Hacking should i buy a ds lite or a new psp?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay a few things about the psp versus ds. The psp slim has double the memory of the psp phat;(64 MegaBytes of both ram and rom). The original psp phat only had 32 MegaBytes. The psp has a very powerfull processor compared to the ds and can easily run emulators and 3d games. Something the ds isn't very usefull for. The ds on the contrary has a touch screen so you can play some games on it that you couldn't play on a psp. As well as the certain nintendo specific games. The game boy ds is great at 2d games and very lmiited 3d games mainly due to not much memory ;(12 MegaBytes). With slot2 ram expansion pack you could add 32 MegaBytes of memory, but the 3d hardware is still very limited as well as the main processor. So it really depends on what you want. If you want a fast powerfull system capable of playing 3d games and emulators very well get the psp. If on the other hand mostly 2d gameboy type games are what you like go for the ds.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I believe a lot of people said this, but wait until E3 ends.
There could be a price drop on either one, or second-hands would get cheaper if next-gen handheld is announced. Also possibility of a new design.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a gaming preference really. What do you prefer- what the DS has or what the PSP has? I once had two DS's, so I traded one for a PSP, modded it, and had a 4GB Pro Duo card... Eventually, the PSP was only used as an mp3 player (and FFVII:CC didn't appeal to me).

I recently sold the PSP and bought a new DS so my fiancee could have my ole one. (She keeps hogging it)

Though, I've yet to open the DS in case a new DS model is released at E3 and then I'll return it.
ohmy.gif
(bought it a week ago).

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i bought the ds lite today. i got the guitar hero special edition. it looks really nice but im afraid of damaging the screens and stuff. should i get the hori screen protector? or will it damage my screen more? i heard that screen protectors damage the screen or something like that.

twinkleface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ds lite.. i don't know some people underestimate the power of the ds.. whenever we go to the games section inside malls, sales people always ask us "PSP ma'am, PSP sir" not knowing there are other handheld consoles in the market.. well anyway, that's my opinion..
happy.gif

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twinkleface wat are u talking about? ds has been outselling psps since forever. the ds is more common than the psp. i bought a hori 5 pack screen protector that protects just about all of the ds. i think i made the right choice getting the ds first. ill get the new psp after i save up my allowance again i guess.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triple-sevenz said:
twinkleface wat are u talking about? ds has been outselling psps since forever. the ds is more common than the psp. i bought a hori 5 pack screen protector that protects just about all of the ds. i think i made the right choice getting the ds first. ill get the new psp after i save up my allowance again i guess.
for the last several months in japan and here as well the psp has been selling a lot more ds's (weekly sales)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
triple-sevenz said:
for the last several months in japan and here as well the psp has been selling a lot more ds's (weekly sales)
Correct. Since the mid January, the PSP has been outselling the DSLs until now.

However, the monster hunter crazy has died down, and the DS is regaining it's position back, but the Psp is still outselling the DS.

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was talking about usa. i doubt that psp sales would beat ds sales here when monster hunter 2g comes out in english lol. to tell the truth, i kinda wished the psp would do better than ds cause i like it more than ds (althought i just got a ds 2 days ago). btw im looking for a ds case. like the ones u can put skins under neath it. anyone kno what they are called? i think they were made my madcatz.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
triple-sevenz said:
what is the newest ds lite model that has the least problems?

Usually the White Ds Lite is the one that gets cracks and etc, since it is the Launch DS, but it might have changed over the years. Any other color is cool, but the choice is up to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work