Hacking savemiifrii

wilcd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wonder who is the biggest asshole ,,the guy posting the video or you shutting up this trick and trying to sell 1000pcs to different users getting them cheated when they can make the same thing for a simple "gamecube pad keys combo"

Photokon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilcd said:
i wonder who is the biggest asshole ,,the guy posting the video or you shutting up this trick and trying to sell 1000pcs to different users getting them cheated when they can make the same thing for a simple "gamecube pad keys combo"

how is he an asshole for using his own work and trying to make money off of it? YOU had no idea that you could fix your wii, so why should he have to give that to you for FREE? You are retarded.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Savegame on the SD card isn't enough... if you banner brick, you won't be able to get it off the SD card and on to the wii.

It has to be on the wii before you brick.

Can we please try to get this back on topic guys... I don't care who thinks who is an asshole...

I just want to get to the bottom of why I can't boot anything when I am in recovery mode... has anyone had any luck booting when getting in to recovery mode this way?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Marcan did nothing wrong - a lot of people dont have gamepads so they will be faced with the choice of getting a pad or getting a savemii when they are released ... the savemii is probably a better solution for those that want to recover their wii

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
SanGor said:
kinda funny that you didn't see it and created extra hardware to trigger it.
You gotta admit his situation is funnier and redundant. Besides:

sysmenusavemii.png

The savemii part is quite a bit easier to relate to the recovery mode than a stray pad read in the middle of nowhere that IDA doesn't know how to cross reference to the actual check code (the only way I figured that out was by looking in the SDK for the appropriate pad structure and counting bytes by hand).

For those who don't know, wilcd is the guy behind wiinja. Well, he's the guy behind the marketing - he hires programmers then cheats them into doing the stuff for him and then fucks them over (hasn't happened to me, but he did do it to a couple friends).

I think it'd be better if wilcd just shuts the fuck up, because I'm pretty sure I can dig up a lot of crap about him. Certainly more than he can dig up about me.

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilcd said:
It is by no means a simple "gamecube pad keys combo". You still need to crack open a gamecube pad that runs somewhere between $10 and $20, and quite possibly ruining it in the process. Considering this, SaveMii being a highly specialized tool is not at all that outrageously priced.

Just because you can hammer in a nail with a frying pan doesn't make people selling hammers cheats.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Sorry marcan,

You took all this right into the wrong way... From now on how do you expect people to trust you / team tweezers?

I myself sought for help in both wiibrew forums and in your blog... you are not being of any help was just because you wanted to make more money out of this savemii business... Hell I ordered it... here is a transcript of my mail exchange with bushing, notice how he cuts the communication as soon as he hears about the datel freeloader disc...

QUOTE said:
Oct. 15
Hello SaveMii,

WiiCrazy has sent you the following message:
Question regarding order #811059749491515:
Hi there, I'd like to track my package yet there is a slight problem. Our Postal service can't track it without the barcode number of the original shipment. Do you have it? Or can you ask it from where you posted? Regards, WiiCrazy
Order Details - Sep 25, 2008 10:09 PM GMT+03:00
Google Order #811059749491515

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Shipped 1SaveMii recovery device - Repair device for use with Nintendo Wii game console $30.00

Tax :$0.00

----------
Oct. 15
I sent this as USPS First Class (like a letter), which doesn't provide a tracking number. If you haven't received it by Friday, let me know and I'll send out another one; thanks for your patience.
-b

----------
Oct. 16
Our postal service is notorious for late delivery, so I can wait one or two weeks more. If that doesn't work then we can arrange another shipment.
And thanks for the reply

WiiCrazy

----------
Oct. 27
Well I've waited for another week, still I didn't have the thing.. I have to accept your offer for another shipment... Will it be again non-tracking type First Class mail?

By the way, how did it go with the freeloader sent from Datel? Does it really boots elfs off the sd card?

regards,

ps: here is WiiCrazy @ wiibrew forum
----------
Nov. 03
And your response?

WiiCrazy

You lied to people saying you looked everywhere that there was no easy method to activate recovery menu... but damn it was just an easy job for you to hunt for the gc pad accesses in the system menu. I don't believe you didn't know this before you gave a big order to produce savemiis in china... People just overlooked those parts because they trusted you... But you don't deserve to be trusted... none of you tweezers...

Even the hype that you create about your over testing your code is just bullshit... now I can see savemii can't do anything about a banner brick with bad 0.app archive... (System files corrupted case) Those on 2.0 menus suffered from another problem... You didn't bother to test these cases even you had an option to unbrick your wiis with an infectus...

What else... nothing...

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
jus my two cents..

Marcan u did no wrong in my opinion dude...

and to behonest the same thing could be said about chip developers when you can use a softmod loader...

you either use a software hack or you pay your money and you get specialized hardware to do the job.

simple.

lillboden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SenorClean said:
Same here... has anyone actually been able to boot anything from the recovery mode?

Ive tested the autoboot function and it works flawlessy. Tested with wadmanager autoboot iso. It boots directly when i insert disc on 3.2E recovery screen

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I't wont boot for me I have an Intel Gamecube control and I took it apart i hold all four d-pad buttons down and it don't boot.Can anyone help?

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Using bold instead of quotes sometimes because of the retarded limit.

You took all this right into the wrong way... From now on how do you expect people to trust you / team tweezers?
Here we go again.

I myself sought for help in both wiibrew forums and in your blog...
Quite honestly, blog comments aren't exactly the best way of seeking help. As for the forum, I'm not necessarily a regular either.

you are not being of any help was just because you wanted to make more money out of this savemii business...
wha?

Hell I ordered it... here is a transcript of my mail exchange with bushing, notice how he cuts the communication as soon as he hears about the datel freeloader disc...
Actually, he's kind of been busy with work lately. Such as taking a 10-day trip to china (SaveMii unrelated). Thanks for drawing your own conclusions though.

And he certainly did not cut communication due to the freeloader thing. Hell, he's actually interested in it.

In case you're wondering, he doesn't even know about this yet, nor have I been able to contact him. He's a busy guy.

Remember, he has a real job and I have university. Wii dev is a hobby.

You lied to people saying you looked everywhere that there was no easy method to activate recovery menu...
Dude, at least two groups of people looked hard at that part of the system menu (us and crediar) and neither of us found anything. crediar didn't even suspect that this even existed until today. It's not trivial unless you're looking at an old 2.x menu, but we got there too late once SaveMii was already well on track.

but damn it was just an easy job for you to hunt for the gc pad accesses in the system menu.
If it's so easy why didn't anyone else figure it out either?

I don't believe you didn't know this before you gave a big order to produce savemiis in china...
You're putting me in a great position here. How am I supposed to prove that I didn't know this? Magic? I can produce IRC logs if you want, but those can be faked, so that's rather futile.

People just overlooked those parts because they trusted you... But you don't deserve to be trusted... none of you tweezers...
Fine, stop using our stuff and certainly stop buying our stuff. Have a good day. Thanks, bye.

Even the hype that you create about your over testing your code is just bullshit... now I can see savemii can't do anything about a banner brick with bad 0.app archive... (System files corrupted case)
What? It can fix all of those problems as long as you have the option of using fakesigned discs. Hell, we even drew pretty diagrams for you to follow. We made it very clear that this isn't some magic fix, and that there are certain conditions that need to be met. Everyone knows what SaveMii does. It boots autoboot fakesigned discs. On 3.x it installs any updates. On 2.x it installs autoboot updates. Period.

Those on 2.0 menus suffered from another problem...
Mostly related to using bad ISOs. I even made a disc to make 2.x boot unautoboot discs as a sort of preloader (menuloader style), but never got around to releasing it because other things like the new update got in the way, and then I forgot about it.

You didn't bother to test these cases even you had an option to unbrick your wiis with an infectus
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have an infectus and have never had one. If my Wii is bricked then I am thoroughly screwed. Unlike Waninkoko, I didn't opt to sell myself to some website in exchange for an infectused Wii. And as much as I screw around with mine, I'm *really* careful about stuff that could brick it.

What else... nothing...
Right.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
It's also well established by several of us that he, indeed, is one hell of an asshole, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

Well said. I've been saying this to everyone for a while. The guy is a nutter. We where pretty happy stocking wiininja ages ago - but the guy short shipped up on a couple of products, and never sent them again. When we asked him to send the missing items he pretty told us to 'stfu' as we are 'too small' to complain.

Missing items only cost about 60 euro...but his wanker attitude ended up costing him a relationship with us...the biggest wii modchip sellers in Australia.

Anyways, i find it funny - because the guys that made wiiboss (the inferface to open source modchips) where the first people to dump wiikey v1 code...and joked to Mr. Wiinja about dumping wiinja deluxe. Wiinja responded by threatening the guy, saying he has people in Australia that he knows well 'watch out of your wife and kids'

hehe. As I said, he a bit of a nutter.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkLG said:
I't wont boot for me I have an Intel Gamecube control and I took it apart i hold all four d-pad buttons down and it don't boot.Can anyone help?

are you plugged into port 4 ?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I took everything apart I just have four d-pad marks which I pushed on and it didn't work would it be easier if I used a normal gamecube controller?or if any has the same controller could someone take pics on how to do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A