Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Most of the textures used in the various screens/Menus are already translated, the two main exceptions are the Master select screen (currently being worked on), and the defense texts during combat.

Reactions: PiQue_MajorCooke

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I got a feeling the original was English to begin with. That or, Gilliel777 might have already covered those for us. The rest are posted as images/video on the OP post.

2uylohw.png

i70jlx.png

Actually, "Gundam" yet needs to be written in English in that title screen, doesn't it? As well as the smaller katakana / hiragana under the word "OVERWORLD" (It probably just reads overworld in Japanese phonetics, I should try and read it out. If it doesthen translating doesn't make sense.)

Most of the textures used in the various screens/Menus are already translated, the two main exceptions are the Master select screen (currently being worked on), and the defense texts during combat.
OK - does that hint that you'd like help with defense texts? :)

Last edited by BlackDog61,

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@blackdog: Well, I don't know. The team discussed about it after your suggestion about that "gundam" thing but I personally think that's up to the artist of the group and shouldn't impose too much challenge. I can hardly read what's under it too. Something's hinting me that you are sincerely offering help, which I really appreciate btw. :X.

Edit: Only thing I can think of is the font length. But, I think Danikk already explained that it's er... I dun remember (it's been too long)... a mess or something. Still, clean managed to slip by with the strict character limits so far, with a bit of compromise here and there.

Last edited by AdanK85,

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@AdanK85 OK! Thanks for taking time to consider it.
Yes, I was really offering help. I've designed the titlescreen for Super Robot Wars AP and edited graphics for the game. I won't pretend it's perfect - just that I meant to help, not to justchat or suggest extra work to a team who already has enough to do!

Good luck, buddies! I'll be reading you.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Lolz. Chatting is good :P.
Your graphic design from what I see is good btw. You're just humble.

Thanks and good luck too.

jonh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the translate at the first page or just a graphic patch?, I used it but nothing change.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have updated the HQ Texture Patch, I have delayed this version a bit, because I wanted to finish a feature I was working on for the sprite patch, but I can't seem to make it work properly for now. It will be released when/if I can get it to work without randomly crashing the game.

Download link in the original release post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gund...glish-translation.369219/page-32#post-6051344

Changelogs:
  • FIxed compatibility with newer versions of PPSSPP (1.01+)
  • Replaced/improved textures for the Big Tray and Gallop “ships”
  • Replaced rear beam attack for Dolos
  • Replaced Vulcan attack for Blue Destiny Unit 02
    • Cleaned up the shields for the Blue destiny Units 02/02 Nimbus Custom/03
  • Replaced evade/defend animation for Gundam Unit 01
  • Replaced Beam Saber attack for the GM Quel
  • Changed the evade animation for the Hidolfr to a (slightly) higher quality one
  • Fixed game bugs: Animations with quickly alternating frames show a static frame due to the lower frame rate of the PSP compared to the PS2 (which the game engine was originally made for), some of these animations are now fixed, by modifying their internal timings:
    • The Guntank now has animated threads when attacking (both attacks)
    • Corin’s Kapol’s Drill bat is now rotates during the attack cutin (first attack)
  • Fixed several incorrectly replaced textures:
    • Fixed GM Command Beam Saber attack
    • Fixed minor graphic bug in the Kampfer’s Sturm Faust attack
    • Fixed evade/defend animation for Leo (Ground Type)
    • Fixed the “Alex” text on the shield being mirrored during part of the Gundam Alex’s sword attack (from the player’s perspective)
    • Fixed the “02” text on the Gundam Unit 02 being mirrored during part of the multi-target nuke attack, and during evasion/defense (from the player’s perspective)
  • Removed commander antenna hole from the Zaku II’s head during its machine gun attack
  • Fixed transparent hole in the GM Sniper Custom’s head during snipe attack
  • Removed leftover TV station logo from the Ambat Control room background (stage A6)
  • Minor Improvements on many textures
  • Fixed several corrupted files

Map Sprites 1.1.4:
  • FIxed compatibility with newer versions of PPSSPP (1.01+)

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a fix patch if possible for the RX-81LA G-Line Light Armor beam rifle? It shows that the beam rifle has a longer range but almost useless on close range, beam rifles ( if i might be correct) are in the range of 2-4 tiles, but the G-Line beam rifle is set to 3-5 tiles.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The RX-81LA G-Line Light Armor is supposedly carrying a Heavy Beam Rifle instead of a regular one (not that it looks any different in the battle animation to the standard Armor's short range Beam Rifle). I guess it meant to represent that the Heavy Rifle is better suited for a longer range.
I'll probably change it, since it does look identical to the Normal Armor's short range Beam rifle, so it probably shouldn't work differently.

Reactions: Fon Spaak

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is it possible for one to make a duplication of a mobile suit from the game in order to make multiple "variations" or different textures of the mobile suit, (for example, duplicating MS-06F Zaku ll, extracting and editing the copy Zaku ll into a MS-06F Zaku F2 (EFSF,Kimbereid, Delaz fleet colors by editing the textures files while maintaining the animations the same, with the changes applied?

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The issue is that the total number of MS in the game can't be changed due to at least 3 limiting issues:
1.: The main data file that stores base info about the MS (e.g.: name, health, weapon data) is very large and complicated, and any change that would involve a change in size (like adding a new unit) would require a near complete understanding of its full structure to rebuild it. This is because the file is full off references that point to a specific point in the file, and when the size changes the pointers will point to the wrong position (It's also not simple to determine which values are such pointers).
2.: The main animation table file that links units to the animations has the same problems as the above, though I think it has much less references so this might be solvable.
3.: I still haven't found how the game exactly stores file names (as in I know that the game fo example loads a specific animation from "00190_mat1_b2v1c1.zip" but I don't know how it determines from the roughly 32000 files which one is "00190_mat1_b2v1c1.zip"). In essence this means I can't name new files (that would store animations for a newly added unit).

However it is possible to replace an existing unit and make it a variaton of an other with some limitations:
1. The number of weapons can't be changed on a unit for the above reasons
2. The attack animations are divided into seperate "scenes" (most attack take one scene), the number of scenes can't be increased.

Doing something like taking the textures of the Commander type Zaku II (wich you can use by putting the regular Zaku II in a team leader or master slot) and changing the textures to look like say the EFSF colors would work perfectly tough (in this case putting a regulear Zaku II onto a team leader slot would change it into an EFSF Zaku).

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I wonder... It's is possible to attach sub-flight systems in this game?
If it, should we research them? I don't really played much, knowing that there most likely going to be almost full translation soon (at least in this year, i hope).

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I wonder... It's is possible to attach sub-flight systems in this game?
If it, should we research them?

If you mean things like the Base Jabber or the Dodai, then there are some in the game, however they are only used by specific guest/enemy units on certain missions and you can't install them on your units. Also in this game the animations for most units with a sub flight system is nearly identical to the standard version with the system only showing during evasion. I'm not 100% on this yet, but despite the large similarity, I do believe these units do have a full separate animation set from their standard version.

Last edited by danikk,
Reactions: BetaXenon

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have experimented with the sub-flight system of the Dijeh (which is a Base Jabber), as there is one on stage C5 (The Day of Dakar) that simply reuses the standard Dijeh animations (expect for evading). I have tried to change the animations to reflect that Dijeh is actually on a Base Jabber during attacking (some of them I have cobbled together from 4 different animations).
Here is the end result:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, thx