Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saturn Bomberman IS a game I tested before. It may have been the first one actually. No special characters.
I should have asked, do I need to manually rename the .cue file to GuardianForce.cue or does the script do this?
rename it yourself and pste it to the RomFS folder, try that until you get an answer

dj5927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
일부 버그를 수정하기 위해 스크립트를 업데이트했으며(이전 버전에 있는 경우 "Saturn_emu_inject_datas\games" 폴더를 삭제하세요) 네 개의 파일 "WD_001.tex"가 포함된 폴더에서 사용자 정의 배경 화면을 추가할 수 있는 가능성을 추가했습니다. "에서 "WD_004.tex"로.

이전 버전의 주입은 GuardianForce(내 테스트 게임)에서만 작동했습니다. 이것은 "control.nacp" 파일 마녀가 다른 두 게임에 대해 올바르지 않았기 때문에 발생했습니다. 이제 스크립트는 원래 게임의 "control.nacp"를 사용합니다. 그렇게 하면 더 좋을 것입니다.
Where can I get the program?
I want to test it too.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rename it yourself and pste it to the RomFS folder, try that until you get an answer

Couldn't just tell me if you renamed yours?
Regardless, I'm not able to create a game now. Something in the script update broke it I believe @shadow256
It doesn't ask you for a title.keys file anymore, idk if that's intentional, but after confirming everything, the script starts at Step 3, goes to Step 4, and that's where it fails. "An error occurred during the process, check your source files and remaining space on the hard drives"

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i tried it and everything is empty, nothing shows on top
This proved quite dificult, this .tex not only contains .png images pieces for buttons, overlays, text etc... but the position of every part, if the offset shift from the original it will freeze the game. So the block that contains the pieces position must have the same offset than the original.

So I created a shell from %PNG magic and IEND, thanks to @JRoad for pointing IEND magic, filled with zeroes, edited the png and pasted it to my created shell. It has the exact same file size as the original as result.

And worked in the end.

It should work with all the games, but I only tested with cotton2.

Attachments

• Texture.rar
    706.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by cucholix,

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This proved quite dificult, this .tex not only contains .png images pieces for buttons, overlays, text etc... but the position of every part, if the offset shift from the original it will freeze the game. So the block that contains the pieces position must have the same offset than the original.

So I created a shell from %PNG magic and IEND, thanks to @JRoad for IEND magic, filled with zeroes, edited the png and pasted it to my created shell. It has the exact same file size as the original as result.

And worked in the end.

actually i had difficulty in doing it too and i discussed with you in Discord lol
i need you to do one more thing
the settings file has an option to give a blank wallpaper but i also want to have a png with a black background to inject it over the default background

example Cotton2 default Background is 2 girls, i want .tex file to be black or blank, no images

i can take the custom saturn images that was share earlier, but id prefer to have clear version, ill explain why later

dj5927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

So I created a shell from %PNG magic and IEND, thanks to @JRoad for IEND magic, filled with zeroes, edited the png and pasted it to my created shell. It has the exact same file size as the original as result.

And worked in the end.

Works well in all games.
thank you.

Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
actually i had difficulty in doing it too and i discussed with you in Discord lol
i need you to do one more thing
the settings file has an option to give a blank wallpaper but i also want to have a png with a black background to inject it over the default background

example Cotton2 default Background is 2 girls, i want .tex file to be black or blank, no images

i can take the custom saturn images that was share earlier, but id prefer to have clear version, ill explain why later
Just copy the smallest .tex (it’s the black background) in wallpapers and replace the others and rename them.

Reactions: ZER-O

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Normaly the script rename everything that should be renamed, no need to do it manualy.

Forr now I don't see what's going on with problems described since 4.3.189 release, I will do some tests. I also need to have more details on the params used to create the game, a copy-past of the sumary could help me to reproduce and debug.

Reactions: Levine91

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i did not, the private app author said he could rename all steings, so i left the cue name same as the original NSP
tell me if its possible to extract Success, zebra engine images from the NSP, i want to replace them with SEGA Logo and Sega Saturn Name Logo followed by Sega Saturn Image Logo

when you start the NSP you get greeted by 3 Logos, if you can extract the 3 images, i will edit them with pictures i shared below

also try and inject this file :Clean_Menu_Texture.rar use the Textur.tex made by cucholix and replace the file inside the NSP

and for the wallpaper backgrounds replace the .tex files with this one (dont forget to rename them properly, they are for Guardian Force
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/wallpaper-zip.279278/
by @dj5927

I think I worded that oddly, I meant did you manually rename the new Saturn game (example: Saturn Bomberman USA.cue) to the proper "GuardianForce.cue" but I still understood your response and got my answer.

I have no idea how the extraction of the texture files and then being able to see what they are works, so someone else will have to answer on that part.

I will however try to the clear menu texture and wallpapers you mentioned when possible

Reactions: ZER-O

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normaly the script rename everything that should be renamed, no need to do it manualy.

Forr now I don't see what's going on with problems described since 4.3.189 release, I will do some tests. I also need to have more details on the params used to create the game, a copy-past of the sumary could help me to reproduce and debug.

I've attached a text file with everything from my last attempt awhile ago.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attachments

• Saturn Inject Info.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 85

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Levine91: Nothing seems to indicate improper params or something else (just a display miss in the sumary in english language but will be fixed on next version), I can't reproduce your issue. Try to select the NSP of GuardianForce as a source, maybe the game isn't build correctly. Did you deleted "Saturn_emu_inject_datas\games" folder (based on launching main .bat file) just before or after the update of the script?

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I worded that oddly, I meant did you manually rename the new Saturn game (example: Saturn Bomberman USA.cue) to the proper "GuardianForce.cue" but I still understood your response and got my answer.

I have no idea how the extraction of the texture files and then being able to see what they are works, so someone else will have to answer on that part.

I will however try to the clear menu texture and wallpapers you mentioned when possible
in 48 hours ill PM details with extracted images from the NSP, i must do something else for the time being

Reactions: Levine91

dj5927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@Levine91: Nothing seems to indicate improper params or something else (just a display miss in the sumary in english language but will be fixed on next version), I can't reproduce your issue. Try to select the NSP of GuardianForce as a source, maybe the game isn't build correctly. Did you deleted "Saturn_emu_inject_datas\games" folder (based on launching main .bat file) just before or after the update of the script?

The prod.keys key was the problem. NSP creation has been completed and operation has been confirmed.

But the wallpaper change doesn't seem to be applied.
please check.

WP_GF_001.tex
WP_GF_002.tex
WP_GF_003.tex
WP_GF_004.tex

I put it in the wallpaper folder with the file name as above.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I deleted the folder before I relaunched the script to attempt the build you have the log of.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I've been using an NSP of Guardian Force as my base every time.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prod.keys key was the problem. NSP creation has been completed and operation has been confirmed.

But the wallpaper change doesn't seem to be applied.
please check.

WP_GF_001.tex
WP_GF_002.tex
WP_GF_003.tex
WP_GF_004.tex

I put it in the wallpaper folder with the file name as above.

Wait how was the prod.keys the problem? How were you able to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently