[Rumor] Playstation Vita Won’t Play Playstation One Classics

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd ideally like to replace my PSP altogether - which I won't be able to do as of yet, as it might not play my bought classics or my UMD's - and I'm not willing to repay for them. I can't carry around a Vita, PSP, 3DS, and a phone. That being said, I don't see this affecting a lot of people. I don't know many people, outside of myself and a few friends, who use their PSP's to play Playstation Classics. And even so, unless you're a hardcore Playstation classic fan, I don't see it acting as a deal breaker.

If you really have a craving for a PSP game or a PSOne game (provided the vouchers aren't a significant discount/don't apply to all regions and the PSOne Classics rumor is true), then bring the PSP. I really doubt you'll be such an ADD gamer that you'll playing the PSP one second, then feel like playing a Vita game, then feel like playing a 3DS game. You can bring one at a time and a phone easily.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not ADD - I'm constantly moving about, and I don't have the option of going back to get my other consoles when I feel like playing a different game - I'd have to go a few weeks without the console I leave at my house. Thus, I was hoping I'd be able to replace my PSP - I don't play many PSOne Classics (apart from Xenogears), but if the PSP games aren't significantly discounted, and the Classics aren't available, I don't know if I'll be able to. I have a while to decide either way - I wasn't planning on getting one until Late 2012, to give the game window some time. But at this point, who knows.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not ADD - I'm constantly moving about, and I don't have the option of going back to get my other consoles when I feel like playing a different game - I'd have to go a few weeks without the console I leave at my house. Thus, I was hoping I'd be able to replace my PSP - I don't play many PSOne Classics (apart from Xenogears), but if the PSP games aren't significantly discounted, and the Classics aren't available, I don't know if I'll be able to. I have a while to decide either way - I wasn't planning on getting one until Late 2012, to give the game window some time. But at this point, who knows.

For the record, the classics are actually coming at launch apparently. The PSP games is a different matter but PSOne Classics will be available and playable at launch.

Really though, I think you just have a unique portable situation. Either way, you can play PSP, Vita, and PSOne games at launch on the Vita.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are this is just a mis-translation, or the feature will be delayed into the life span of the Vita. The infrastructure couldn't have been altered that much if PSP games can be played natively...

...PSP games can be played natively on the Vita, right? Through download, of course.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...PSP games can be played natively on the Vita, right? Through download, of course.

Yeah, they're emulated I think.

Honestly, just buy a Vita and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite at launch. You'll get dual analog for it most likely so so long shit camera and it'd be magic (unlikely but one can hope) if they had some sort of "Ad Hoc Party" feature for the Vita so you could just play it online.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they could map the D-pad controls of PSP games into the Vita's second analog...

Whoa. :D

Well they said PSP games on the Vita can use the second analog stick. I see why not if the PSP's PSOne Classics could map controls to the analog nub and if the 3DS can sub the D-Pad for the circle pad for DS games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi