SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub Releases April 28th, Allows Sharing of Modified ROMs

sega_mega_drive_classics_hub.jpg

Sega has announced the release of SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub for Steam on April 28th. Following is an excerpt from their announcement on their website:

The new-look system is based on a bedroom of an early nineties SEGA fan with dynamic time-of-day conditions, retro SEGA paraphernalia, a shelf full of MEGA Drive games (including the ones you own) and of course a CRT TV! That’s not all, every single MEGA Drive game will now feature Steam Workshop support allowing you to share modified versions of your favourite retro SEGA titles!

Yes, SEGA is officially allowing modders to share their custom roms of your favourite Sega Mega Drive/Genesis titles! The company is effectively making gaming history as being the first company to
explicitly allow the legal distribution of modified copies of its classic titles.

The sharing of ROMs has been for long looked down upon by video game companies, since it directly implies piracy. Modders would usually receive a cease and desist notice or be neglected from any official support. It does come as a surprise for a company like SEGA to officially embrace the concept of sharing ROMs. We can look forward to past gems like Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin, with a twist!

Check out the video below and their official news post from the source for further details!

:arrow: SOURCE

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you're back on The Temp! :)

Glad to hear it, man :D But yeah, the game has seriously botched emulation, it's based off the 50 Hz version, "optimized" but the music is jacked up. :P

Edit 12:03 4/30/16

Yeah, as much as I like Sega for doing this, they botched the emulation on some games pretty badly :lol:

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear it, man :D But yeah, the game has seriously botched emulation, it's based off the 50 Hz version, "optimized" but the music is jacked up. :P

Edit 12:03 4/30/16

Yeah, as much as I like Sega for doing this, they botched the emulation on some games pretty badly :lol:

I'll have to look at that later, I'm on my lunch break at work, waiting to clock back in LIKE A BOSS! Lol

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.