Should I buy a PSP or Dingoo?

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks everyone for all your help. I thought my psp 3000 was useless and i was planning to get an older model just to be able to play emulated games.

I am gonna leave right now to purchase the cable to connect my psp to the computer. Will be back in a few hours.

thanks again

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:
Nathan Drake said:
@OP That's old news that you have there. There are hacks all the way up through 6.39 firmware now for every model of PSP available.

I was told this by many gaming stores who do mods and people here locally.
I just got my Go!

It took me less than 5mins as my firmware was under 6.2. (This is the permanent hack 6.20 PRO-B8). It took another 2 hours and I had CPS1, 2 and MVS installed with complete ROM sets. I am about to try the latest builds of DaedalusX64 (N64) and gbSP (GBA)
Everything works great.

Edit: I tried CPS3 with street fighter III ROM. It worked but had no sound and was painfully slow. I hope they get this one working properly some day.

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i go the cable, now i can get started. I downloaded the module checker and installed it on the sony memory stick pro.

It says no games found when i open memory stick pro memory card. How do i open this file to run module checker?

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i make a folder named ms0:PSP/GAME/ Module checker ????????????????? where is this folder located? I have a brand new sony pro stick card that i just purchased and there is nothing inside of it, its empty. I haven't downloaded anything on it yet, except module checker.

Does the sony pro stick due need to be formatted before i get started?

I just looked at the video you posted, the guy says put this file into psp, game folder, etc, i don't have anything in my memory stick pro, so i don't see the files he is mentioning.. The only file that i see in there is MCHECKER file and inside of that is Eboot.pbp

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are files missing. The guy in the youtube video does not mention what other files he has already downloaded before adding module checker. I only have module checker so far.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:
Do i make a folder named ms0:PSP/GAME/ Module checker ????????????????? where is this folder located? I have a brand new sony pro stick card that i just purchased and there is nothing inside of it, its empty. I haven't downloaded anything on it yet, except module checker.

Does the sony pro stick due need to be formatted before i get started?

I just looked at the video you posted, the guy says put this file into psp, game folder, etc, i don't have anything in my memory stick pro, so i don't see the files he is mentioning.. The only file that i see in there is MCHECKER file and inside of that is Eboot.pbp

format the memory stick using the psp
after format you should have those folders

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you format using psp, i have never done this before, if you are giving instructions, don't assume i know how to do this.

This is my time ever doing this.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
go to system settings in your psp
than scroll down to format memory stick and click it
follow instructions and you should be done

[youtube]XWFdO2ROUks[/youtube]

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
And again..

What firmware is your PSP currently on? Settings Menu, System Information

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:
i got it. It says this PSP's Module is 09g. Thanks.

Now what do I do?

you won't be able to do a permanent hack, but the temporary hack should work just fine
and don't worry there's no difference between the two, the only difference is one is temporary and the other a permanent

just run fast recovery when you start up your psp, it takes like 5 sec

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It means that it takes about 5 seconds to initialise. I use that by choice on my Go rather than a permanent version so it's nothing to worry about.

RoMee knows what he's talking about so just do as he says...

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Bree500 said:
what do you mean temporary, what does that mean?
Just means that the hack turns off when you turn your PSP off. The PSP has excellent battery life in Standby mode so this is a moot point.

If you do turn off your PSP, it only take 15 seconds to turn the hack back on again.

Go ahead and update your PSP to 6.39.
Then install this: http://filetrip.net/f25616-SIGNED-6-39-PRO-B8.html

Bree500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
It means that it takes about 5 seconds to initialise. I use that by choice on my Go rather than a permanent version so it's nothing to worry about.

RoMee knows what he's talking about so just do as he says...

Its not big deal for me, i can purchase a psp go or psp 1000, i don't want want to have limitations on a device if they cost the same price. So explanation on temporary and permanent would be great.

I am thinking about long term here as to what psp to get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?