Sequel to KH: Birth By Sleep.

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
So, what part of the trailer was part of this game?

And I'm wondering, what's the story?

EDIT: And does anyone know what the name of that epic theme with the chanting is?

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VentusVanitas said:
So, what part of the trailer was part of this game?

And I'm wondering, what's the story?

EDIT: And does anyone know what the name of that epic theme with the chanting is?

Everything after the rewind scene. I'm currently speculating that the game will take place from an Aqua/Riku/Kairi Perspective of things, filling in the gaps of what was going on while Sora was off saving the world.

What I DON'T get is, HOW does Aqua end up outside the realm of darkness, only to end up back in it. I can only assume the game will explain this, so waiting is my best option.

Lastly, I'm equally curious what the song was.
EDIT: It may actually be a remixed version of Dismiss/Fragments of Sorrow

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
YAY ANOTHER GAME BEFORE KH3.

WHO WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMMING?

Alright, enough with trolling. Dude, I can't believe they're making another game. the story is so messed up in my head I can't imagine what would happen if they released another game -_-.

But, since I know I'm a KH fan, I'm probably getting this game, as long as if it isn't for the PSP, since I don't own 1.
All things considered, 75% chance of it being on PSP. 24.999% chance of it being on PSP2. 0.001% chance of it being on anything else.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am just curious as I thought there would be a secret 'playable' ending on final mix? BbS volume 2 would be a new kh title game? Well, I didn't expect that o.o but anyway, there's no way that BbS vol. 2 = Kh3.. since KH3 comes after kingdom hearts 3D which isn't even release yet. My thought is that like most people said, this 'side-story' just fill the gap between series. perhaps, nomura wanted for people to understand (might confuse some?) the story as a whole.

I've read somewhere that these series from BbS all the way up to KH3 are just a part of much bigger adventure and Nomura even entitled it as 'Xehanort's Chronicles' There might be some more new enemies to come. Who knows, Sora's adventure may end and a new boy/guy would come up holding a keyblade.
smile.gif
I am really hoping that KH series would end up like FF series although KH actually goes on with a sequel rather than 'start-end' kind of series. I would really love that.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheDestroyer said:
I am just curious as I thought there would be a secret 'playable' ending on final mix? BbS volume 2 would be a new kh title game? Well, I didn't expect that o.o but anyway, there's no way that BbS vol. 2 = Kh3.. since KH3 comes after kingdom hearts 3D which isn't even release yet. My thought is that like most people said, this 'side-story' just fill the gap between series. perhaps, nomura wanted for people to understand (might confuse some?) the story as a whole.

I've read somewhere that these series from BbS all the way up to KH3 are just a part of much bigger adventure and Nomura even entitled it as 'Xehanort's Chronicles' There might be some more new enemies to come. Who knows, Sora's adventure may end and a new boy/guy would come up holding a keyblade.
smile.gif
I am really hoping that KH series would end up like FF series although KH actually goes on with a sequel rather than 'start-end' kind of series. I would really love that.

Considering there are already 6 KH games [Birth By Sleep, KH1, Chain of Memories, 358/2, KH2, Coded] And there are two more on the way now [Dream.Drop.Distance and 0.5], Plus the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 3...well sir, Nomura is well on his way to granting your wish. That makes 9 total games so far. While Final Fantasy has about a grand total of 23 or so I think [1-14, plus X-2 and XIII-2, Plus all the Tactics/FF7/XIII Story builders], Kingdom Hearts seems to be taking no breaks in catching up to the Final Fantasy legacy xD

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NatureMade said:
TheDestroyer said:

smile.gif

Considering there are already 6 KH games [Birth By Sleep, KH1, Chain of Memories, 358/2, KH2, Coded] And there are two more on the way now [Dream.Drop.Distance and 0.5], Plus the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 3...well sir, Nomura is well on his way to granting your wish. That makes 9 total games so far. While Final Fantasy has about a grand total of 23 or so I think [1-14, plus X-2 and XIII-2, Plus all the Tactics/FF7/XIII Story builders], Kingdom Hearts seems to be taking no breaks in catching up to the Final Fantasy legacy xD

I know right. But hey, the more the merrier. I hope nomura won't retire early on his career. I wanna suck the life out of him making KH series. XD I know most people think that this is just for them to make money. True, in some cases. I do understand that but seriously, if you love something and it makes you happy, go for it! Life is short you gotta play more. XD

Amen?
biggrin.gif

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
Just me who thinks Kingdom Hearts is good?
I'm still playing through RE: coded....

Best news I've had all week, time to dust off my brothers PSP!
yaypsp.gif

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
What I gathered from this video is that it is going to be based while Sora is "sleeping" but having Donald and Goofy roaming in one part also tells me that it won't be based on that.

I really don't know how BBS Vol. 2 is going to work out I thought they already had a good ending which could be pieced together in Kingdom Hearts 3D's.

Meh I really don't know >.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBS is not a side-story. It is a contributing part of the main story. It explains many things and shows origins of many characters. It is an extension of the main story.

A side-story is something that doesn't really add anything significant to the main story, such as Re-coded.

So far BBS, KH1, Chains of Memories, 358/2, and KH2 are all more or less equally important to the overall story.
None are "spin-offs".

A spin-off would be like following a character as they have adventures that have no relevance to the main story arc.

Like the show "Joey" is to "Friends".

By the way, Final Fantasy had more than just 14 installments.
FF 1 through 14 (including 10-2)
A few Crystal Chronicles
A few Tactic games
A fighting game
An RTS (Revenant Wings)
A third person shooter (Dirge or Cerberus)
Mystic Quest (action/adventure)
Two MMO's
Whatever you call the two WiiWare games (the tower one and the My Life as King)
Crisis Core
Crystal Bearers (Wii)
Even a FF racing game and Chocobo's Adventures (now these can be called spin-offs haha)!
And who knows what else I'm missing!

Kingdom Hearts isn't quite close to that yet.
tongue.gif
'

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh guys... Birth by Sleep isn't a side story. It's pretty much episode 1, with KH1 being episode 2, KH2 being episode 3. BbS was a huge part of the story.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
Uh guys... Birth by Sleep isn't a side story. It's pretty much episode 1, with KH1 being episode 2, KH2 being episode 3. BbS was a huge part of the story.

Episode 0 is more like it.

However, now I am starting to think we're never gonna see kingdom Hearts 3.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used episode 1 because even though people know it's considered episode "0", people still think that means it's a side story -_-

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
I used episode 1 because even though people know it's considered episode "0", people still think that means it's a side story -_-

If they had played the 3 games, they'd know it was a prequel. I thought it was pretty obvious when I played it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBS is definitely up there with the main numbered games. So much so that it is officially considered a main game. Most fans actually think it's the best game in the series thus far. And in terms of plot, it's extremely relevant and important. Not just small important parts with a bunch of filler, even many of the Disney worlds end up being important to character development and drive. It's NOT a side game, stop trying to say it is. Days and ReCoded are side games.

The reason KH3 hasn't released is literally FF Versus 13. Nomura has stated numerous times that he won't begin development on KH3 until he's done giving his full attention to Versus 13. So at this point, you're either going to get these Kingdom Hearts games we've been getting, and no KH3. Or you're going to get absolutely no KH at all. Personally, i'll take the former. If you don't want to play them, don't. Having them around doesn't hurt anyone though. I'm a big fan of the series and have enjoyed almost all of them to an extent (Chain of Memories being my least favorite of the series). KH3D and BBS Volume 2 are hardly unwelcome. Especially KH3D, which has new worlds, new environmental interaction, new combat elements, and a story that will lead directly into KH3. And you can play as Riku, which is very welcome. Anyone who has seen the trailer will know that it looks like a breath of fresh air for the series.

I'll also mention that another game besides KH3D was pretty much confirmed. There were two more secret games that had been announced last year. KH3D was one, BBS Vol2 was another. We needed to have one game to set the stage for KH3 and lead directly into it (3D) and there was another that was said to explain some events that took place in the Realm of Darkness with Mickey and Aqua.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol considering, KH13 provides with KH tidbits, I think the REAL Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the "13th" KH title, get it?? KH13.com and 13th title? Well you should, cause it seems plausible.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
358/2 Days is not a side story. :<

Play that, then play KH2 again and you'll understand a lot more of what's going on.

There are things said and done in KH2 that, without 358/2, would be left unexplained forever.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I think.

If this is a sequel to Birth By Sleep, it won't be on the PSP. If anything it will probably be on its successor, ie the PSP2 since the 3DS has Dream Drop Distance. It will probably clear up some questions that were in the first Birth By Sleep such as who is the white/silver haired man that Terra saw in Riku.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I believe that they are trying to find something to keep Xehanort alive since (according a source I found) that KH3 is the end of Xehanort. Also I think this will answer the question "What truly happened to Aqua during the 10 years of being stuck in the dark realm before she meets Ansem the Wise. But who knows the true answers except for the creators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk