Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

The_Master_E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this experience has taught us anything, it's that nothing is truly infinite.

What we should probably do is capture SSL packets for all games that don't have dedicated server availabilities. So that we don't have to have this feeling of loss ever again.

Reactions: Blueie

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Yeah, just use the tool to change your connection back - or do it in the system settings menu.

PAL should be fine, I don't think online is region locked here.

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tetris Party, Bomberman Blast, Reload (leader-boards), and Big Brain Academy

~makarios~
If Bomberman Blast is down, that means Deca Sports 2 and 3 are down as well.
Also, Tetris Party was down right from the 20th May.
Do you have other games that you want to capture? Since I can't use WireShark, I can only have someone to join with me.

makarios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those were the only online games that I have besides Mario Kart and Brawl, which are already working so no need.
Thanks for the offer though.

~makarios~

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
If this experience has taught us anything, it's that nothing is truly infinite.

What we should probably do is capture SSL packets for all games that don't have dedicated server availabilities. So that we don't have to have this feeling of loss ever again.

It'll happen again and again because publishers don't give a damn about preserving their software or its functionality.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope they are just trying to stay in business and keeping servers running is expensive. But what they should do is if they no longer care to keep the network (or whatever) going, then put it in the public domain. Of course that may be complicated if the leased the technology to make the product and don't have the right to just release it.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope they are just trying to stay in business and keeping servers running is expensive. But what they should do is if they no longer care to keep the network (or whatever) going, then put it in the public domain. Of course that may be complicated if the leased the technology to make the product and don't have the right to just release it.
Yeah I do agree. There really should be some form of consumer rights for online games where if the game goes offline, the company is liable to release the server software in some form..

I'm likely looking at it too simplistically but something's gotta give.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I was wondering how one would get Wi-Fi to work once again on DS games? I've patched my Wii games (so far only MKW and Brawl) and they connect, but I haven't found a patcher for DS games yet.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is there any way of obtaining an already exsiting wfc profile from Nintendo's server for use with wiimm's wiimmfi server beyond the cut-off date? :/

Edit: Even if, it's from a save file which contains some kind of data.

As i'm planning on using my old Wii NAND Backup with Dolphin Emulator (which is already set-up for use on-line).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!