Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the post.
Fascinating. So the bitstream is simply replicated/dumped->flashed versus de-compiled.
Yeah....that RP2040 PIO component is very very cool. Obvious a gateway into better timings needed for all these neat projects.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Chonay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
This thread is already dead or is there another where the topic is hotter? Hahahahaha anyway I hope that by April there will already be progress

Reactions: gol300

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if the dev is having cold feet why not share it from hand to hand (well digitally but whatever). someone will let the cat out of the bag eventually. fault doesn't fall on the dev. maybe I'm just dumb but that sounds like a solution
Yall heard of a digital footprint right, plus its also possible they have already been found by ninjas

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
and you've heard of burner accounts right?

talking about zecoxao? afaik they're not the original dev
Yes I've heard of burner accounts but unless soemthing is released to the public this is dead in the water. It is entirely possible ninjas got to the original dev and gave them a c/d, like they would nip this in the butt before anything could happen.

Chonay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I’ve seen those projects use a regular raspberry pi pico. Is it possible to use the waveflash rp2040 even though it’s smaller? Can I just match the GPIO pins?
Of power you can, only that you are going to have to modify some resistances because in itself what does 80% of the work is the rp2040 that is the center of these rp from what I understand

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
You must have dat0 adapter and pace of Flex Cable that have point to soldring it and it come same hwfly chip or that come core or lite to cpu point in motherbord ... Digram for hwfly and you can hack super easy... Thank you

Last edited by Danook28,

zos117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm... I bought 2... And they came in today! But I don't know what to do with them ... Any info?
you could pico boot a gamecube...
Post automatically merged:

Yes

Most likely yes. The RP2040-Zero appears to be too large to fit in the console. I doubt anyone would buy the board just to modify it to make it smaller, when designing a custom board would be much easier and more cost effective.

lol no
what if we did something like mount it to the back of the plastic shell? and applied a 3d printed enclosure to it. i saw someone do it to
steamdeck with an m.2 extender. I cant find the article again though.

Last edited by zos117,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you could pico boot a gamecube...
Post automatically merged:

what if we did something like mount it to the back of the plastic shell? and applied a 3d printed enclosure to it. i saw someone do it to
steamdeck with an m.2 extender. I cant find the article again though.
Signal wire length?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1