Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I feel like an idiot now.

Couldn't figure out how to complete the billboard request from Sofia
where she wants you to catch three birds so she can replace her father's soup.
She even hinted that I should hold "r" while approaching them.
You've got to walk up on them and smack them in the head or something.
Guess I'll try it again on the next day.

A couple things are irritating me about the game
like how the sound a rock/sand fish makes when it hits your line is exactly the same as the old "you're about to die, dumbass" sound"

but all told, this is probably the best RF game they've made so far.

I love how
storms are unavoidable now. I hate to admit that I would always get out of storms in the previous games by saving before sleeping.

This might just be the game that makes my friend repair his DS and come back to GBAtemp..

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I love how
storms are unavoidable now. I hate to admit that I would always get out of storms in the previous games by saving before sleeping.

OK about that request
you have to use the stylus to catch the birds, walk up slowly so they don't fly off. I just recaught the same one 3 times by walking off screen and back.

and
you can still avoid storms by frequent saving, the weather changes at the same times each day and so long as you get your requests done quickly (I choose do do mine from 6-9am) you can save to avoid crop loss. Weather seems to change at 6, 10, 2, and 6, and occasionally I have suffered overnight storm damage

I hope I've done these spoiler doodads correctly, they are my first.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Krobelus said:
Thanks Weaselpipe!

I thought you had to capture monsters, not actual birds.

I thought the same, and gave up on it. It was only after I was walking back to the apothecary with paralysis that I realised you can catch the birds when you are going slowly.

Glad to actually be of use!

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I first played the rom and at first I didn't really like it, but that was mostly because I got annoyed at some of the NPCs in the game. But that soon changed as I advanced . I went and bought the game a week ago and I have beaten the 4th dungeon boss. I'm now working on my girl wooing skills. It's a shame you still can't choose to play as a girl because there is one guy in RF3 I'd LOVE to hook up with: Gaius

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
I'm loving this game so far! I'm level 18 and on the last week of Spring year one. I've got my eyes set on Raven.
happy.gif

After talking to Daria so much, I now randomly get the desire to shout RAINBOW in real life conversations. O_O

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ineap09 said:
I'm loving this game so far! I'm level 18 and on the last week of Spring year one. I've got my eyes set on Raven.
happy.gif

After talking to Daria so much, I now randomly get the desire to shout RAINBOW in real life conversations. O_O
Yeah, Daria is a pretty 'colorful' character I must say
tongue.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I am up to the unity festival now, and Raven, Karina, Daria and Carmen are all at 10 on the love scale. Marian and the rest are at 9.

My main problem now is I feel sorry for them! Carlos has said I can have his sister (creepy), Daria keeps hugging me, Karina says she loves me (and Hazel keeps telling me to look after her), and Raven has written how much she likes me in her diary.

Surely there is an option to sleep with them all and do a runner in the night?

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
iMasaru said:
Never played a Rune Factory game before, are 1 and 2 any good? should i play those before playing this?
No real need to play the first two games. The third game has a pretty good tutorial that teaches you the gameplay basics and is superior to RF 1 and 2 imo.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
anyone going to marry karina?

im now stuck between

karina, sakuya, sofia and carmen.

why RF3? WHYYYY
cry.gif

Karina = lazy, has delusions of leaving town but is too lazy to actually do it, can BARELY run the shop = no

Sakuya = cutest in the entire town , sells useful items often , has a decent family who are all good in battle = YES

Note - awesome wife (i married her) she gives you high sell value items pretty much every day and i personally think shes one of the stronger female characters to take with you into battle so yeah

Sofia = backwards talk = anoying = no

Carmen = looks good in swim outfit... has a nice rack... but has the most anoying brother in the exsistance of time = no

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGzykqrsuM