Gaming [Rumor] Unnamed source says devs canning Vita projects, moving to 3DS

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if this were true it'd be in good company...

http://www.kotaku.co...lled-3ds-games/

Besides a story from an anonymous source (and bearing in mind Game Industry as his credentials doesn't mean he's a dev....) posted on a Nintendo tilted site is hardly gospel. When the PSP lost developers it was the studio's themselves who told us, not random anonymous articles (for example Ready at Dawn)

Edit- And ....why is this news when it's totally unconfirmed?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
so gamasutra is making news up damn those gamasutra people

Do you read the articles you reference? The gamasutra article is about a Sony representative's response to the original scaremongering....the original source is an anonymous tip.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Moved to Vita discussions.
why? this is a actual news article from news site what with the effort to hide :O

It is not news it is pure troll bait bs intended to stir up trouble.

YET! You did not quote the gamasutra article. If you did, then this would be here. I.E., yes, it is pure troll bait; otherwise this would've been here. The guy from Gamasutra says it's pure bullcrap.

"I did not see that quote, but you see extremist quotes like that all the time," says Rohde, who spoke to Gamasutra about the incipient launch of the Vita in North America.

"I mean, obviously, there is no way anyone could stand in front of a camera and say that all developers are changing focus from one platform to another, no matter what it is."

Rohde went on to say that his guess is that it's "largely exaggerated. I know many, many, many third party developers and publishers are feverishly working on Vita titles, not just for now, but for the foreseeable future.""

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why? this is a actual news article from news site what with the effort to hide :O

YET! You did not quote the gamasutra article. If you did, then this would be here. I.E., yes, it is pure troll bait; otherwise this would've been here. The guy from Gamasutra says it's pure bullcrap.

"I did not see that quote, but you see extremist quotes like that all the time," says Rohde, who spoke to Gamasutra about the incipient launch of the Vita in North America.

"I mean, obviously, there is no way anyone could stand in front of a camera and say that all developers are changing focus from one platform to another, no matter what it is."

Rohde went on to say that his guess is that it's "largely exaggerated. I know many, many, many third party developers and publishers are feverishly working on Vita titles, not just for now, but for the foreseeable future.""

i did quote part of it

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

i did quote part of it
But you quoted the initial part which seemed anti-Sony biased at the beginning and left out the person telling them it was ridiculous; a portion far more important considering the rest of it.

Valwin, for the love of god, please stop trying to push isn't horridly anti-Sony. We all know it is.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i did quote part of it
But you quoted the initial part which seemed anti-Sony biased at the beginning and left out the person telling them it was ridiculous; a portion far more important considering the rest of it.

Valwin, for the love of god, please stop trying to push isn't horridly anti-Sony. We all know it is.

if you want the whole news that why there source i don't like doing carbon copy of news i try to cut them up so that the demanding Gbatemp users ca digest them better

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

i did quote part of it

if you want the whole news that why there source i don't like doing carbon copy of news i try to cut them up so that the demanding Gbatemp users ca digest them better
In doing so you cut of a wholly relevant portion of the news. GBAtemp users aren't idiots you know. If they can survive the endless mounds of text in the Golden Sun games, they can read 2 or 3 paragraphs easily. You could've inserted a small part of his rebuttal to counterbalance the rumor, yet you ended with "Obviously Sony says that's not the case, but you have to wonder how much Sony wants to let on while the system is yet to fully launch outside of Japan." instead, which makes the article opinionated. It would've been a fine topic had you inserted the fact that it was a rumor in the title and added part of his rebuttal. You didn't.

By making the excerpt biased, you give users who read it the wrong idea. Especially those who do not read the source. (i.e., the majority of people)

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
How hard is it to not take rumors from a unnamed source for a fact?
Even if its true devs can projects all the time and change platform all the time, especially when a platform is suddenly starting to sell like the 3ds devs may choose the safe option for a platform with a larger userbase instead of one that still has to prove its worth.

****don't mind this post and just go on with your Nintedo vs Sony flamewar/trolling****

Reactions: 1 person

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
BREAKING NEWS: THIS IS NOT A LET'S TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING VALWIN THREAD
BREAKING NEWS: CHECK, I WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW HIS POST WAS RIDICULOUS, NOT HIM. (For once)

How hard is it to not take rumors from a unnamed source for a fact?
Even if its true devs can projects all the time and change platform all the time, especially when a platform is suddenly starting to sell like the 3ds devs may choose the safe option for a platform with a larger userbase instead of one that still has to prove its worth.

****don't mind this post and just go on with your Nintedo vs Sony flamewar/trolling****
It's when it's presented as relevant news that it becomes a problem. People might get the wrong idea.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news, finally the 3DS will have games...

The news is incorrect though, it's ONE PUBLISHER canning Vita games.

Where does it say anything about it being a publisher, or even a developer? It could be a management figure or a industry pundit....plus the 3DS has had games cancelled....

Also given that new Valwin Avatar cements his position on trolling...

MuqyT.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu