Hacking Rxtools ROM question

Mochiman123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit confused with Rxtools. Are you able to play and use roms without a flashcart? I understand that it is functional with CIAs but am wondering if I'm missing something. I've tried decrypting a rom and wasn't sure where to go from there.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit confused with Rxtools. Are you able to play and use roms without a flashcart? I understand that it is functional with CIAs but am wondering if I'm missing something. I've tried decrypting a rom and wasn't sure where to go from there.
You can only run Cia installed games, but no .3ds format roms.
You can either convert 3ds roms to cia format yourself, or search for already converted Cia 3DS games.

So yes you can play 3DS games/Eshop games/homebrew with Rxtools. But everything has to be installed as cia. And not as roms.

Reactions: Mochiman123

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rxtools will play all the games you want.

First you need a way to launch gateway without a gateway card, to set up a emunand. Browser exploit, cubic ninja, zelda oot, etc

Then you want to install rxtools and before loading rxmode, install fbi (a cia service system) through injection in the rxtools menu.

Load rxmode, update emunand and start installing your cia's with fbi.

Most can be found, although easy enough to make from a rom dump with a combo of both 3DS Simple CIA Converter and rxtools.

It is very fast at making them.

The only hassle with installing cia files is the sd speed, limited to your card class and the class of the 3ds used. Class 6 for o3ds and class 10 for n3ds. No u is supported so a u1 or u3, class 10 will not make a difference except to your wallet. To be honest the 3ds has really poor speed regardless of the model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok