R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Okay so I got a 64gb class 10 micro SD card and put it in my phone and it was working well for a while with music and movies. My internal storage ran out on my phone so I thought I should transfer all data to the SD card making it the default storage for my phone (I did this through the storage settings on my phone) so my phone restarted and since then it will not read my SD card at all.

Everything else reads the SD card fine, my MP3 player, my other old phone my PC etc. Other SD cards work in the phone too. I tried formatting it with Panasonic formatter and still nothing. Even tried formatting in the phone. When I insert it, it says blank SD card in notification asking me to format.

Can someone please help because I really need this to work!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's a bitch and a known bitch too. It's memory card mounting, something is broken in the google/android made launcher and anyone who uses their android kit tools to make their own. It was pissing me off hardcore on my shield tablet because anytime I'd have to shut it down, when it came back all my icons were gray and I couldn't access stuff. I even tried pulling the card in/0ut a few times, remounting and unmounting, wouldn't work and eventually then it would.

I read about the bug, found you had to get another launcher and disable googles bug ridden launcher. The best one for free (or pay, but the pay features are just fluff so it's more of a donation) would be NOVA LAUNCHER. Grab that, disable the default, then fire that up as your system launcher of choice.

When you restart cold that tablet, at first it still comes up gray, but it's because nova is attempting to access the card, it may take a little bit (not a minute or really near that) and your gray icons will colorize and you're good to go. I just needs to tell the card hi I see you, mount the data, then let the system know it's ready to rock and you're good. Hopefully Android 6 fixes that crap but 5.X doesn't.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I have (touch wood) fixed the problem. What I did was reformat the card to FAT32 format and it seems to work now. I also set it up to work on my DS Flashcard and now it runs better on the phone because it seems to have settled as a FAT32 after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol