Hardware SD2Vita cart with actual casing?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It's not good Madridi the spring mechanism doesn't work at all. It runs fine I've placed a sd card in it and set it up. Not sure if there all manufactured the same from eBay but it's stuck in there and there's little room to get tweezers in. I'm gonna leave it in this vita and I'm not gonna use the other smiley face one.
Is it really that bad? Are you saying it's too thick to fit in without actual shoving?
I found a seller on eBay selling the red one for $0.99 for the red one and $1.29 for the black one, with 10% off with every 3rd piece you buy. That's why I bought a ton :(

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really that bad? Are you saying it's too thick to fit in without actual shoving?
I found a seller on eBay selling the red one for $0.99 for the red one and $1.29 for the black one, with 10% off with every 3rd piece you buy. That's why I bought a ton :(
The standard boards fit in with a slight twist to bypass the spring with takes about 10 seconds of fiddling. This smiley face one honestly took ten minutes for it to go in. It kept catching the spring half way up the card. I've tryed getting it out but my tweezers I have here are too big. I'm gonna leave it in. Like I said all these smiley face ones on eBay may not be all manufactured the same so you may get one that works correctly. I also read the post on Reddit about the guy who claimed it ruined his card slot and I can see why. I wouldn't recommend one.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The standard boards fit in with a slight twist to bypass the spring with takes about 10 seconds of fiddling. This smiley face one honestly took ten minutes for it to go in. It kept catching the spring half way up the card. I've tryed getting it out but my tweezers I have here are too big. I'm gonna leave it in. Like I said all these smiley face ones on eBay may not be all manufactured the same so you may get one that works correctly. I also read the post on Reddit about the guy who claimed it ruined his card slot and I can see why. I wouldn't recommend one.
Well the standard ones went in smoothly for me. It's the smiley ones that I just ordered :(

Reactions: Columbo2811

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again but I've just noticed that when trying to put card slot cover on it, it pops out the sd card. It doesn't fit with the card cover on. This is obviously because the board is sitting on the card slot springs now and the mini sd card protrudes out. You can press the board in but since it's on the spring it naturally wants to pop back up.
IMG_6180.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is as good as you can get it closed. Might not be a big issue but a slight press on it will release your sd card.
IMG_6181.jpg

Last edited by Columbo2811,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again but I've just noticed that when trying to put card slot cover on it, it pops out the sd card. It doesn't fit with the card cover on. This is obviously because the board is sitting on the card slot springs now and the mini sd card protrudes out. You can press the board in but since it's on the spring it naturally wants to pop back up.
IMG_6180.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is as good as you can get it closed. Might not be a big issue but a slight press on it will release your sd card.
IMG_6181.jpg
If you are up to it i found some tutorials to take apart a ps vita so hopefully you can take the adapter out that way.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+Vita+Teardown/7872

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: xtreme1 and cvskid

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after 10 minutes of trying to get it in I can't get it out now lol. It keeps catching the springs when trying to pop it in and had to apply some serious twisting movements to get it in. Won't come out now though so the idea of a easy push eject solution isn't with these things. It too tight to eject itself from the springs. Avoid these.
Thanks for your post, i received two today from aliex, one red and one black, but having two people getting theirs stuck means I won't use these at all.

That post was from July, it will take a while...

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I Ordered a Smiley Face Adapter. If it gets Stuck, it least it is secure and hopefully works. If I need to Add/Remove Items from the Card, just pop out the MicroSD only when it is Powered Off. Card is getting filled with ISOs and Roms now in preparation.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need to remove the barebone adapter once it's in. Just dump all the titles you want on the SD card and be done with it.

I personally use a second 3.60 PSVita to dump carts, if need be and transfer the files across when desired.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no need to remove the barebone adapter once it's in. Just dump all the titles you want on the SD card and be done with it.

I personally use a second 3.60 PSVita to dump carts, if need be and transfer the files across when desired.
Your missing the point here. Some people would still like to use there game card slot. Not everyone wants to pirate every game and not all games can be dumped. The smiley face cards are supposed to be the solution but they are not. (The ones I received are not they may not all be the same) There will be better alternatives as time goes by.

Reactions: Madridi

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your missing the point here. Some people would still like to use there game card slot. Not everyone wants to pirate every game and not all games can be dumped. The smiley face cards are supposed to be the solution but they are not. (The ones I received are not they may not all be the same) There will be better alternatives as time goes by.

No missing any point at all. The whole top and bottom of it was to use the barebone adapter, leave it in and dump the games. This was clearly explained beforehand before purchasing (pros n cons of using only dumps or carts) so people complaining about it afterwards is on them and will have to deal with it tbh.

The barebone is not meant to be constantly removed just to play original carts, yet in time, a more robust, stable cased version will be produced, yet either choose dumps only or carts.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
No missing any point at all. The whole top and bottom of it was to use the barebone adapter, leave it in and dump the games. This was clearly explained beforehand before purchasing (pros n cons of using only dumps or carts) so people complaining about it afterwards is on them and will have to deal with it tbh.

The barebone is not meant to be constantly removed just to play original carts, yet in time, a more robust, stable cased version will be produced, yet either choose dumps only or carts.
You ARE missing the point. You are talking about one thing (barebone adapter), while he's clearly talking about the current casing solution hindering the ability to insert and remove the adapter smoothly, negating the purpose of them.

2 different products

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

The point your missing is they are advertised as a push eject version.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
@Columbo2811
So I'm wondering, could these be stripped back to barebones? (as a worsted case scenario type of thing)
I'll take the sticker off later and take it apart. The biggest problem is the sd card sticking out to far. I've read on Reddit some guy was gonna file down his sd card so he could have room to shut the gamecard cover lol.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'll take the sticker off later and take it apart. The biggest problem is the sd card sticking out to far. I've read on Reddit some guy was gonna file down his sd card so he could have room to shut the gamecard cover lol.
What I found interesting is that, on the barebone version I have, on my 1000 I can close the port normally, while on 2000 it sticks out a bit, similar to the pic you posted.

I guess it's never going to be 100% exact. Each piece is probably different

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
What I found interesting is that, on the barebone version I have, on my 1000 I can close the port normally, while on 2000 it sticks out a bit, similar to the pic you posted.

I guess it's never going to be 100% exact. Each piece is probably different
There's different versions out now too. This one has different groves on the bottom of the card and in this picture the sd card sits level with the board. I've ordered a couple to try.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112546515289

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal... +1