Gaming [Rumor] Unnamed source says devs canning Vita projects, moving to 3DS

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doubtful. I don't see devs wanting to limit themselves severely by moving to the 3DS. It's not even half as capable. Plus the design has to be pretty different to fit the 3DS style.
You mean the controls, or the whole game?
Becuase.. Circle pad pro..

Not so much control layout (though I remind you the CPP is a clunky "optional" addition and games can't require it as of yet), but just the dual screen vs single screen is a huge difference. Sure the Vita has a touchscreen now, but I doubt it's going to get as much serious attention as the DS does. It can be a pretty awkward transition, though i'm sure some games wouldn't be hindered by it aside from the actual capabilities of the handheld itself.

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I hope this isn't true. I loved my DS and I love my PSP and 3DS. And down the lines I was gonna purchase a vita. Really really hope this isn't true. I'm a huge handheld gamer :|

Reactions: 1 person

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unnamed? Yea....right. :glare:

[RUMOR]UNNAMED SOURCE SAY VITA HAS LOCATION TRACERS AND BURNS YOUR HOUSE WHILE YOU AREN'T LOOKING.

Look guise I made a legit news post. :yay:

Reactions: 2 people

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I hope this isn't true. I loved my DS and I love my PSP and 3DS. And down the lines I was gonna purchase a vita. Really really hope this isn't true. I'm a huge handheld gamer :|
Well, if all the games come out for the 3DS instead of the Vita, then it's just less money you need to spend, really.
No?

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if all the games come out for the 3DS instead of the Vita, then it's just less money you need to spend, really.
No?
Actually I wouldn't be too happy no. Reason being is the 3DS and Vita are 2 different systems with different capabilities. I wouldn't want a game meant for the Vita to come on the 3DS instead. That means the game would have to be butchered down to the 3DS specs with some 3D added on. The Vita is a more powerful machine capable of playing more powerful games that the 3DS can't.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What really happened from what I gathered is that someone used a google translation for a Japanese source. They didn't understand Japanese and jumped the gun thinking that many devs were moving their games to 3DS. Devs are not moving their projects, it was ONE un-named dev who moved their project to the 3DS.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What really happened from what I gathered is that someone used a google translation for a Japanese source. They didn't understand Japanese and jumped the gun thinking that many devs were moving their games to 3DS. Devs are not moving their projects, it was ONE un-named dev who moved their project to the 3DS.
That sounds more realistic.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Both systems have their own hand of first-party games.
Saying that devs are canning PS Vita doesn't mean that it's a dead system. It just means that Sony will have to support their own system (which they'll probably will and succesfully too. I mean, they're known to create hit titles such as LBP and modnation racers)
Furthermore, if devs are indeed canning the system, it means less shovelware? :creep:

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So an anonymous source said to a Nintendo news site that games which haven't been specified for the Vita are being moved to 3DS and we know nothing about who said it or what games it will be?
...sounds legit.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This news in a few words: "A console doesn't have all devs making games on it and it won't succeed!" *takes a look at my Wii near my TV*.. Sure sounds legit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas