ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, ill try to be as clear as possible with my issue right here,

I just got a brand new PSTV, used Henkaku DNS in order to get 3.60, now its sitting on 3.60 with Henkaku enable.

Here is where the problem relies;

the PSTV can mount the USB as usx0:, so, i realized that if you install something before mounting the USB as usx0:, it is installed into the internal memory, and once the USB is mounted the programs installed on the Internal Memory stop working until a restart or dismounting USB as usx0.

I installed ePSP bubble creator + Adrenaline easy installer, and everything worked right away, so i decide to uninstall them and delete the folders they created on usx0, in order to install them on USB as usx0, now, Every time i try to install them on the USB:

• ePSP Bubble Creator v3.1 tells me, installing, now wait, restarts the PSTV and does not create the bubble. OR just crashes and generates a Dump File.
  • Easy Adrenaline instaler, does not show me the first 3 options, just Advance Options and Exit. on advance options, there's just, live area stuff and rebuild database, so...

now i cant set Adrenaline + ePSP bubble creator again..

Do they work on USB mounted usx0? or they need to be on the original internal usx0?Can Adrenaline and ePSP Bubble Creator be installed on USB and do they work?

Now Retroarch;

Retroarch seems to work fine if i install the "Retroarch.vpk" and all the cores load and everything, if i try to install cores individually using their .vpk when trying to load content, the core crashes, each time i try it, its the same result.

i tried stable 1.4.1 and 1.5.1 none of them work individually, only the full RetroArch.vpk installer.

Are individual cores installer bugged? or there is something I'm missing? O:

Before Mounting USB as usx0, i tried copying everything from usx0 to uma0; then mounting the usb as usx0. this also did not work retroarch, ePSP bubble creator and easy adrenaline installer had the same problem..

Right now i formatted the internal PSTV memory, and got a just formatted 8gb,

Should i also restore the PSTV to start from the very scratch? or just a memory format will erase anything causing issues?

Should the process be this:
  • Activate the PSTV
  • Install Henkaku
  • Set Offline Installer.
  • Install VitaShell.
  • Copy the contents from usx0 partition to uma0.
  • Mount uma0 as usx0.
  • Install vpks normally.
  • Profit?

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, please don't use multiple colors unless you know they'll show up well on the dark theme, some of them are impossible to read without highlighting the entire thing which is a tad annoying. Also, it's just ux0, not usx0. :P

Anyways, I'm not sure about the easy installer issue, it appears some people have problems and some don't. I imagine it just has issues assigning the proper path when it's using the mounted USB path, and then the reboot fails to recognize the installed app because technically it's not on the app.db when you restart. I imagine you could fix this by manually editing the app.db itself, if you know what you're doing. This is also why simply copying things from uma0 to ux0 wouldn't work without a "reboot", the live area wouldn't be updated until you reboot. I believe you can refresh the livearea in VitaShell now, but I dunno if that'll fix the issue so try that after using the Easy Adrenaline installer on the USB drive and after rebooting and mounting it again.

For Retroarch, I'm not having any troubles using the individual cores myself testing right now. Try extracting the VPKs on your PC to a folder, transfer that folder to your PSTV, then install it in VitaShell (open the menu, go to more, and hit Install Folder) and see if that changes anything?

You shouldn't need to format the entire PSTV. But yes, you should install the vpks while your USB device is mounted as ux0.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, please don't use multiple colors unless you know they'll show up well on the dark theme, some of them are impossible to read without highlighting the entire thing which is a tad annoying. Also, it's just ux0, not usx0. :P

Anyways, I'm not sure about the easy installer issue, it appears some people have problems and some don't. I imagine it just has issues assigning the proper path when it's using the mounted USB path, and then the reboot fails to recognize the installed app because technically it's not on the app.db when you restart. I imagine you could fix this by manually editing the app.db itself, if you know what you're doing. This is also why simply copying things from uma0 to ux0 wouldn't work without a "reboot", the live area wouldn't be updated until you reboot. I believe you can refresh the livearea in VitaShell now, but I dunno if that'll fix the issue so try that after using the Easy Adrenaline installer on the USB drive and after rebooting and mounting it again.

For Retroarch, I'm not having any troubles using the individual cores myself testing right now. Try extracting the VPKs on your PC to a folder, transfer that folder to your PSTV, then install it in VitaShell (open the menu, go to more, and hit Install Folder) and see if that changes anything?

You shouldn't need to format the entire PSTV. But yes, you should install the vpks while your USB device is mounted as ux0.

Yeah sorry, totally forgot about dark theme, hope that the red color fix the issue, and yeah, lol, ux0 sorry, lol.

Anyways, as for easy installer, I'm not quite sure, but for ePSP bubble creator, I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the reboot, and the app, auto restarts the PSTV, so i can refresh the live area manually using vita shell.
i assume you tried to state ux0 to uma0? instead of uma0 to ux0? since the copy its done ux0 to uma0, and yes, sadly tried the Refresh Live Area several time, but it does not work, after mounting uma0 as ux0, installing ePSP bubble creator and Easy Adrenaline Installer, refreshing the live area, the apps appears on the home screen, and can be launched, but cant be installed, i don't know if its a path issue, or my first set up messed up somethings.

i normally installed the .vpks using the USB, mounted and not mounted, testing the single cores trying to load the content, makes them crash, but the full installer, does not give any issues.. which is pretty strange..

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So at least for adrenaline what I did was installed the ePSP to ux0 and then ran the easy installer on it. Took the ux0 folders for ePSP, Tai, and the other folder easy installer writes to and copied them to the ur0 directory, then mounted my flash as ux0 and copied the folders back from ur0 to ux0 and refresh the live area in Vitashell. Hope this helps / makes sense.

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ended up restoring the pstv completly, since epsp bubble started to give me errors on installing the bubble (c-12828-1), so, after restoring the system and formating the card, i installed the ePSP bubble and adrenaline on the itnernal memory, copy all the files to uma0, and then mounted uma0 as ux0 and everything works as expected, adrenaline detects the 8gb of memory, however, Retroarch Standalone vpks do crash.

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i ended up restoring the pstv completly, since epsp bubble started to give me errors on installing the bubble (c-12828-1), so, after restoring the system and formating the card, i installed the ePSP bubble and adrenaline on the itnernal memory, copy all the files to uma0, and then mounted uma0 as ux0 and everything works as expected, adrenaline detects the 8gb of memory, however, Retroarch Standalone vpks do crash.

I haven't played with RetroArch on my pstv yet. I'll give it a test tonight and let you know my results... I didn't start fresh but had very little on mine.

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,
Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021