SmileMan

OP
Trophies
Website
nintendoring.net
XP
Country
Italy
I've a DsOne (This: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4002/bild007hu9.jpg), and all the time i open the MicroSd on the Pc, i see a lot of disorder. Then, i'm asking if the DsOne can replace the Rom in a directory, the saves in a other directory and the RealTime Saves again, in a other directory. And still recognize them.

Thanks, SmileMan.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, unfortunately all .SAV and .SCI files are placed within the same folder as the game it belongs to. Also it should be noted that when the SCDS1 creates a .SAV file for the first time it will save it in a DOS format name (YOUR GAME NAME.nds becomes YOURGA~1.SAV.) so you might want to rename the .SAV later on. As long as you name it EXACTLY like your game, it will still recognize the .SAV file. I'd recommend getting DSOrganize so you can take care of the contents of your Micro SD on the fly instead of having to pull out the SD card each time. Another tip for if your card gets too cluttered is place each NDS game in a separate folder or separate it by perhaps genre.

Since I myself devote half my SD card to games and the other half to music I just back up all my saves to my PC and only keep the ones for games I'm currently playing on there. Also it might help to once and awhile delete the stray .SCI files you don't need as the SCDS1 just makes them and never deletes them when you're finished. More info than ya needed I know but hope it helps.

SmileMan

OP
Trophies
Website
nintendoring.net
XP
Country
Italy
Mhn.. Thanks, but i have a question, the .SAV and the .SCI only need to stay with the corrispondent game, right? Then, if i make a directory for which game they work well?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SmileMan said:
Mhn.. Thanks, but i have a question, the .SAV and the .SCI only need to stay with the corrispondent game, right? Then, if i make a directory for which game they work well?
That's correct. As long as the game is in the same folder as the .SAV and the .SCI it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission