Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i can test naruto meet me in that chat also i got online in bomberman wiiware.

i have a laptop mouse. i could look for my usb mouse through...

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black Ops is really the only game I play much online. The thought of not being able to play multiplayer without the remote almost sickens me. I don't want to play it on the Xbox, I don't even want to play it on PC, it's all about the Wii version IMO.

I got to thinking about the combat training mode, which unfortunately can only be entered once you establish an online connection. Used to be the same way on the 360 until they released a patch which made it accessible when offline. I highly doubt Treyarch or Activision is going to do anything about it. But I wonder if it's feasible in the homebrew scene. Seems all that would need to be done is to trick the game into thinking it's connected, once that is established, the Combat Training mode is right there on the main menu. Or maybe it's possible there is another method of accessing CT mode.. Playing bots beats not playing at all.

wiifan_zangief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm so sorry I didn't know about this project earlier.
I could have helped. I've got a lot of online capable games.
:(
I'm currently not where my Wii is (but I was not too long ago) and the servers have been shut down yesterday, I assume.
I've got a question: Does this project also help the Dolphin?
I've heard some games work online via Dolphin (Dolphin to Dolphin), while others don't.
(I'm not into the whole Dolphin thing yet; I'm just curious)

Black Ops is really the only game I play much online. The thought of not being able to play multiplayer without the remote almost sickens me. I don't want to play it on the Xbox, I don't even want to play it on PC, it's all about the Wii version IMO.

I got to thinking about the combat training mode, which unfortunately can only be entered once you establish an online connection. Used to be the same way on the 360 until they released a patch which made it accessible when offline. I highly doubt Treyarch or Activision is going to do anything about it. But I wonder if it's feasible in the homebrew scene. Seems all that would need to be done is to trick the game into thinking it's connected, once that is established, the Combat Training mode is right there on the main menu. Or maybe it's possible there is another method of accessing CT mode.. Playing bots beats not playing at all.

I know. The same is true about the genius survival mode in Modern Warfare 3.
I feel exactly the same way about the remote.
Let's hope Treyarch (or Activision) at least will bring the new Call of Duty to WiiU. Black Ops 2 and Ghosts support the Wiimote, but I don't have a WiiU yet.

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yeah i can test naruto meet me in that chat also i got online in bomberman wiiware.

i have a laptop mouse. i could look for my usb mouse through...
Oops, sorry, just noticed that the page has been added. Cool, right now?
Just tell me the games you need to capture. If I have them, I'll be able to online with you.
By IRC, did you meant Rizon? Sorry, but the server is always out of connection after a while. Are you okay with PM?
I meant USB Mouse. It's alright if you want to use laptop mouse, but good luck playing using it, lol.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found my mouse i just don't know how to set it up for these type of games. i'll PM the game i want to test now.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a question about packets also. should i try to play very quick or very slow?

makarios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CueSports Pool Revolution (WiiWare) is still working, and we are going to capture more packets for it.
Sadly I was never able to actually get a match of Tetris Party. The only packets I captured for it was me sitting in the lobby waiting for a match.

~makarios~

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I'm now 11 weeks working intensively on the Wiimmfi-Project and put into it all my spare time. And yesterday, Nintendo stopped their servers. And now I have to pause a little first. But before pausing, I have to fix many small bugs of my to-do list. That's enough work for one week.

Therefore, I will not add new games at the moment, unless it's just a configuration thing. Anyway, since no new dumps can be drawn, new games can just wait. And it also does not help when I am overwhelmed with personal messages I get already to many in 3 forums.

Some other important things:

Reactions: panmusic

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm anyway we can get the. CoD: wow/bo1/mw1/mw3 servers back up for the DS/Wii games. Meroid:PH DS & Conduit 1 & 2 Wii.

Edit: with that being said what's the possibility of adding DLC to the CoD Wii games now?

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now 11 weeks working intensively on the Wiimmfi-Project and put into it all my spare time. And yesterday, Nintendo stopped their servers. And now I have to pause a little first. But before pausing, I have to fix many small bugs of my to-do list. That's enough work for one week.

Therefore, I will not add new games at the moment, unless it's just a configuration thing. Anyway, since no new dumps can be drawn, new games can just wait. And it also does not help when I am overwhelmed with personal messages I get already to many in 3 forums.

Actually I believe new dumps still can be drawn. Many games are still online at the moment. I personally think grabbing the network packets of those before they go offline should be top priority for now.

wiifan_zangief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually I believe new dumps still can be drawn. Many games are still online at the moment. I personally think grabbing the network packets of those before they go offline should be top priority for now.

The problem will be that many games are barely being played. You would need a friend who does it with you.

I was able to play (for old times' sake) some matches in Battalion Wars, Pro Evolution Soccer and Last Story. But I waited quite a while.
I'm so sorry I didn't know about collecting the data. I would have done it.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem will be that many games are barely being played. You would need a friend who does it with you.

That's the idea!

I have dolphin, but I don't have a router or a real Wii. If someone wants to get together on skype and needs someone to netplay with to capture data, I am more than willing to play and help gather packets. Send me a PM

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

makarios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In faith, I am going to capture more data for CueSports (it's still online), even though none of the other games I submitted data for are on the posted list.

~makarios~

Reactions: daicon

makarios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, this may just be my milkshake talking... but, since we have a custom server, I wonder how hard it would be to patch the non-wfc games to make them online.

What I mean is, basically trick the game into thinking an online player is a local player (the same way SNES emulators do). Wii Sports online could be done using this method.

~makarios~

Reactions: Blueie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_epmoLeRGA