Hacking SetMiiUp! From Stock to Latest Softmod in less then 5-10 minutes!

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need a cIOS that has NAND redirection like Hermes or d2x for EmuNAND. NEEK is completely different and requires a "kernel" file and an ARM booter like the BootMii loader that goes to it or nSwitch/neek2o channel.

If you're using a premade or clean-generated NAND dump you need to copy your console's SYSCONF to it or it won't recognize your net connection settings or remote syncs.

guess it just won't work from SD. and I am not the only one as I had to find out today:

https://github.com/exceptioncpp/custom-di/issues/46

https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/37llcv/emunand_vs_neek2o_and_understanding_the_best_way/

:(

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I got my nand in "nandemu" folder in wiiflow and set it to that in the nand emulation settings.
now I can toggle between NAND, Homebrew, USB etc.... but emunand is nowhere to be shown in wiiflow.
what am I missing here?

Last edited by naddel81,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I got my nand in "nandemu" folder in wiiflow and set it to that in the nand emulation settings.
now I can toggle between NAND, Homebrew, USB etc.... but emunand is nowhere to be shown in wiiflow.
what am I missing here?

Make sure you have it set to the right path. I can't remember where exactly that is in Wiiflow.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have it set to the right path. I can't remember where exactly that is in Wiiflow.

wiiflow asks where the path is. so I set it to that and it recognizes the emunand by showing the folder name in the settings. but I cannot select it when I switch between sources (NAND, Homebrew, USB...).
Extracting worked fine, but "mounting" the emunand is not available. wiiflow is 4.2.1. I am lost :(

at least I am not the only one:

-snip-

I am on the same page.

here on post #3:
https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/2739...ould-appreciate-some-help-with-a-neek2o-setup

why is it that so many people have the same problem?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Warez link removed -rp

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove those links, as they point to a wares site, and why installed neek, when an easy ShowMiiWads can be done. o-oU
warez site ? the second link is gbatemp. and -snip- is a warez site? never heard of it.
showmiiwads can install wads, but I need to mount that emunand using (s)neek or neek2o, right?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Yes it is -rp

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warez site ? the second link is gbatemp. and -snip- is a warez site? never heard of it.
showmiiwads can install wads, but I need to mount that emunand using (s)neek or neek2o, right?
first links its a site to wares, an no, showmiiwads dont use neko nor anything like that, dump you nand using any software to fully dump you nand (Minimal dump causes 90% of the games to go black screen), so dump the full nand and point the loader to it and thats it.

Last edited by raulpica,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first links its a site to wares, an no, showmiiwads dont use neko nor anything like that, dump you nand using any software to fully dump you nand (Minimal dump causes 90% of the games to go black screen), so dump the full nand and point the loader to it and thats it.

I tried my nand.bin (from bootmii) and even tried wiiflow extracting the nand. both worked fine. then I pointed wiiflow to the exact folder, but unfortunately it does not want to boot um the emunand. I can only switch between NAND, Homebrew and USB :(

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it is extracted to "nands/nandemu" and wiiflow is pointed to it. but it won't show up under sources when I toggle through the different sources. only NAND, homebrew (SD) and USB are shown.

Did you try with USB Loader to take your nad, you have an option for this.... Work like a charm !

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED! I even injected my 21 wads into emunand and can load them just fine. Only problem is: Sound is distorted in every game. Is this because compatibility in emunand is lower than using neek? if so, how do I boot emunand in neek?
I noticed USB loader GX has such an option.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED! I even injected my 21 wads into emunand and can load them just fine. Only problem is: Sound is distorted in every game. Is this because compatibility in emunand is lower than using neek? if so, how do I boot emunand in neek?
I noticed USB loader GX has such an option.

Is it on SD or USB because for me Sound is not distorted.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your SD Card is slow, it's why the Sound is distorted, it's why I ask you the question USB or SD Card.
card should not be the problem. is a high speed model and definetely fast enough for the slow N64 bandwidth of a few KB/s :)
I read that cIOS is not very compatible with N64 games so I wanted to try NEEK, but unfortunately that only gives me a black screen even when all files are present:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn9tfvymfxox2jg/dir.html?dl=1

I am almost giving up after 30 wii-boot ups today and no results :(

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
card should not be the problem. is a high speed model and definetely fast enough for the slow N64 bandwidth of a few KB/s :)
I read that cIOS is not very compatible with N64 games so I wanted to try NEEK, but unfortunately that only gives me a black screen even when all files are present:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn9tfvymfxox2jg/dir.html?dl=1

I am almost giving up after 30 wii-boot ups today and no results :(

lol.... Ok I understand you, it's not easy to setup Sneek, it's take time, you have to test and etc... I use HD with Sneek and it work very well, all my N64 game run very fine from USB Loader GX, no sound distortion.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol.... Ok I understand you, it's not easy to setup Sneek, it's take time, you have to test and etc... I use HD with Sneek and it work very well, all my N64 game run very fine from USB Loader GX, no sound distortion.

will try HDD then, but I wanted to have an easy portable SD solution for the 20 N64 games I have.
guess I'll have to go the emulation route again via PC :(

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My NAND titles are on a speed class 4 SD and they don't stutter. For the most part the console shouldn't really even need to read the NAND after the title is launched. The amount of space they're allowed to take up is restricted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same