OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Google Translate said:
You had said in previous news: surprises are linked today if the outcome is not necessarily match our expectations.

Oui, Sega annonce sa nouvelle console. Yes, Sega announced its new console. Non, ce n'est pas une Dreamcast 2 dans le sens où on l'entend. No, this is not a Dreamcast 2 in the sense that we understand. Reprenant le design d'une certaine console (jusqu'à la manette), la Zone Sega proposera 50 jeux, dont vingt issus de leurs anciennes consoles, 14 vieux titres arcade et 16 titres basés sur le sport (étrangement). Echoing the design of a certain console (to handle), Zone Sega will offer 50 games, including twenty from their old consoles, 14 old arcade titles and 16 titles based on sport (strangely).

La bête sortira cet été aux USA. The beast comes out this summer in the USA.

Source: http://gamekyo.com/newsfr34589_warning-seg...le-console.html

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
Its in French so I can't understand, but I just wet my pants.

Roughly Google Translated...

QUOTEYes, Sega announced its new console. Yes, Sega announced its new console. No, this is not a Dreamcast 2 in the sense that we understand. No, this is not a Dreamcast 2 in the sense that we understand. Echoing the design of a certain console (to handle), Zone Sega will offer 50 games, including twenty from their old consoles, 14 old arcade titles and 16 titles based on sport (strangely). Echoing the design of a certain console (to handle), Zone Sega will offer 50 games, including twenty from their old consoles, 14 old arcade titles and 16 titles based on sport (strangely).

I don't think it's like a console in the sense of a PS3/360/Wii. 50 games only, 20 of which are already released games, 14 of which are arcade games, and the other 16 are probably just smalls sports games.

EDIT: No Dreamcast support? This looks pretty horrid now. I might as well buy the Genesis titles on the Virtual Console (odds are they have the 20 of those), as well as the arcade games (probably has those too), and use Wii Sports/Resort for sports games. Lame.

D

Deleted_171835

Seriously! Their back in the console business. I'll wait for further confirmation.

I wonder if it's a 'next gen' console like the Wii/360/PS3 or just some console that plays arcade games.
mellow.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Ugh.

QUOTE said:
Sega has given its licensing blessing to the makers of the Wii doppelganger Zone 40, resulting in the Zone Sega, a cheap, wireless gaming alternative that plays 20 of your favorite Sega Genesis games... and so much more!

Unfortunately, that so much more appears to be built-in dreck like Fight & Lose, Bomber and Darts, with the repackaged Genesis titles the main draw, giving you Zone Sega owners the sensation of playing Ecco the Dolphin with a Wii Remote and a cheap replacement console. According to Pocket Lint, the Zone Sega also plays your cartridge-based favorites on top of Flicky, E-SWAT and Sonic & Knuckles for just £39.95.

Look for it at a UK retailer and fine import shops near you some time this summer.
- Kotaku

Not one of 'those' consoles.

Edit: Ra. I could have just edited my first post. Rawr.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heres the english, without the French:
QUOTE said:
You had said in previous news: surprises are linked today if the outcome is not necessarily match our expectations.

Yes, Sega announced its new console. No, this is not a Dreamcast 2 in the sense that we understand. Echoing the design of a certain console (to handle), Zone Sega will offer 50 games, including twenty from their old consoles, 14 old arcade titles and 16 titles based on sport (strangely).

The beast comes out this summer in the USA.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
You sure this is real? Looks like one of those chinese fake all-in-one consoles.

It really does look like what you said.

Wow, Sega loves spending money for no reason, uh? Sonic is going downhill since a while back and once Sonic is finish, the whole company is finished. Man, I miss the good ol' Dreamcast days. It was too early for its time =/.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't really all that surprising. Sega's already licensed clone Genesis consoles- or so all the sellers claim, and I've not seen a statement to the contrary- with both a cart slot and 20 built in Genesis/MD games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1