Hacking savemiifrii

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
We figured this out once we had already placed an order for 1000 SaveMiis in china, and weren't about to commit financial suicide by immediately blurting it on the internets. Had we known this from the start we wouldn't have even made SaveMii to start with (we'd just tell people to use GC pads). It's obvious if you look at a 2.x system menu, but not so obvious if you look at 3.x which is what we were studying, so it's mostly bad luck.

In other news, it seems that the guy that makes the Wiinja chips decided to post this specifically to screw us over because he doesn't like us.

The SaveMii has nothing to do with GC control pads. You can't even emulate a GC pad with the hardware on the SaveMii, even if you wanted to. There are two distinct ways of triggering the recovery mode, and we only knew about one of them until relatively recently.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried it out...

3rd party GCN controller - which allows all 4 d-pad buttons to be pressed at once... not sure if this is normal. It's a pretty dodgy ~$10 black one from dealextreme.

PAL Wii, 3.3E (the old 3.3), Wasabi v1 with 1.4fw. It seems to only work in port 4... and even then, when I put in a game I just get black screen. Wiimotes won't sync, 3.3 (EUR) goes away.

I've tried other controller ports, and memory cards out, and leaving the dpad buttons pressed after putting in the disc but haven't had any luck.

Am I missing something to get games to autoboot? I've tried an auto boot flagged copy of zelda, and wii sports original. Both give me a black screen once the disc has spun up.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah mine only works on port 4 as well - ive got it working quite a few times now . its easy enough once you get it once (like most things)

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Wiinja chips
hey i like team wiinja so reliable, ive had my wii since it came out and had wiinja v2 since it came out, never ever had a problem
smile.gif

oh well guess that was a waste of hard work marcan, onwards and upwards and all that, still appreciate all your work many thanx
smile.gif

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@ Nov 3 2008 said:
[21:18:25] yeah, we found that about a month ago
[21:18:29] I have a semi-broken controller
[21:18:34] the pad trigger isn't nearly as obvious as the memory card thing
[21:18:36] why didn't you tell anyone

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
hey i like team wiinja so reliable, ive had my wii since it came out and had wiinja v2 since it came out, never ever had a problem
smile.gif
Reliable or not, the guy behind wiinja has time and time again proven to be one of the most collosal assholes known to earth.

Just saying.

Screemer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marcan said:
We figured this out once we had already placed an order for 1000 SaveMiis in china, and weren't about to commit financial suicide by immediately blurting it on the internets. Had we known this from the start we wouldn't have even made SaveMii to start with (we'd just tell people to use GC pads). It's obvious if you look at a 2.x system menu, but not so obvious if you look at 3.x which is what we were studying, so it's mostly bad luck.

In other news, it seems that the guy that makes the Wiinja chips decided to post this specifically to screw us over because he doesn't like us.

The SaveMii has nothing to do with GC control pads. You can't even emulate a GC pad with the hardware on the SaveMii, even if you wanted to. There are two distinct ways of triggering the recovery mode, and we only knew about one of them until relatively recently.
that's bad luck. in my eyes it doesn't make a big difference if you order a savemii or have to purchase a gc-controller. i would recommend to go with savemii if you don't own a gc-pad already. bad luck for marcan and bushing. can't blame them.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Reliable or not, the guy behind wiinja has time and time again proven to be one of the most collosal assholes known to earth.

Just saying
lol, he's let it be known at the wrong time i must admit.......That's made use look a little bad and conning now (in the eyes of some) why doesn't he like you marcan?

WiiCrazy, pretty dam fooked your wii at the minute lol.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Well I was able to boot into recovery menu with the gc pad thing... yet still I can't boot anything... poor me...

Same here... has anyone actually been able to boot anything from the recovery mode?

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
lol, he's let it be known at the wrong time i must admit.......That's made use look a little bad and conning now (in the eyes of some)
No, I mean, he's been recently blurting out things like "I should have cloned SaveMii, which is fucking easy for us, to screw these guys over" because we weren't giving him some IOS disassembly or something silly like that.

He must have actually tried to clone it and stumbled into the pad thing.

It's also well established by several of us that he, indeed, is one hell of an asshole, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

Photokon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the savemii info, should I install system menu 3.3? I don't have a mod chip and in its diagrams it keeps pointing out that if you have 3.3 you won't need a mod chip to unbrick yourself.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
crediar - is he the same person that created starfall? how does he know about that anyway?
crediar created starfall and is somehow involved in all this too, but I think the wiinja guy just told him and then crediar figured this out sort-of-himself simultaneously. I'm pretty sure the wiinja guy (or someone he told) posted the video.

Kinda funny that he didn't see the pad read when he was adding his OWN pad read as part of starfall though.

Screemer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you have 3.3 and no drivechip you won't be able to recover. assumed you don't have twighlight-save on your wii. to stay with 3.2 is what i recommend.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got some black sticky tape and put it in 4 small balls where the left right up and down are - and covered over the controller (on this inside) a few times so the 4 buttons are always pressed down.

Once i screwed the controller back together with the tape in place all 4 buttons are pressed and it now boots to firmware screen every time for me - i have tried the other ports and only port 4 works.

Just an idea for anyone interested.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you can recover if you have savemii, an original copy of twilight princess and the twilight hack savegame already on your wii.

It's not worth updating if you don't have games that need it, unless you need to use the shop channel.

Of course, if you just don't screw around with banners, it isn't really a problem. It's best to keep the latest twilight hack savegame on your wii just in case though.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marcan said:
djdynamite123 said:
crediar - is he the same person that created starfall? how does he know about that anyway?
crediar created starfall and is somehow involved in all this too, but I think the wiinja guy just told him and then crediar figured this out sort-of-himself simultaneously. I'm pretty sure the wiinja guy (or someone he told) posted the video.

Kinda funny that he didn't see the pad read when he was adding his OWN pad read as part of starfall though.

kinda funny that you didn't see it and created extra hardware to trigger it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