Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Mine just freezes and doesn't dump anything :| I finally updated and figured I'd still be able to edit my AC town but... doesn't look like it now T___T

Tubehax doesn't load half the time and Ironfall is gone... my timing is always so good
Tubehax always works if you're not connecting it to a rerouter. Just connect it directly to the main router and set the DNS and it will work fine. Else the DNS clash happens.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A rerouter? I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean... can you please explain?
Like if you connect it to an extension router. Some people tend to not like the default routers given by telecommunication companies, so they buy their own routers and hook that up to the main one since that's easier to customize.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like if you connect it to an extension router. Some people tend to not like the default routers given by telecommunication companies, so they buy their own routers and hook that up to the main one since that's easier to customize.
Oh, well I don't have a rerouter, it just either doesn't load or crashes and the system needs to restart... buuuut oddly enough if i tap the screen constantly it WILL work, every time.

I did a little trial and error and it will indeed load while I'm tapping the screen. The save data manager just doesn't work at all. Black screen with random colored pixelation.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a newb question, can this program be used to:

1) Backup and restore a retail cart save game?
2) Backup a retail save to CIA?
3) Backup a save from CIA and restore to retail?

If the answers are yes, can it also be don on a sky3ds card?

Katie Tamouzian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if this still works with firmware 10.1? I don't want to upgrade without further confirmation, because when i upgraded from 9.9 to 10.0, it didn't work for me for like a week till i started tinkering with the files.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh, well I don't have a rerouter, it just either doesn't load or crashes and the system needs to restart... buuuut oddly enough if i tap the screen constantly it WILL work, every time.

I did a little trial and error and it will indeed load while I'm tapping the screen. The save data manager just doesn't work at all. Black screen with random colored pixelation.
I'm on OFW 10.1.0.27 and it works fine for me without issues. Also smealum mentioned you need to hold start while youtube loads for it to reset/crash then it will work again.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/643874942849818624

You also need to specify what version of Ninjhax are you using, what firmware, do you have any previously backed up saves done. And yes the main UI is just 3 lines, A to backup, B to restore, X to exit.

I have a newb question, can this program be used to:

1) Backup and restore a retail cart save game?
2) Backup a retail save to CIA?
3) Backup a save from CIA and restore to retail?

If the answers are yes, can it also be don on a sky3ds card?

If you're taking about backing up saves from a Sky3DS game, then yes, but you must press the button after playing for the recent save to be written on the card as it changes to the next game, then shuffle back to the game so it can be backed up.

1. Yes.
2. Probably, I have no experience with CIA.
3. Again, probably.

I've backed up my digital save of Bravely Default, and wrote the save into the Sky3DS Bravely.

Although remember, one save game at a time. And you must have an existing save to overwrite when restoring or it won't work you'll just get an error.

Can anyone confirm if this still works with firmware 10.1? I don't want to upgrade without further confirmation, because when i upgraded from 9.9 to 10.0, it didn't work for me for like a week till i started tinkering with the files.

It never broke anything since 9.9. I've been able to use it without issues, and I'm on OFW. You probably had previous saves present in the backup folder.

Last edited by Misledz,

Ace001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..is there anyway i can use this if i use the cubic ninja cart? wouldnt the exploit crash if i change the game to extract it's save?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So..is there anyway i can use this if i use the cubic ninja cart? wouldnt the exploit crash if i change the game to extract it's save?

The exploit is only needed to get to the homebrew, you can back up the save but you'll have a hard time with getting the exploit to work when you upgrade since the save data saves your current info to auto run the exploit.

Wolfdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this ever have NDS support?
Or is there a different tool that can dump retail cartridge NDS saves on the 3ds.
I'm thinking it's not possible right now considering NDS games don't run on emuNAND.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm using tubehax 2.1, OFW 10.1.0.27U
Likewise and mine works flawlessly. As the OP said that the static lines appear when you launch it always but then settle down and you get the menu. Would you kindly state the steps you're doing and where the error occurs? So I can help where I can.

Reactions: Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Likewise and mine works flawlessly. As the OP said that the static lines appear when you launch it always but then settle down and you get the menu. Would you kindly state the steps you're doing and where the error occurs? So I can help where I can.
"settle down" :D bwahaha! I'm settled dude, don't worry :) I let it sit for minutes and it doesn't show me anything, but it turns out that it's working, the menu just never comes up and attempting to exit just freezes my system. Does this also happen for you?

Thanks a lot!

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to start save_manager I just get this on my screen:
3dsxl.JPG

I am using TubeHax and the target is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The same thing happens when I use svdt. Anything I can do to fix this?
my OFW is 10.1.0.27U

The functionality works but so far it's been doing this for both save data managers (svdt and save data manager)

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Whenever I try to start save_manager I just get this on my screen:
3dsxl.JPG

I am using TubeHax and the target is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The same thing happens when I use svdt. Anything I can do to fix this?
my OFW is 10.1.0.27U

The functionality works but so far it's been doing this for both save data managers (svdt and save data manager)

Its only happening for old3ds. MH4U uses extra ram so that why it caused the glitchy screen. just ignore it and use it like normal

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Target title selector
The application you're trying to run requires that you select a target
No adequate target file could be found. :(

Error that i get
N3dsXL 9.0.0
gateway Emunand->cubic ninja entry
latest boot file