to figure out if this was gonna be a temporary hack.

Snailface

Trophies
XP
jalaneme said:
emigre said:
They're wrong. Every PSP is hackable.

it's not permanent though, once you turn off the go or 3000 model you have to reinstall again, get a 1000 or 2000 model and the hack stays there forever.
wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

Reinstall implies going through the entire initial setup again. All you have to do to restore the hack is press a single effing button. Don't try to scare Bree off.

Bree, please listen to the common sense here and give that shiny new PSP a chance. Buying an older PSP could introduce more headaches that aren't worth that silly permanent hack. I have a temped hacked PSP3000 and a perm-hacked go and the perm hacked system is no better.

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i will give it a try. What do i need to download to get started? I need emulators for nes, snes and sega genesis. The games i have.

Snailface

Trophies
XP
Bree500 said:
ok, i will give it a try. What do i need to download to get started? I need emulators for nes, snes and sega genesis. The games i have.
Do this first then the emulation stuff. (this is from rydian's guide)
use PRO b8 when it says "PRO b7"
QUOTEIf you are not yet on 6.39...

Download 6.39 official firmware (for PSP 100X/200X/300X) or (for PSP Go).
http://filetrip.net/f25265-Sony-Official-U...mware-6-39.html
Place the UPDATE folder into /PSP/GAME/ on your memory stick (or the Go's internal storage).
Run the 6.39 update on your PSP and allow it to install.

Now to install the hack!

Download 6.39 PRO-B7
http://filetrip.net/f25616-SIGNED-6-39-PRO-B8.html
Copy the 639PROUpdate and 639FastRecovery folders to /PSP/GAME/ on your memory stick (or Go's internal storage).
Run 6.39 PRO-B Updater on your PSP, and press X to install.
Your PSP should restart into hacked mode. This will last until your PSP is shut fully off (sleep mode is okay). To hack it again quickly, run the Fast Recovery to get back into 6.39 PRO.

When you're done, you can delete the update off of your memory stick, since the hack is stored on the PSP itself and you only need to keep the fast recovery to re-activate it when needed.

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Bree500 said:
what do you mean temporary, what does that mean?
Just means that the hack turns off when you turn your PSP off. The PSP has excellent battery life in Standby mode so this is a moot point.

If you do turn off your PSP, it only take 15 seconds to turn the hack back on again.

Go ahead and update your PSP to 6.39.
Then install this: http://filetrip.net/f25616-SIGNED-6-39-PRO-B8.html

I downloaded this file. What folder do i put this in on the PSP?

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snail helped me last night. We installed the emulators and it was getting late, so we didnt finish. NES emulator NesterJ won't open, it says the game can't open, the data is corrupted.

I used the same nes roms that i use to play for my pc, but snail said those won't work, so i used nes roms made for psp. The roms are in unzipped winrar, do i need to zipped the roms?

SNES emulator, i don't see a picture of the snes emulator on the psp yet. It maybe one of the corruped files that has no name.

sega genesis emulator, the emulator opens, but the load new rom to upload the game roms won't open.

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used a different snes emulator and its picture emulator is showing this time, but the game won't load, it says game can't open, data is corrupted.

penly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super clear and bright screen. The controls are pretty good and I have big hands. Runs emulators and movies superbly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm half way at my savings for a new move