Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
=) your welcome dude. That's good news. Hold on a sec, are you doing the D stages now? I only ask because the first page with the title, vid and link to the HD patches, it said your doing C stages at the moment. Is it right or does it need to be updated? oh and I was also wondering if there's a before and after video for the HD patches? or any videos for that matter? I remember seeing some linked ages ago but i scanned through the board a bit and couldn't find any.

Yes, the translation have moved from the C stages to the D stages, its just that the first page is not updated very often.
Comparison (and other) videos for the HQ patch: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqaKP88vhg_W7PwEAyrAJBS61EUwY7W9q (There are unit showoff videos using the HQ patch as well on the channel)
Lots of comparison screenshots for the HQ patch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgvbqmj1xr1r3kk/AAB1QwoDjQCEiVo-o93OhDL_a?dl=0

edit: fixed link

Last edited by danikk,

Jake Dalzell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the translation have moved from the C stages to the D stages, its just that the first page is not updated very often.
Comparison (and other) videos for the HQ patch: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqaKP88vhg_W7PwEAyrAJBS61EUwY7W9q (There are unit showoff videos using the HQ patch as well on the channel)
Lots of comparison screenshots for the HQ patch: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Overworld Translation Public/HQ Textures#

ahhh the HQ patch dropbox link only has that starbound mod in it, had a little red popup saying something about gundam texture photos not existing, wasn't up long enough for me to read it properly.

Edit - what's the SB mod dude?

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Jake Dalzell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Jake Dalzell,

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Err... making another video is kinda pointless since the difference isn't that much larger from before. Only D1 is inserted so far. If I'm not wrong, D1, D2, and D4 are done. D3 is the one ongoing.

Jake Dalzell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Err... making another video is kinda pointless since the difference isn't that much larger from before. Only D1 is inserted so far. If I'm not wrong, D1, D2, and D4 are done. D3 is the one ongoing.

glad to hear the D class missions are coming along nicely.

I have a question and since most forums on the game are dead I will ask here although sorry to bother you guys with it -
I notice some units have weapons with no range that don't let me use them, whats that about?
again sorry to post that here but i am truely stumped.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oops. that link only works for me (as its my account), this should work:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgvbqmj1xr1r3kk/AAB1QwoDjQCEiVo-o93OhDL_a?dl=0
I have no idea about the starbound mod, maybe its something you have in your dropbox?

uhm are the pics with your HQ patch the ones with English text or with the Japanese text?
Also will my save game move over to the patched game or is it a new game job?

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a question and since most forums on the game are dead I will ask here although sorry to bother you guys with it -
I notice some units have weapons with no range that don't let me use them, whats that about?
again sorry to post that here but i am truely stumped.
Those are probably the MAP weapons, you can only fire them if you don't move the unit, and they have unique weapon range's instead of the standard circular ones.

uhm are the pics with your HQ patch the ones with English text or with the Japanese text?
Also will my save game move over to the patched game or is it a new game job?
The ones with english text.
normal saved games work with the patched game, quicksaves made with the emulator don't work between patched and normal versions. Also, not relevant to the HQ patch, but in case a stage's data file is modified (translated) then in-stage saves for the stage will not load, instead throw you back into the main menu right before the start of the stage (probably some kind of anti-corruption safety).

Last edited by danikk,
Reactions: Fon Spaak

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, looks like we are up the the "D-Stages" now !!

That is quite a bit a progress in such a short amount of time.

Very happy to see that the summer has allowed everyone some extra time to work on this project.

Also, really enjoying the short youtube videos that pop up every so often ^_^"

Jake Dalzell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those are probably the MAP weapons, you can only fire them if you don't move the unit, and they have unique weapon range's instead of the standard circular ones.

The ones with english text.
normal saved games work with the patched game, quicksaves made with the emulator don't work between patched and normal versions. Also, not relevant to the HQ patch, but in case a stage's data file is modified (translated) then in-stage saves for the stage will not load, instead throw you back into the main menu right before the start of the stage (probably some kind of anti-corruption safety).

Uh ok ill try that see if it works. it had put me off using some pretty powerful MA (not sure the names of most) but i know one was Alpha Azieru.

Thanks for the explanation on the save aspect of this patching process - mostly just glad my caution wasn't just paranoia. =P
I'll make a hard menu save and delete my quick-saves just prior to patching then. I remember reading somewhere with a different fan translation of an Super Robot Taisen game that playing with a Japanese lang save before patching will link the base lang as Japanese after applying the English patch so maybe it does that to counter older issues of "lang locking"? speculation tho can often be wrong so don't take my word as fact on that. thanks for the feedback Danikk very helpful.

