[Rumor] Miiverse+NNID for 3DS coming in Fall?

signz

Timelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There could be a unified E-shop. Someone showed a picture on neogaf accessing Wii U content on the 3DS. Wasn't possible before.

G70sTqA.png
Could you post the link to the discussion on neogaf? I kinda doubt that's real..

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

signz

Timelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I saw the video. The thing we PROBABLY get is a unified shop where you can cross-buy games you alredy own for a small fee, think Wii-WiiU VC and a connected NNID but still system bound. probably. A shame, especially for Handhelds!

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THis is projected information, nintendos goal is to have this out by that time. just like the summer update that was supposed to happened, whatever happens happens. although I trust emily rogers, even she knows that things change. although this came up much earlier than these two post.

EDIT: im too tire3d to fix my typos

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the Miiverse Nintendo Network ID for the WiiU tie eShop games to the account, or are they still tied to the console?

Because I don't believe it will be any different for the 3DS. I think this NNID account is just an account for the Miiverse social network (and maybe a shortcut for the Friend Code system). The eShop still keeps a separate account, which is ultimately tied to the console (because the NNID you create is tied to the console as well, as you will need a system transfer to use it on another console).

Bottomline is, I don't think Nintendo wants to do this "one account, multiple devices" approach. It's a bit prone to abuse. Anybody can just download games from their account to a new system, sell it for a pop, rinse repeat. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but chances are, almost everybody is like that. Give them an inch, they'll take a mile, especially when there's money involved (see all the gamers demanding quality from a $2 game). It's just the way people works.
Presumably you would have to keep your account on the system to keep the games (like in Android), so that would seriously deter selling. I certainly am not going to trust some random guy I'm selling to with my account. It's like sharing netflix, you have to really trust the people you do it with.

I would also imagine there would be a maximum device limit per account, similar to many other services.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Presumably you would have to keep your account on the system to keep the games (like in Android), so that would seriously deter selling. I certainly am not going to trust some random guy I'm selling to with my account. It's like sharing netflix, you have to really trust the people you do it with.

I would also imagine there would be a maximum device limit per account, similar to many other services.

Things I'm sure Nintendo have also considered, seeing as everybody else is doing it, really. That's all they need to do, look around. But they really haven't nudged an inch in that direction, so I don't see them going there any time soon.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things I'm sure Nintendo have also considered, seeing as everybody else is doing it, really. That's all they need to do, look around. But they really haven't nudged an inch in that direction, so I don't see them going there any time soon.

To be honest though, they were also not showing any signs of moving to a single FC per device, or putting DLC into a On-System app. This Social Networking thing also caught me by surprise.

Nintendo is random as hell.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
To be honest though, they were also not showing any signs of moving to a single FC per device, or putting DLC into a On-System app. This Social Networking thing also caught me by surprise.

Nintendo is random as hell.

Fair point. I guess we'll all see when Miiverse 3DS rolls around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe