Hacking semi bricked vwii

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my wii u, installed homebrew and got all the emulators and roms to work, but then i installed menuify and updated the theme to darkwii and since then when i go in to my vwii and click on anything it freezes and I have to unplug my wii u to restart, is my vwii completely screwed? is there anyway of restoring it or getting it to not freeze?

facepalm.png
Let me guess, you didnt read the stickies... Rule #1 of console hacking: understand 110% what you are doing before you go through with it!

The vWii does not use the same system menu as the Wii, which is why neither Priiloader nor BootMii work. This means that SM Themes will also not work, and have the potential to brick your console.

Your only hope is if you had a backup of the NAND and keys so that when, in the future, someone successfully builds a NAND re-flasher, you can send it in to them. I'm very sorry to be the bringer of bad news here :(

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my wii u, installed homebrew and got all the emulators and roms to work, but then i installed menuify and updated the theme to darkwii and since then when i go in to my vwii and click on anything it freezes and I have to unplug my wii u to restart, is my vwii completely screwed? is there anyway of restoring it or getting it to not freeze?

If you remove your sd card from the Wii U(when it's off) and start the Wii U w/o an sd card in it, does the vWii (Wii Mode) freeze/ lock up?
Or does something else happen?

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately no. You should have read that it was bad to do that, because your vwii is screwed forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call