Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was actually wishing to find BGM files as an AT3 extension so i could modify it like Gundam Battle Universe™, In which in my opinion is the best game on PSP™.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I was wondering if we could get BGM tracks from the game, also is it possible if you can put a sub beneath the battle sequence? Just asking.
I found that the music files are scattered among the id files which have the translatable texts, the audio files seem to all start with "RIFF" and are in atrac format. I converted them to mp3 and uploaded them to here (I kept the original filenames): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2zyknu4nb5lji17/AABBQiFSa3Z5rTuP_g55W0jPa?dl=0
If you need the original files I can upload them as well. Besides music these files also contain the mission title announcements.

I also found (converted and uploaded) the video files as well, they start with "PSMF" and seem to be in h264 format, though i'm not sure if its correct. The video files either have no audio on them, or at least I couldn't find it (I also couldn't find them among the ripped audio files).

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video files either have no audio on them, or at least I couldn't find it (I also couldn't find them among the ripped audio files).
I wouldn't be surprised if the audio is called from some other file(s), because that seems to be a common feature of the game's programming. It's caused us some headaches, because the game pulls the dialogue from one file and character names from another, so it's very difficult to know who is speaking to who without A) playing through the level or B) watching a playthough of a level on Youtube... and that's not too helpful when this game loves throwing in minor characters or characters we've never seen before.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was actually wishing to find BGM files as an AT3 extension so i could modify it like Gundam Battle Universe™, In which in my opinion is the best game on PSP™.
The games music is in AT3 it's just missing the extension.
I figured out how to modify the game's music (If you are translating most of the steps are the same):
1. Get the DATAUMD.CPK out of the iso, its in the \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\ directory, you can do this wit any iso editing program (check step 8.)
2. Unpack DATAUMD.CPK with CRIPackedFileMaker (I'm not sure where exactly I found the correct version, so I uploaded a copy to where I put the music files)
3. You should get about 12896 files named "ID#####", some of these are the game's music files (and some the texts that are being translated), you can check my upload for the exact filenames for music, and the first post for text
4. Find the music you want to replace
5. Get the new music and convert it to atrac (this is where I failed, and I can only replace one music with an other from overworld around the game's own music files, presumably other psp game music will work too)
6. Replace the ID file containing the old music with the new file (make sure that it has no extension)
7. Repack the DATAUMD.CPK with the tool you can find on the first page of this thread (post#8)
8. Put back the new DATAUMD.CPK into the iso (remember to make a backup first). I used WinISO for this, you can download the old 5.3 version for free from their website (http://www.winiso.com/download.html)
9. Launch the game and hope it works:)

Since most of the steps are the same I hope this list will make it easier for new translators to get the started as well.

edit: I nearly forgot, the exast size limitation does not apply, the new music can be bigger than the old one

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You've done very great jobs and make a very useful progression for this project, @danikk.
Very nicely done! Thanks a lot for your help.

Anyway, I have come to inform that I have just sign up for the wikia here.
http://ggenoverworld.wikia.com/wiki/GGenOverworld_Wiki

And I have just corrected some mistakes on Generation Break 1 of C-6 mission by changing the name Hilling -> Revive.
And I also adjusted the headings of that page to make it more easier to navigate.
It's good that we can edit the wikia so we can update any outdated information.
Blessings.

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have no idea what happened to the wiki, according to the main page's history it wasn't edited since 2012, and as far as I know the whole wiki is read-only anyway.

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have no idea what happened to the wiki, according to the main page's history it wasn't edited since 2012, and as far as I know the whole wiki is read-only anyway.
Okay. Thanks for answering.
Is it possible that the site is expired or something?
Hope it works again soon.

Anyway, @danikk , do you know where the texts on the weapon cards like "Consumed EN" (消費EN) are located?
Here is the example image from @CrashmanX .
https://i.imgur.com/dirl8Fj.png

We can't seem to find it so far.
Even though we use the searching function of Total Commander, we don't seem to find it.
Any idea?

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

blackmario62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I've made some search about the ggenoverworld.com wiki, and it seems that the bug which appears few days ago is because of a Perl changes which result into a MediaWiki (the solution used to offers the g gen overworld wiki) crash... This bug is resolved but it need a MediaWiki update and if we don't have the full access of the server which is running the wiki we can't do this update and i think this wiki is definitely dead... If someone have access can contact me, i'm a computer engineer and i'm able to restore this wiki. Or if someone have a similar wiki address i could create a new one (with some new fonctions :D)

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Not much from my end. Still in holiday mood after finishing my last exam 2 days ago lolz (I got a lot of pent up "desires" for gaming that needs to be vent out). Will start working on the remainders this weekend :P~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o