Gaming Rumor: Eminem E3 Video

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
Real men that listen to electronic music listen to Hardstyle, Acid or Hardcore, not that valiumnized house or dubstep one falls asleep once listening to.

Now hate me... :P

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some apparent concept art and details
Acid%20Ghost%20concept%20art%201.jpg

Acid%20Ghost%20two.jpg

- features a level-up system and skill tree system
- the more powerful you become, the more powers you gain
- stay away from mirrors, glass, and certain light sources that reveal your image
- meter that shows how visible your spirit is to the human eye, depending on the type of light you are standing in
- if a human sees you, you must restart
- you can 'design' nightmares on the Wii U controller, tailored to each person's fears
- this includes choosing locations, scenarios, and other things
- Nightmares don't have to take place on the cruise ship.
- You can create "accidents" for chefs in the cruise ship's kitchen by playing with knives, blenders, or shoving people into ovens.
- Ability to set objects and people on fire.
- Design hallucinations and put them in people's heads.
- Design monsters and creatures to place into people's nightmares and hallucinations.
- You can cause trouble on the cruise ship that will get passengers divorced, fired by their boss, force them into a situation of adultery, or pin/frame them for a crime they didn't commit.
- You can choose to do good deeds, such as stopping a burglary or save a kid from drowning

- 7 different endings depending on how you choose to play the game

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=177431

Just screams out fake to me. That concept art looks very generic and amateurish.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
- features a level-up system and skill tree system
- the more powerful you become, the more powers you gain
- stay away from mirrors, glass, and certain light sources that reveal your image
- meter that shows how visible your spirit is to the human eye, depending on the type of light you are standing in
- if a human sees you, you must restart
- you can 'design' nightmares on the Wii U controller, tailored to each person's fears
- this includes choosing locations, scenarios, and other things
- Nightmares don't have to take place on the cruise ship.
- You can create "accidents" for chefs in the cruise ship's kitchen by playing with knives, blenders, or shoving people into ovens.
- Ability to set objects and people on fire.
- Design hallucinations and put them in people's heads.
- Design monsters and creatures to place into people's nightmares and hallucinations.
- You can cause trouble on the cruise ship that will get passengers divorced, fired by their boss, force them into a situation of adultery, or pin/frame them for a crime they didn't commit.
- You can choose to do good deeds, such as stopping a burglary or save a kid from drowning

- 7 different endings depending on how you choose to play the game

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=177431

Just screams out fake to me. That concept art looks very generic and amateurish.

Picture aside, those points make it seem like a friggin awesome game, now I'm interested in what will become of it. =3

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picture aside, those points make it seem like a friggin awesome game, now I'm interested in what will become of it. =3
All of it has been debunked. Someone took art from someone's deviantart page and made up some info on the game.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All of it has been debunked. Someone took art from someone's deviantart page and made up some info on the game.
So nothing of it is true? D=

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why people complain so much about Eminem on E3.
Eminem is a famous rapper, everybody knows him.
It's very usual for enterprises to use artists image to promove their product.
Liking him or not, he will catch people's attention

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does celebrity endorsement even work? I mean have any of you actually thought "If it's good enough for then it's good enough for me!"?
It creates a talking point for those who wouldn't normally read up on video games, the types who don't object to video games, they may own a console and get the yearly CoD/FIFA/Need For Speed but they won't go out actively looking for news.

In this case this rumoured news story was actually featured on NME.com a magazine that wouldn't normally cover video games, also it probably popped up on other popular sites and music related media. So even in rumoured form it has created awareness that Nintendo has a console called the Wii U and the less informed may think "Huh Eminem is promoting a mature Nintendo game" and thus its on their radar.

If it makes people talk about it and creates more media coverage then it works. Just like when Nintendo got Nicole Kidman, because it was a big named actress who hasn't ever endorsed video games the more "mature" press covered it and sales of Brain Training increased dramatically.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eminem?

You mean the guy who wrote a song about him murdering his wife with a knife?

Good choice, Nintendo.
I don't see how different it is than say Nicole Kidman who had played a woman who murdered her fella in To Die For. He plays a character in his music, not very well at times but its a character nonetheless.

Besides, you're criticising Nintendo on something that is pure rumour.

Reactions: 1 person

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does celebrity endorsement even work? I mean have any of you actually thought "If it's good enough for then it's good enough for me!"?
I don't think that applies to anyone here because this is primarily a gaming website. Celebrity endorsement "works" in the sense that the product is exposed to a large demographic of impressionable fans. You are correct that most of us here don't need a celebrity as a deal-breaker when sitting on the fence as to buy a game or not. However, if even a small percentage of Eminem's fan base ... ...you get the point.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think that applies to anyone here because this is primarily a gaming website. Celebrity endorsement "works" in the sense that the product is exposed to a large demographic of impressionable fans. You are correct that most of us here don't need a celebrity as a deal-breaker when sitting on the fence as to buy a game or not. However, if even a small percentage of Eminem's fan base ... ...you get the point.

We're not the only ones who pretend to buy WiiU. That's why Nintendo uses Eminem's image, to get attention of other publics.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Anyone for tea?
Ooh Jolly good! Mine with two lumps sir.
A new Nintendo advert! Charlie! those little fella's from the east are on television.
Oh gosh, bloody marvellous. I do love those chaps.
Whats this? A rap tune? Splendid!
Which exotic land is this man from? and what did he just say?

More Tea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo