Russian hacker "GamerSuper" announces PSP games on PS3

PrinceNOOB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Recently, a russian hacker called GamerSuper claims he has proof that playing PSP games on the PS3 is in fact possible, and has made an thread announcement of his up-coming project, and uploaded this video, showing GTA Chinatown Wars playing on his Jailbroken PS3:

SOURCE

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hold up before anyone says whether this is fake or not, this guy has a hilarious accent.
laugh.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DigitalDeviant said:
can you imagine playing ps1 game eboots with this? one could play almost their entire ps1 collection via hdd on ps3, just a thought.
those work quite differently, though should be even easier to do than making full PSP games to work considering the main change to get this to work would be to disable signature checking on the PS3's playstation emulator.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The project is said to come in 2 parts: 1) a PC tool, which will convert any PSP ISO to a compatible PS3 format; and 2) a homebrew app (in a dot pkg) that must be launched only once in order to make the necessary changes that enable PSP gaming. Expect a beta release sometime soon.
Source

I just might get the jailbreak just for this, as I don't have a psp (although I need to stay on PSN...)

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rock Raiyu said:
...so then what is the point of having my PSP then?
Mind selling it to me? 8D

Okay, more on topic. That sounds great, but seriously? This soon? That's one hell of a feat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work