Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Help i get an error message saying a9lh not detected no usable files found when trying to ctr transfer..
Then put the ctrtransfer files in the files9 folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So are we still waiting for tomorrow or is there a tutorial for this up yet??
See mine.

Reactions: NoNAND

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then put the ctrtransfer files in the files9 folder.

See mine.

don't need to wait.
download safehax+fasthax from zoogie in this thread.
use entry point of your choice tho... soundhax is not recommended. bam. follow holy bible after that.

I have 11.2 though so this is working for 11.2 now?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have trouble with the magnet link too...
Scroll the new page down a little and select the file for your region. You need a torrent client, like uTorrent or Deluge. WIll update the instructions with their links.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS/2DS v11.2.0-35U with soundhax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!25d2XKCK!nwp7NIdMmYZduFhydSaZsH9zGy2a6DlP71SqXTdXCYE
N3DS v11.2.0-35U with soundax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!j91g2CxI!YrxPgicql_vQ_SK4h5f8KhFUmXoKE4NcpKuVgswBv_k

Here are the instructions:

1. Go to the link above that contains the ZIP for your device.
2. Go to this link and download the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z. We'll get to it later.
3. Go to this link (Note: it's a torrent magnet link, you'll need a torrent client to open it), download the file for your region and extract the zip.
4. Extract the Safehax ZIP you downloaded to your microSD root.
5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console.
7. Open Nintendo 3DS Sound, press DOWN (d-pad) two times and press A two times.
8. Homebrew will boot. Scroll down and launch Safehax.
9. Decrypt9WIP will launch. Choose "SysNAND Options", "CTRNAND tranfer...", "Auto CTRNAND Transfer". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A twice (one to select the zip file and the other to create a backup).
10. Press B and SELECT.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
15. Open your browser, do the initial setup, click URL and go to "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
16. It'll open a black screen with a few things written on it. Press SELECT, wait a few seconds and press any button to shutdown your console.
17. Power it on. The Luma3DS config screen will show. Press A at each one of the options (from "Autoboot SysNAND" to "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access). If you're on N3DS, also, Press A thrice at "New 3DS CPU". Press START and power off your console.
18. Power it on again. Exactly after you press the POWER button, hold START. It'll boot Houglass9.
19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console.
20. Put your microSD into your PC and backup the "otp.bin" inside your "a9lh" folder.
21. Now you can delete the "3ds" (if you don't want Homebrew), "a9lh", "files9", "Themes" folders and the "arm9.bin", "arm11.bin", "SafeA9LHInstaller.dat" and "soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a" (on O3DSes, on N3DSes it's "soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a") files. Also delete "boot.3dsx" if you don't want homebrew.

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, only the step 13 is modified. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

Totally.
i'm still getting a black screen doing this..... i'm gonna try formatting my sd card that may help i don't know its the only thing i have not done yet.

Reactions: Abunaiy0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom