Hacking RXTools error

kumorebikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Ok, so after unlinking my nands, I don't have the 0 KB .txt files that say "x is sysnand" or "y is emunand"(Just an example) Was something done wrong?

Those files aren't generated automatically, most users create them after they've unlinked their NANDs so they know which is which.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so after unlinking my nands, I don't have the 0 KB .txt files that say "x is sysnand" or "y is emunand"(Just an example) Was something done wrong?
no nothing is wrong
on your sd card go into the nintendo 3ds folder then the new folder with random letters &numbers as a name and create a blank .txt files and rename them to import.db and title.db (respectively)
then boot your 3ds sysnand and go to system settings and then data management 3ds software and let the 3ds do its thing

Last edited by wormdood,

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no nothing is wrong
on your sd card go into the nintendo 3ds folder then the new folder with random letters &numbers as a name and create a blank import.db and title.db file
then boot your 3ds sysnand and go to system settings and then data management 3ds software and let the 3ds do its thing
Haha, yeah just did it. Now I'm going to update Emunand (I removed update nag too)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can automatically boot Rxmode Emunand as soon as I turn on my 3DS(or if it switchs to sysnand for any reason)
Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!
These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

Second note: This will only work with rxTools 3.0 nightly (from September onwards I think). No one has found a way for it to work with rxTools 2.6 and under as far as I know. The rxTools build included in Section 1 works with this.
  1. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  2. Make sure your WiFi is on and you are connected to the Internet!!
  3. Launch rxmode SysNAND (Hold L when booting rxTools to access it)
  4. Open BigBlueMenu (or any other CIA installer)
  5. If you already have access to the Homebrew Launcher, skip to step 9!!
  6. Install hblauncher_loader.cia (it's in the CIAs folder)
  7. Exit to the HOME menu; there will be a new gift. It is the Homebrew Launcher cia.
  8. Launch the Homebrew Launcher via the Homebrew Launcher cia you just installed in SysNAND.
  9. In the Homebrew Launcher, run the menuhax_manager installer and install menuhax.
  10. After all that, test if menuhax boots you into the homebrew menu at cold boot. Just turn off your 3DS and turn it back on, and don't press any buttons.
  11. On your SD card, look for the file which name starts with "ropbinpayload". Open it with HxD (included in the PC_Apps folder) or Notepad++. Maybe plain old Notepad will work too.
  12. Press CTRL+F and search for boot.3dsx. There will be two results.
  13. Change both to auto.3dsx and save the file.

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the bottom screen flash multiple colors, followed by the rxTools splash screen.
The Menuhax button config is as follows:
  • Menuhax loads if no buttons are held at boot.
  • Menuhax does not load if any button is held at boot.
Additionally:
  • If you hold L after the bottom screen turns white, you will boot into the rxTools menu.
  • If you hold SELECT after the bottom screen turns white, you will boot into the CTRBootManager menu.
Some precautions:
  • Changing your theme in SysNAND will remove Menuhax; that is, you would have to reinstall Menuhax again.
  • If your NANDs are still linked, Menuhax would also be installed in EmuNAND. This means you will get a black screen every time you attempt to load EmuNAND. To solve this, you can either:
    • Hold any button when launching EmuNAND to disable it from loading; you will have to do this every time.
    • Unlink your NANDs (Section 6), launch EmuNAND while holding any button to disable Menuhax from loading, then change the EmuNAND theme to remove it completely from EmuNAND without removing it from SysNAND.
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :wtf: +1