Edit - Ironically, I decided to start a new file for this anyway so that I can check the work Danikk did on the unit's combat animations as I'm collecting units plus i haven't played it for a few months and I'm out of touch with my progress. Derp. Kinda made some of my previous concerns inert =P
I may use the file again though.

I was wondering - do you think updating the ppsspp emulator is a good idea? I have read people having problems with some games after updates. Is there a specific version you use and thinks best or are you just getting latest versions as they come?

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I was wondering - do you think updating the ppsspp emulator is a good idea? I have read people having problems with some games after updates. Is there a specific version you use and thinks best or are you just getting latest versions as they come?

I'm currently using the latest version of ppsspp (1.2.2) and everything works perfectly fine. The older versions of the patch didn't work in ppsspp versions newer than 1.0.1 due to a file naming issue (due to the introduction of Case Sensitivity in file names), but it has been resolved in the latest version. I haven't seen much difference between 1.0.1 and 1.2.2 for Overworld, the only thing I noticed, is that quicksaves load/save faster than before.

Reactions: BetaXenon

Jake Dalzell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently using the latest version of ppsspp (1.2.2) and everything works perfectly fine. The older versions of the patch didn't work in ppsspp versions newer than 1.0.1 due to a file naming issue (due to the introduction of Case Sensitivity in file names), but it has been resolved in the latest version. I haven't seen much difference between 1.0.1 and 1.2.2 for Overworld, the only thing I noticed, is that quicksaves load/save faster than before.

Ah cool yeah i vaugely remember reading back a page or two thanks for the reminder. Oh and I started With your HQ patch about 30 minutes or so ago now and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it, looks great so far and I'm watching every combat exchange just in case there's any bugs to spot but so far so good nice one =)

neo.jhu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just found this translate project and it look amazing!!! :bow: I was wondering how I can try this out? I downloaded PPSPP already. Do there any instructions that someone may share? Is there a link somewhere to the translated game? Or do I have to download the ISO somewhere else and replace certain game files?

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just found this translate project and it look amazing!!! :bow: I was wondering how I can try this out? I downloaded PPSPP already. Do there any instructions that someone may share? Is there a link somewhere to the translated game? Or do I have to download the ISO somewhere else and replace certain game files?

Translation is not out yet.

Reactions: AdanK85

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Here is an update on the current progress of the translation:
The names of all units, ships and weapons are currently being revised, with the help of a new tool that I have written, that allows much easier editing, and the ability to circumvent the length limits on these names. This allows many names that had to be shortened to be properly written out, and makes the unit/weapon names look much nicer.
Here are some comparison shots:
Before:
t6wahi.jpg

After:
1z65jr8.jpg

Before:
dokrgm.jpg

After:
2rr5pb4.jpg

G Gundam attack names really benefit from having extra space
2qcgygy.jpg

ohu82v.jpg

16c2tea.jpg

jhymib.jpg

Meanwhile CleanSweep and AdanK are working hard, and making progress on editing stage D3.

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nice!
If / when you have time, I'd recommend using icons instead of letters for terrains. Well, you seem to be doing OK on these screens, but just in case you later run out of screen "real estate". ;)

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Nice!
If / when you have time, I'd recommend using icons instead of letters for terrains. Well, you seem to be doing OK on these screens, but just in case you later run out of screen "real estate". ;)

Well, we could do that, but the game doesn't use Icons for the terrain. We'd have to come up with new icons and IMO that'd be rather silly. We might be able to change the short hand things like "Spce" to full "Space" but otherwise I see no reason to change them IMO.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just call it "Void"? I know that it's kind of against tradition but still...

Because that would be silly and wouldn't make sense. Why would you call it void? Space makes more sense in English. Especially in the context of mobile suit combat capabilities.

EDIT: Also because we can now do full lengths and don't have to worry about constraints.

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an update on the current progress of the translation:
The names of all units, ships and weapons are currently being revised, with the help of a new tool that I have written, that allows much easier editing, and the ability to circumvent the length limits on these names. This allows many names that had to be shortened to be properly written out, and makes the unit/weapon names look much nicer.
Here are some comparison shots:
Before:
t6wahi.jpg

After:
1z65jr8.jpg

Before:
dokrgm.jpg

After:
2rr5pb4.jpg

G Gundam attack names really benefit from having extra space
2qcgygy.jpg

ohu82v.jpg

16c2tea.jpg

jhymib.jpg

Meanwhile CleanSweep and AdanK are working hard, and making progress on editing stage D3.
Does this tool work only on SD Gundam G Generation Overworld or can it work on other games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool