Hacking SEKIRO Corrupted save :(

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys! I have a 6.72 jailbreak on my PS4

I downloaded Sekiro and the update 1.04, I think it's the US version (don't know if I'm allowed to say where I downloaded it from)

15 hours of playtime later, the game just displayed a message that my save file is corrupted and that I should delete it.
Sekiro is really a hard game and I can not play those areas all over again :(

Is there any possible solution? I only found out that reinstalling the database MIGHT fix it, but I still haven't tried that one yet.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible rebuilding the database could fix it. I'd suggest getting your app.db from system_data/priv/mms iirc. then, rebuild the database and reinject the save. there's a savedata database that might fix the issue, but usually that's just what records the save as being corrupted. if you have account activator or an activated account, backup your saves to usb every few days or weeks.

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, a bit of a noob when it comes to jailbreaks, actually, I bought the console this way.

getting your app.db from system_data/priv/mms iirc - I don't understand this part

also, what do you mean by "reinjecting the save file"? It does not allow me to copy my save anywhere without updating the system software :( Network features not available

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to start ftp or use the db and sg dumper payload to get the app.db. the app.db is in system_data/priv/mms from what I remember. you would replace that file once you rebuild the database otherwise your games won't appear on the home menu. if you can't export saves, you probably have to use account activator. I have a tutorial on it, but I used @KiiWii 's xproject to do it. you just need the debug.bin file from @Leeful 's frontend or other frontends.

Reactions: KiiWii

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, I saw that one. it is the one where I reinstall my database and then using Python or CMD, I recover the games after a Rebuild database process. I believe it is called fix_db or something like that

So your suggestion is that I rebuild the database, recover it with fixdb and then copy the save file again from my USB?

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I am annoying, but I don't know how to do that replacement :(
I am really a beginner when it comes to this. This is the first time I am doing something that does not involve installing a game. The console was jailbroken when I bought it :(

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your patience, I really don't want to start all over again

I enter the internet browser or user guide (my internet connection is usually off)
I click on 6.72 and then I click on Mira
Then it says that the jailbreak is successful and my games become unlocked. That's all I know

Oh, and sometimes the jailbreak is unsuccessful so the ps4 shuts down but in a bad way, like when you unplug it while it's turned on

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a kernel panic when it just shuts off. Is there an ftp payload anywhere on the screen?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You'll also have to turn the internet back on for this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turn on the internet (make sure updates are being blocked), deploy the ftp payload (on the screen will display your ip and port), input the ip and port into filezilla or other ftp client, go to system_data/priv/mms, copy the app.db to your desktop, turn off ps3, go into recovery menu by holding down power button 'til you hear two beeps, plug in usb to controller, go down to rebuild database, go back to the ftp payload and repeat the process except this time copy the app.db from your desktop and replace the app.db that's on the system now. keep a copy of your app.db in a safe place. that's pretty much it.

to use account activator, use the safe mounter payload or debug.bin payload, open account activator, plug in your ip and click connect, click get users (your account id should appear), click set, then you should should be good. if you have no account, create one on sony's official website and use @Leeful 's aid script to get your account id by dragging and dropping the home page of that site while signed in. part of the debugging section of the site is going to be used from what I remember. anyway, that link is in my account activator tutorial. once you have it, type the account id into the empty box in account activator after selecting get users, and click set. you're done. now, you can export saves to usb.

Reactions: Stranger2973

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I got the first part now, so I downloaded Filezilla, and I ran jailbreaker and afterwards the FTP. It showed me my IP address and port
but once I input them to Filezilla, it keeps displaying an error that it can not connect. I even tried the PS4 name instead of the IP, and the default port, but still error.

One more thing, your second paragraph, is this really necessary to do immediately, or is this just that so I can make a backup of my saves to USB once in a while. Or do you think that copying the save to the system after reinstalling the database will fix the problem? Seems to me corrupt is always corrupt, whether you copy it or not.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you turn the internet back on?

it won't fix a corrupted save. it's supposed to save you from this predicament happening again.

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I used WinSCP and it is working, I copied the app.db

What do you mean that it won't fix it? :( I thought it's the only possible solution. The only one that MIGHT fix it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rebuilding the database and replacing the app.db might fix the problem. exporting saves is only to prevent this from happening again. if a save gets corrupted, just import a backup.

Stranger2973

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, that's what I meant, too. I will deal with account activator later, if the save gets fixed. It is rebuilding now, I will let you know soon.

EDIT: IT WORKED! Thank you so much, you are the best! I will not continue playing until I figure out how to transfer the save to USB, just in case, I do not want to risk another corruption without a backup.

Last edited by Stranger2973,

jazjaz09

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey stranger2973, can you tell me exactly how you did to recover your save file cuz im in the exact same situation except i had like 20 hours of gaming and it crashed with no reason

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey stranger2973, can you tell me exactly how you did to recover your save file cuz im in the exact same situation except i had like 20 hours of gaming and it crashed with no reason

check post 12. that seemed to work for him (the backing up of the app.db and rebuilding the database, I believe).

Reactions: jazjaz09

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: