Hacking Samurai Warriors 3 NTSC-U on NTSC console: Black Screen after creating save data

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have EXACTLY the same problem but with a PAL game on PAL vWii.

I tried to load the game with every cIOS installed,tried every video settings (force pal 50hz) but the game displays a black screen after save data.

Any help?

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
It's a shame that a top-shelf game such as this would take so long to get gamers working to fix it, but here's my efforts thus far:

Found this nugget of gold hidden in some other section of the forums. Using USB Loader GX, I navigated to the game's settings (Samurai Warriors 3 > Settings > Game Load). I set Video Mode to Force NTSC and Aspect Ratio to Force 4:3. This enabled the game to get past the loading screen and enter the main menu.

Unfortunately, the game has further issues, which various backups have reported, including my own. Supposedly numerous people's backups (regardless of NTSC or PAL, from the reports I've read) still freeze on a black screen (black out) when trying to play different story modes. I confirmed this with trying to play Hanzo Hattori's story mode.

In short, this issue occurs regardless of game version. It requires special video settings in the latest revision of USB Loader GX to get past the black screen after loading. It then still encounters black screens when trying certain story modes, making progress in the game impossible. An integrity test was done on my backup in Dolphin 4.0-7202 and passed. The game has the same issues in Dolphin, so I'll be looking into their thread on the game next.

Last edited by GreenBanana, , Reason: Summary of what we know so far. Let's help one another and solve this.
Reactions: zeaz

popal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same thing happens with me (NTSC copy on PAL console), and changing the exact 2 video settings made it get to the menu, but starting any story mode freees in black screen.
Has anyone figured out how to run this game yet?

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I think the utility isn't dumping our games correctly. There's some unconventional way of doing it but I haven't been able to find what it is again despite my searching.

popal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I think it was a problem with the dumping process, I just got a good dump and it works without any settings, I managed to start story mode at least.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id use cios259 rev 21 base 56
also try herms 224 or 223 yeah its older but if it works then good
i had to use herms 224 for monster hunter tri. it would lock up after start game. also arc rise phantasia had issues and worked well with ios 224. the rev 21 cios should work.

Last edited by Captain_N,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare