Gaming Sega Forever

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably claim it's a port of the "ORIGINAL" Dreamcast version like they did in 2010, only to get caught out in the lie.

Better option: There's a bunch of Dreamcast mods in development for the 2004 Windows release.
  • sadx-dc-lighting - restores the original palette-based lighting system from the DC version.
  • sadx_dreamcast - restores models and textures from the DC version.
In addition, the mod loader itself supports ADX audio, so you can replace the WMAs from the 2004 version with the original ADXes. (Use the ADXes from the original Japanese release of SA1; the International releases were downsampled to 32 kHz due to disc space limitations.)
Yeah, I've used those mods in the past.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably claim it's a port of the "ORIGINAL" Dreamcast version like they did in 2010, only to get caught out in the lie.

Better option: There's a bunch of Dreamcast mods in development for the 2004 Windows release.
  • sadx-dc-lighting - restores the original palette-based lighting system from the DC version.
  • sadx_dreamcast - restores models and textures from the DC version.
In addition, the mod loader itself supports ADX audio, so you can replace the WMAs from the 2004 version with the original ADXes. (Use the ADXes from the original Japanese release of SA1; around half of the tracks in the International releases were downsampled to 32 kHz due to disc space limitations.)

The 2004 port has issues with jaggies and inconsistent framerates; it looks worse than the GCN port IMO. The Steam port looks the best visually, but suffers from audio level balance issues, that horrible purple 4:3 border, etc.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sega Forever Versions run suckier then the paid versions did on my Shield TV... MD.Emu runs them a hell of a lot better, I don't think an extra GB of RAM is gonna help, as it runs crappy on my Galaxy S8

Like I said, Sega can't program emulators worth garbage.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Like I said, Sega can't program emulators worth garbage.
When SF IV HD runs on a phone without issues but a 20 year old game does then you know you've effed up. :P

Speaking of SF IV HD, the game looks really nice but touchscreen controllers are utter shit.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When SF IV HD runs on a phone without issues but a 20 year old game does then you know you've effed up. :P

Speaking of SF IV HD, the game looks really nice but touchscreen controllers are utter shit.

That's why I use a MOGA controller on mobile devices, screw touch controls :P

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Sega Forever stuff got released on Switch, it'd mean nice, high-res ports of the remakes of Sonic 1, 2 and CD. I'd definitely be down for that.
Those were released prior to Sega Forever. Knowing Sega, they'd just port their terrible Unity-based MD emulator with Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 instead of the remakes.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
Those were released prior to Sega Forever. Knowing Sega, they'd just port their terrible Unity-based MD emulator with Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 instead of the remakes.
...I mean, true, but it is a fact that at the least, the StealthTax port of Sonic 1 was made free-with-ads as part of Sega Forever. (CD already was that way since last year, I think, but not as part of SF.)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

...I mean, true, but it is a fact that at the least, the StealthTax port of Sonic 1 was made free-with-ads as part of Sega Forever. (CD already was that way since last year, I think, but not as part of SF.)
It'd be nice to have Sonic 1 + 2 remakes on the Switch as they never made their way to Steam/360/PS3 so that'd be something. Sonic Mania on the way means that Sonic 3 remake will probably never see the light of day. :(

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sega Forever Sonic 1 crashes my Non-Root Google Nexus 5 after the first level of Green Hills Zone.
Right after the ads play, my phone hard locks and the battery has to be pulled or hold the power button for 15 seconds.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Sega Forever Sonic 1 crashes my Non-Root Google Nexus 5 after the first level of Green Hills Zone.
Right after the ads play, my phone hard locks and the battery has to be pulled or hold the power button for 15 seconds.
That's insane. I've never had an issue this bad.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my only issue I have is you can't reconfigure controls, would love to use joycons or at least 1 instead of touch controls but they aren't mapped right by default, at least sonic works but even then pause button isn't mapped to any of the buttons on the controller

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MOGA controller with terrible reviews actually still works? I gotta get one then.

My Switch Joy-Cons and Pro Controller are really laggy.

Not sure what people were having issues with, the Pro controller works perfectly on my end XD Better than using the shitty touch controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol