Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

MetroidOtherS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran waithax and it succeeded then i ran safehax but it gets stuck on a black screen it doesnt boot decrypt9.
does anyone have a fix for my problem ive been having?
im using soundhax and waithax and safehax

Last edited by MetroidOtherS,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
still cant pass throught fasthax... :(
If you're following my guide, remember to change the files to your region, if JPN.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ran waithax and it succeeded then i ran safehax but it gets stuck on a black screen it doesnt boot decrypt9.
does anyone have a fix for my problem ive been having?
Update to 11.2 and try with my guide.

Inglip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, svchax isn't working with safehax OR fasthax.
I've even tried chaining svchax into fasthax to safehax

Any ideas?

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using soundhax
stop. and use oot. or steel diver. sub wars,

i'm still getting a black screen doing this..... i'm gonna try formatting my sd card that may help i don't know its the only thing i have not done yet.
have you tried other entry points.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finished my guide. Now it also has steps to change the files needed for it to work on other regions than USA and torrent client links.

I've already tried your guide, too.

I get through fasthax and then safehax but decrypt9 shits out on me

feelsbadman
Try to install steelhax, as other users have reported is also working. And reply if it works. Gonna update my guide if it does.

Reactions: Makore

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Black Screen after running SafeHax/FastHax with SoundHax? Possible solution! Definitely try a different Entrypoint!
ie: OotHax or SteelHax. I have a 2DS that was on 11.x that I tried waithax on 3 times last night, with same black screen error after running safehax. Today I ran the SafeHax build posted in this thread about 10 times or so and it just showed a bunch of addresses and then stopped on a black screen after a bit of text that was too fast to read. I updated to 11.2.0 35U and tried a few more times, with no success. Just now I tried to launch the homebrew browser with OotHax then ran the posted SafeHax build and Decrypt9 launched TWICE in a row, first shot. Not saying this is everyones solution, but it was definitely mine.

Reactions: Makore

faaaaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people say it's not working for them, but worked for me thrice. Try to follow my guide. If it still gives the error after 2 or 3 tries, we can confirm it's not user error.

Tried your method five or six times, sent to black screen almost immediately at step 8/9.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Black Screen after running SafeHax/FastHax with SoundHax? Possible solution! Definitely try a different Entrypoint!
ie: OotHax or SteelHax. I have a 2DS that was on 11.x that I tried waithax on 3 times last night, with same black screen error after running safehax. Today I ran the SafeHax build posted in this thread about 10 times or so and it just showed a bunch of addresses and then stopped on a black screen after a bit of text that was too fast to read. I updated to 11.2.0 35U and tried a few more times, with no success. Just now I tried to launch the homebrew browser with OotHax then ran the posted SafeHax build and Decrypt9 launched TWICE in a row, first shot. Not saying this is everyones solution, but it was definitely mine.
Then I'm updating my guide with instructions on how to install steelhax if something goes wrong.

Tried your method five or six times, sent to black screen almost immediately at step 8/9.
Switch to steelhax. If you wait a few minutes, I'm updating my guide with instructions on how to do so.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
O3DS/2DS v11.2.0-35U with soundhax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!25d2XKCK!nwp7NIdMmYZduFhydSaZsH9zGy2a6DlP71SqXTdXCYE
N3DS v11.2.0-35U with soundax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!j91g2CxI!YrxPgicql_vQ_SK4h5f8KhFUmXoKE4NcpKuVgswBv_k

Here are the instructions:

Requirements: uTorrent or Deluge.

1. Go to the link above that contains the ZIP for your device.
2. Go to this link and download the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z. We'll get to it later.
3. Go to this link (Note: it's a torrent magnet link, you'll need a torrent client to open it), download the file for your region and extract the zip.
4. Extract the Safehax ZIP you downloaded to your microSD root.
5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console.
7. Open Nintendo 3DS Sound, press DOWN (d-pad) two times and press A two times.
8. Homebrew will boot. Scroll down and launch Safehax.
9. Decrypt9WIP will launch. Choose "SysNAND Options", "CTRNAND tranfer...", "Auto CTRNAND Transfer". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A twice (one to select the zip file and the other to create a backup).
10. Press B and SELECT.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
15. Open your browser, do the initial setup, click URL and go to "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
16. It'll open a black screen with a few things written on it. Press SELECT, wait a few seconds and press any button to shutdown your console.
17. Power it on. The Luma3DS config screen will show. Press A at each one of the options (from "Autoboot SysNAND" to "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access). If you're on N3DS, also, Press A thrice at "New 3DS CPU". Press START and power off your console.
18. Power it on again. Exactly after you press the POWER button, hold START. It'll boot Houglass9.
19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console.
20. Put your microSD into your PC and backup the "otp.bin" inside your "a9lh" folder.
21. Now you can delete the "3ds" (if you don't want Homebrew), "a9lh", "files9", "Themes" folders and the "arm9.bin", "arm11.bin", "SafeA9LHInstaller.dat" and "soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a" (on O3DSes, on N3DSes it's "soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a") files. Also delete "boot.3dsx" if you don't want homebrew.

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, follow these steps.
1. Go to http://soundhax.com/ and select the right config for region and device.
2. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

Totally.
What about injecting FBI? Making a NAND backup and installing StarUpdater and other important CIAs like www.3ds.guide

Eruandou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Got it working on my Old 3ds 11.2 system. Soundhax just doesn't seem to work with fasthax/safehax, and stays at black screens after. Using OoTHax everything loaded correctly :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol