SDSetup website shut down - what now?

Deleted member 678442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So I just saw that www.sdsetup.com has shut down.

According to its creator it’s because it has become increasingly difficult to keep up with updates and fix errors.

i think this website was a good utility for newcomers to the switch modding scene and it’s sad that it’s gone.

Luckily there is an alternative like sigmapatches website (which I won’t link for obvious reasons but they have an AIO pack download link)

What are your thoughts?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What @Hayato213 said is a valid statement.

SDSetup was pretty convenient during their prime time. Unfortunately, prior to shutting down, their packs were pretty much obsolete.
There are a couple of other packs, like DeepSea (by Team Neptune) and HATS pack (by sthetix), which are up-to-date and you can find them easily. If you don't really want to be bothered with downloading all the necessary tools from different sources, go ahead and use either of those previously mentioned packs. They'll do the trick.

Otherwise, do your homework: check which homebrew apps you need in any "pack" and install whatever you think you may need afterwards.
If you just want to play your game backups on the Switch, you'll need Hekate and Atmosphere, sigpatches and any modern title installer of your choosing (I personally prefer DBI, but there are couple of other popular ones like Tinfoil, Awoo, TinWoo, Goldleaf, etc.). And that's pretty much it. Two up-to-date guides that I use for reference all the time (NH Switch Guide and rentry.org Switch Guide) have some additional homebrew apps that should cover the needs of an average user.

EDIT: I was sad to see their guide gone which was full of useful info. Thanfully, archive.org has that saved so not all is lost.

Reactions: Hayato213

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I compare using an AIO pack to buying a PC with Windows pre-installed. You get plenty of bloatware that you'll never use, and need to remove if you want a lean and mean machine. If you install Atmosphere yourself, along with Hekate and sigpatches, you're fully in control of what gets installed, and you're in a better position to understand what's going on, if something doesn't work quite right down the line. Using one of the guides suggested by @Blythe93 , it's child's play to get a perfectly working CFW Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto