[RUMOR] Multiple sources claim Persona 4: Golden is headed to PC

9A63167D-528C-4C3C-BFEF-7CF5871AECEA.jpeg

There are just a handful of days before the PC Gaming Show begins, where we’ll see dozens of games be teased, revealed, and shown off to the excited masses. But as always, massive rumors begin to fly before any major event occurs, and this year is no different. A journalist for NintendoSoup, Sabi, claims that the big reveal that Atlus is currently teasing for the PC Gaming Show will be a port of Persona 4: Golden. They have apparently received confirmation of this through PC files given to them by a source, along with a more uncertain claim of a PC port for Persona 3 Portable as well. Supposedly, it’ll be both announced and released on the same day. Other major journalists Daniel “ZhugeEX” Ahmad, Nibellion, and Wario64 are also verifying the rumor through their own sources. This makes the rumor quite credible and believable, but at this point, nothing is confirmed. We’ll learn for certain June 13th.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Possible SteamDB Page

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That would never happen, because it has Fire Emblem characters. Only way to play that on PC is via emulator.
Reminds me of Final Fantasy: Advent Children, which has a character based on, and owned by, a famous Japanese star - and thus cannot be ported or remade for any other console or platform, not even newer PlayStations.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that Golden is a bit less exploration than the PS2 original, so I'll get the PS2 one and, if these rumors are true, I'll pirate Golden on PC.

If not, I can still do it on PSTV.

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I can't stand playing long and involving games on PC sitting all way long in front of the monitor. Call it a portability addiction, but I play jRPGs only on handhelds like 3DS, Vita, Wii U in TV mode, and now Switch. I still hope to see Persona and Dangandronpa, all of them, on the latter. It would be a day one purchase for me.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if this is ported to PC, I finally don't need that crave to buy a PS Vita. this is the only game that I want to play on vita.

Also I hope they don't port persona 3 portable. The original persona 3 vanilla/fes was great but persona 3 portable is very boring. FemC helped a little, but if you have played the ps2 version, it feels inferior. The only redeeming quality is that you can date the guys on p3p, but that's not a killer feature.

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
A Persona 4 Arena /Ultimax is more likely to be ported. Then again, they would shadowed by BBTAG :unsure:. Following Catherine example, there's a slight chance if they do, it will be vanilla P4.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want a Persona 3 remake with the PS2 style look but make it much better and let you control your allies. also put the answer in there has well.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't stand playing long and involving games on PC sitting all way long in front of the monitor. Call it a portability addiction, but I play jRPGs only on handhelds like 3DS, Vita, Wii U in TV mode, and now Switch. I still hope to see Persona and Dangandronpa, all of them, on the latter. It would be a day one purchase for me.
you can stream your pc game to your phone you know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A Persona 4 Arena /Ultimax is more likely to be ported. Then again, they would shadowed by BBTAG :unsure:. Following Catherine example, there's a slight chance if they do, it will be vanilla P4.
persona 4 arena for PC actually exists, but it's the arcade version, so no story mode from what I heard

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
P3P is actually an enhanced version. The only thing it’s missing is the 3D town maps (which are pointless anyway) and the stupid side game from FES.

Apart from the FEMC path, I don’t see full control as an improvement here. I prefer it to letting the cpu play my other characters in other games, but P3’s fights were actually balanced around the cpu’s possible mistakes with the party, so using full control makes the game way too easy. Also I’d really rather get P3FES’s visual fidelity, animated cutscenes and the Answer.
Then if they actually balanced fights around full control, I’d love it obviously

Last edited by Yawnn,

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Apart from the FEMC path, I don’t see full control as an improvement here. I prefer it to letting the cpu play my other characters in other games, but P3’s fights were actually balanced around the cpu’s possible mistakes with the party, so using full control makes the game way too easy.
I really dunno about that - unless by "balanced" you mean Mitsuru wasting turns on charm spells for bosses that cannot be charmed, while other party members regularly fail to heal each other at critical moments. I can see the appeal of teammates being independent and making mistakes, but party AI in Persona 3 borders less on honest miscalculation and more on self-sabotaging stupidity.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I want all of them on steam ..... I didn’t finish any of them hehe ..... bought them all last year.

Attachments

• 742D3410-EF17-4739-8BA7-754D6DFC7990.jpeg
    742D3410-EF17-4739-8BA7-754D6DFC7990.jpeg
    867.3 KB · Views: 116
  • A6B2B157-232F-4923-A9D7-99CF6CC81CE5.jpeg
    A6B2B157-232F-4923-A9D7-99CF6CC81CE5.jpeg
    873.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 8E3F84D7-9FD2-4184-88BC-EA5BB9F72925.jpeg
    8E3F84D7-9FD2-4184-88BC-EA5BB9F72925.jpeg
    911.6 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Peloisan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol